This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't like this episode.

Rodney (and somewhat Carson) is a genius (but not as much as Carter is).

Tomorrow, a clipshow (yay?).
    sigpic

Comment

Oh no, another village and a bunch of threatened villagers that need 'saving'!!! *Yawn*

The only good part of this episode was Beckett standing up to the Wraith to enrage him enough to feed on him so he got poisoned by the Hoffan drug in Beckett's body. It was good to see him doing the brave hero bit!

Reversing the Wraith beaming and storage device was a great idea so McKay and Beckett got beamed out when the Wraith was trying to pick up fleeing humans!

I suppose this episode gave more insights into what other Wraith were doing in the face of their problem with the tainted food supply. Each trying to outdo the other hives to get an upper hand. Still, it wasn't one of the better episodes of this season.

Comment

Yeah pretty ordinary ep.

I agree that Beckett getting the Wraith to feed on him was the best part.

It's always good to see Beckett and McKay together.
        sigpic

Comment

Midweek, another ep of Atlantis.

1. Scumbags ahoy! Jervis stabbed the "outsiders" in the back and then that guy stabbed our guy in the back...and then got what was coming to him.

2. Probably Beckett's best moment yet.

3. Agam Darshi. Cool.

4. I don't think Shep honestly knew that humans were in the mineshaft - he probably just assumed or took it for granted that the Wraith would be led there.

Still cool.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I remember a lot of people complaining that Teyla could not sense the Wraith at the start of the episode. That did not really bother me as it would not have changed anything in the development of the episode. I can't put my finger on it but their is something off on this episode. It is an interesting idea to explore more of the effect the Hoffan drug has on the Pegasus Galaxy now that Micheal isn't a serious threat but something just seems off. It was too formulaic and predictible. It was obvious to me that Carson had the plague and I could see the revolt coming a mile away. Does anyone else but me have a problem with Shepphed killing all those villagers. Yes I realize they were going to turn those aliens in to the Wraith but it just seems wrong to kill people who were just trying to protect their homes. And the Wraith just come off dumb in stragety in protecting the gate. The Hive ship should have fired the second the gate was dialed This episode falls into that category of good idea but bad execution
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog:

OUTSIDERS (512)

Okay, I’ll be honest. I don’t really remember much about this episode outside of the scene where McKay and Beckett argue over the cramped seating in the dart.

I do recall one of the fan sites, again, incorrectly stating that the working title of this episode was “Amort”, presumably based on the fact that some Art Department sketches contained the word “Amort” under Episode Title. As I explained in a previous post, “Amort” is short for “Amortize” – in this case, it’s a reference to the village set, the cost of which was amortized (written off over time) over the course of many episodes.

Actor Brendan Penny who plays the wraith technician here (and stepped in for Chris Heyderdahl in Spoils of War and Be All My Sins Remember’d) is presently playing the part of Brian Lucas on the t.v. show Motive starring Louis Ferreira (SGU’s Colonel Everett Young).

Photos:
              Book

The local color

The terrific Joel Polis as Elson.

Just like high school. You’ve got the villager clique and the crew clique.

Cast or crew member? Often it was hard to tell.
              sigpic

Comment

I hated this episode. No explanations of what Carson was doing. He went back to earth in "The Seed" and I had hoped he would stay there. But no no no. "Let's bring Carson back, and not tell any one why... "

I was waiting for that explanation, but it never came. After 30 minutes I nearly fell asleep

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  I can answer this. You turn the episode watching into a drinking game
                  Good advise

Comment

I liked this episode. I enjoy Carson and was glad to have him back. I didn't get why Shep would be ok with killing people to kill the wraith, but I liked it. I didn't see those people as evil but more desperate.

This is another episode that I didn't like the first time around. I'm not sure why I like it now. Same way with the movie the 5th element. Hated it the first time but love it the 12th or so time. Multipass.

Comment

I didn't want the wraith to die.
                      Last edited by Night Maiden; 09 September 2014, 10:55 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I can't for the life of me remember what this episode was about... ...and I've seen it at least 5 times. That either says a lot about the quality, my brain or how memorable it was.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Probably your brain
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Probably your brain
                            I knew you were gonna say that...
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                            X