• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Outsiders' (512) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 512

The Wraith arrive in a village where Dr. Beckett is working, and demand that the locals turn over a group of refugees who survived the Hoffan plague -- or the entire village will be obliterated.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 12:33 AM.

Kudos to McCullough, I really liked this one.

That ending was…unexpected. All the traitors got what they deserved though in the end. I did however expect the Beckett twist. McKay+Beckett scene on the hive ship was just like old times.

Funny, all the episodes I thought would have been my favorites, haven’t quite met my expectations. On the other hand, all the episodes I was not looking forward to, I’ve ended up enjoying.
    Last edited by Teslan; 19 October 2008, 07:47 PM.
    If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

That? Was an outstanding episode!

Character drama. Action. Brilliant performances.

Now that's the kind of episode that does Carson Beckett justice.
      sigpic

Comment

There were a few funny moments in this, and the 'Volkswagen' comment was pretty hilarious. All and all, its good to see the wraith doing what they do best, although their foot soldiers are laughable. Like 6 of them were shooting at Beckett and he took out most of them with the stunner. Nice work for a human Doctor. If the wraith ever invade Earth we'll just send med students after them.

Comment

Good to see Beckett again!

Vala,

Comment

One of the better episodes. It had good Carson/Rodney moments.
            supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed this one. It wasn't my favorite, but it had a nice old style stargate feel to it. Would be nice to see a few more like this before the season ends.

That one wraith on the ship had some funky looking teeth. Like a beaver

Was it me, or do the actors look like they are not as into the show as before. With the exception of Rodney character, who seems to be on, even he is kinda...blah. Maybe it is just me, but things feel kinda off. The acting just seems so disheartened. Maybe I am not explaining well.

Comment

I thought the episode was okay. Reminded me a bit of "Red Sky" on SG1, but, the Beckett-McKay moments were good, particularly in the dart (snort). And for a split second, I thought, oh great, they're going to kill Beckett again, but when he didn't start aging and they went to commercial, I figured, wait, he's been infected...

Comment

As I said, good to see Beckett again. That episode was very boring during the beginning. It got interesting around time the Wraith deal thing was mentioned.

I am however glad that we did get to see a followup on the Wraith-Hoffan drug problem. How did they track the survivors to that planet initially?

What tipped off the Wraith to increase the guards at the gate? Did I miss something there?

Beckett and McKay on the hive ship was a funny part! I don't think we've ever had an episode where the captured were the non-fighting types. At least not compared to Sheppard or Ronon I mean.

I'm glad that Beckett didn't decide to do the Wraith's research. I was figuring that he had the Hoffan drug in his system or he wouldn't have risked himself. I hated that they went to commercial during that part but I knew it was coming.

Is it just me or are they purposely placing the commercials in moments like that more than in the past?

Beckett breaking McKay out was cool. I didn't know that Beckett had that in him, I suspected since "The Kindred" but I'm glad we got to see.

My only complaint about the specific Beckett episodes is that we don't get (at least not more than a few) just regular personal moments of Beckett and Beckett-McKay interactions.

I am getting tired of the village spy who works for the enemy. I know, it's an essential part of the episodes but still I feel like it's getting old.

I liked how they mislead the village leader into giving out info that was actually false. A good way to eliminate the traitors and the Wraith at once!

Beckett and McKay both in the dart together was hillarious! I think that was why the canopy didn't form - a safety issue since both of them together took up too much space for it to form.

Smart of McKay to get them into the buffer and have a program to beam them out at the gate.

Where was Woolsey and Keller in this episode? I know they weren't contracted for all of them but for once, I actually miss them being in the episodes.

Vala,

Comment

Kudos to Alan McCullough for delivering a Great Carson episode this season!!!

All I can say it's about Time!!

Wow this episode rocked. It had so many twist and turns, and it really had a dark tone to it. Carson's performance was Superb! His character in this episode showed us why we have grown to love Carson. Well for those who like his character. I liked the action in this episode, there was a lot of activity that kept you interesting. I loved how they tied season one and the newer seasons together as well. I was expecting a B episode but with the characters, action, story, and etc this episode gets an A from me, actually an A + because Carson was excellent in this episode and I have waited for a great Carson episode. His first two were meh for me, especially Whispers.

One final note, I loved how Carson took control while on the Hive. He showed some true courage and took a chance that he had the drug from Michael. That was a great character driven moment.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                      That? Was an outstanding episode!

Character drama. Action. Brilliant performances.

Now that's the kind of episode that does Carson Beckett justice.
                      This episode had everything of a typical solid Atlantis episode. Character driven, good story not boring, and a lot of twists. It also had a very dark tone to it. A lot about human Sacrifice and betryal. Alan is trully a great writer when it comes to the twist and turn eps.
                      sigpic

Comment

All of his scenes were great. From the "doing no harm" speech, to standing up to the Wraith commander, to his humourous banter with Rodney as they evaded capture by the Wraith.

And I don't even like Carson, but I'm glad we finally got to see some great character moments from him.
                        sigpic

Comment

and once again i forget the damn scifi channle changed the time
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            This episode had everything of a typical solid Atlantis episode. Character driven, good story not boring, and a lot of twists. It also had a very dark tone to it. A lot about human Sacrifice and betryal. Alan is trully a great writer when it comes to the twist and turn eps.
                            Definitely!

I can see the strings that are tying all the episodes together this season. Sheppard's decision to sacrifice those men to save the rest of the villagers is a great lead in to Inquisition next week.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                              All of his scenes were great. From the "doing no harm" speech, to standing up to the Wraith commander, to his humourous banter with Rodney as they evaded capture by the Wraith.

And I don't even like Carson, but I'm glad we finally got to see some great character moments from him.
                              The episode even had some great funny comic relief lines!

Ronon: (After Teyla says about them stunning the other villagers)But it was Fun!

Mckay: It's not a volkswagon!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X