The Rodney and Carson duo are back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rodney and Carson duo are back!

So, after watching "Outsiders" the episode was great all around, imo. Had some great action, nice character drama, and some comic relief. However what really sold this episode was the Mckay and Carson chemistry. The whole Hive scenes and after were just some classic Carson and Mckay moments that truly brought the earlier years alive. The friendship bond was strong and the comic relief was excellent but not overdone. The episode still managed to keep a dark dramatic feel, but with a few Rodney Mckay jokes in there.

Some great lines...

Character/ Drama

Mckay: But why didn't you tell me?
    Carson: Because you would of stopped me from going

Mckay: I understand You feel guilty, but this is not your fault
    Carson: One of the first things they taught us in medical school was do no harm.

Mckay: You cannot solve all the galaxy's problem in one day.

Comic Relief:

Nobel: Is he the one?
    Mckay: The one wha?
    Nobel: The one about the funny stories
    Carson: Right

Carson: Where's the key?
    Mckay : It's not a volkswagon, Carson!

*There were many more lines I just chose a few*
    sigpic

The dart scene was the best - and the part where at least two sexy bugs got away.

das
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
      The dart scene was the best - and the part where at least two sexy bugs got away.

das
      After Whispers, this episode was a breath of fresh air. It just brought Carson's character from 5 years of Atlantis alive. I think this is why people love this character because of his passion to try and save others. I also love the great amount of respect Rodney has for Carson. It truly showed in this episode.
      sigpic

Comment

YEAH! They own this episode!

Kisses to Rodney and Carson!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          After Whispers, this episode was a breath of fresh air. It just brought Carson's character from 5 years of Atlantis alive. I think this is why people love this character because of his passion to try and save others. I also love the great amount of respect Rodney has for Carson. It truly showed in this episode.

Thanks for the green - but you so will NOT like the other thread I started. Like I said, the dart scene was the best. I have lost much respect for our dear doctor.

das
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Rodney and Carson's interactions in this episode were great. It was nice to see them stuck in a situation together.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So, after watching "Outsiders" the episode was great all around, imo. Had some great action, nice character drama, and some comic relief. However what really sold this episode was the Mckay and Carson chemistry. The whole Hive scenes and after were just some classic Carson and Mckay moments that truly brought the earlier years alive. The friendship bond was strong and the comic relief was excellent but not overdone. The episode still managed to keep a dark dramatic feel, but with a few Rodney Mckay jokes in there.

Some great lines...

Character/ Drama

Carson: One of the first things they taught us in medical school was do no harm.

Comic Relief:

Nobel: Is he the one?
              Mckay: The one wha?
              Nobel: The one about the funny stories
              Carson: Right

Carson: Where's the key?
              Mckay : It's not a volkswagon, Carson!

*There were many more lines I just chose a few*
              Its weird, this Carson never attended Medical School.

Comment

He never attended med school, but doesn't he have all the memories of one who did? One of my problems was, I didn't know a clone could be fed upon. I mean, he is really human?
                Anyway, imo, the best part was the interaction between Rodney and Beckett. THe rest of it was uh-kay.
                If you're not going to learn from your mistakes, don't make any!

Comment

I never really saw Rodney and Carson as a couple (not like Daniel and Jack). Rodney works well in a duo with just about anyone when you think about it. Rodney and Teal'c would be golden. Rodney and Woolsey, supreme. Hell, Rodney has even been with Rodney. Yes sir, Rodney McKay is a character who pairs with anyone.

Comment

"I have another idea, it's a long shot but it might work... *Pause*...but you're going to have to get off me"

Just way he said it had me laughing.
                    But the entire dart scene was brilliant.

"I can't solve all the galaxy's problems in one day."
                    "Well I-"
                    "Shut it."

Comment

Some great lines...

Character/ Drama

That scene was the best in the whole episode, IMO. Both Carson and Rodney were wonderful, both trying to do their utmost in terrible circumstances. Carson has the heart of a thousand men, and Rodney showed what a loyal and supportive friend he is behind the snark. *loving both of them*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                        That scene was the best in the whole episode, IMO. Both Carson and Rodney were wonderful, both trying to do their utmost in terrible circumstances. Carson has the heart of a thousand men, and Rodney showed what a loyal and supportive friend he is behind the snark. *loving both of them*
                        It seems this season has truly been for the characters and that is a good thing, imo. Of course a good story is important as well.
                        sigpic

Comment

This episode reinforced how much I have missed Carson as the doc of the show... they were good together.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                            Yes, they bring out the good and the bad in each other especialy the good. Loved how this was played by both actors and this will be a re-watch one for me for the banter and for the team feel that threaded through the ep
                            sigpic
                            banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
                              Rodney works well in a duo with just about anyone when you think about it. Rodney and Teal'c would be golden.
                              Rodney tried to kill Teal'c.
                              sigpic
                              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                              X