The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scarlett Johansson Interview

In an interview with The Daily Record, ScarJo gives some insight into her favorite parts of playing Black Widow and her hopes for reprising the role.

The biggest question that fans have is whether we will see more of the Russian super spy if future Marvel projects; particularly The Avengers:

"I hope it will happen. I don't know if that's where it's going go but she's definitely a big part of the Avengers," she said. "I think that Marvel is very much invested in these characters just as much as the fans are, just as much as I am. You want the fans to like the character, you want them to believe in the character, root for them, and want to see them again."

"So I'm hoping that if the fans support the character, that we'll see her again."
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=12838

Comment

'Hulk' director wants shot at 'Avengers'

The Incredible Hulk director Louis Leterrier has said that he'd love to helm the forthcoming Avengers film for Marvel Studios.

Speaking to MTV, Leterrier revealed that he wants to work with producer and Iron Man director John Favreau for the planned superhero project.

"I hope they don't find a director before I'm available, because I'd love to take a crack at [Avengers]," he said.

He added: "Jon Favreau would've been the best director to do this thing, but now that he's producing, I'd love to be able to work with him and continue what I started with Hulk and what he started with Iron Man and we do it together and continue that universe."

Marvel has yet to choose a director for the Avengers movie.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...-avengers.html

Comment

I think Louis should have a go, he seems great with heavy action.

Comment

Robert Downey Jr. on The Avengers and Iron Man 2!

Downey told SFX Magazine that 2012's The Avengers will be Marvel Studios main event after four years of build up that started with Iron Man in 2008, and if they're going to do it then it had better be done right.

"It's the pinnacle, but only if it's done in the smartest and best and most creatively sound way possible," he said. "And I'm not saying we can't get there. I'm just saying it would be better to get there and not stay on schedule than to get everyone what they were hoping for in terms of a release date but not do it correctly. And by correctly, I mean my way," he laughed.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=14415

Comment

Hurt: 'No Ross in upcoming Marvel films'

William Hurt has revealed that he will not be reprising his role as General Ross in any of the current Marvel films.

In an interview with MTV, the actor said that he has not been contacted by the studio with regard to portraying the character in Iron Man 2 or Thor. Ross previously appeared in 2008's The Incredible Hulk.

However, Hurt went on to say that he would be interested in appearing as the military leader again in the future. "If they call me I'll answer," he said. It is thought that the character could feature in 2012's Avengers.

Earlier this month, Iron Man 2 helmer Jon Favreau confirmed that the superhero sequel will take place before the events of Incredible Hulk, which could explain the absence of Hurt's character.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...vel-films.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              Hurt: 'No Ross in upcoming Marvel films'

William Hurt has revealed that he will not be reprising his role as General Ross in any of the current Marvel films.

In an interview with MTV, the actor said that he has not been contacted by the studio with regard to portraying the character in Iron Man 2 or Thor. Ross previously appeared in 2008's The Incredible Hulk.

However, Hurt went on to say that he would be interested in appearing as the military leader again in the future. "If they call me I'll answer," he said. It is thought that the character could feature in 2012's Avengers.

Earlier this month, Iron Man 2 helmer Jon Favreau confirmed that the superhero sequel will take place before the events of Incredible Hulk, which could explain the absence of Hurt's character.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...vel-films.html
              Well if the Hulk does appear in The Avengers then Ross should IMO.

Comment

I'd like Hurt to appear if Hulk is going to be the villain, but I don't think he'd be needed if Hulk joins up with the Avengers. I know Hulk being a good guy or bad was discussed but no idea if they've decided on it yet.

sigpic

Comment

Mark Millar On Captain America and The Avengers!

Den Of Geek recently sat down to talk to Mark Millar about Kick-Ass and during the interview asked him to share his thoughts on how he feels about the upcoming Captain America and Avengers movies being based off his and Bryan Hitch's iconic run on The Ultimates.

And speaking of your other books, this isn't about Kick-Ass, but I need to ask: were you intentionally writing Ultimates as an Avengers movie pitch? And now that they're making that movie, how would you feel if that's how it was used?

Well, they've already admitted they're doing it that way. Joe Johnston has said publically, the Captain America movie is going to be the first issue of Ultimates, plus the origin story, and then the Avengers movie will be material from Ultimates #2-#13, and maybe Ultimates Volume 2. I'm not speaking out of school, they've publically said this. And I'm flattered by it.

continues:
                  http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=15101

Is War Machine in Avengers?

IGN Movies spoke with War Machine and Blade today -- well, actually Don Cheadle and Wesley Snipes -- about their new movie Brooklyn's Finest, and while we had their ears we just had to talk superheroes.

Specifically, the topic of The Avengers came up. Cheadle, of course, plays Col. James "Rhodey" Rhodes, a.k.a. War Machine, in the upcoming Iron Man 2, and reports have indicated that he will reprise the role in the eventual Avengers team-up film. In fact, Marvel even said in its press release announcing the actor's casting in Iron Man 2 that he is also signed on for Avengers. Cheadle isn't so sure what that means, however...

We asked him directly if he'll be in the Marvel bonanza. "I don't know," responded the actor. "We'll see." He then added, "There isn't even a script yet."

So it would seem that all that talk about secondary characters like Black Widow and War Machine and Loki appearing in The Avengers may be just a bit premature, regardless of whether or not they're contractually attached.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/107/1070832p1.html

Comment

War Machine would be cool, but I miss Blade.

Comment

It had never occurred to me that with all the Marvel movies being done and things like Avengers including Iron Man, Hulk, Cap, Thor, that Blade was being neglected. I'm not sure Snipes would be interested as apparently he wasn't too happy at Hannibal and Abigail Whistler getting more attention that Blade in Trinity, but I'm sure Mr. Taxman would be enough motivation for him to consider it.

sigpic

Comment

That evil Mr. Taxman.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Avengers Screenplay Done

When we spoke to War Machine actor Don Cheadle a couple of weeks back, he told us that he didn't know if he was going to be in The Avengers movie or not -- and that in fact it didn't even have a script yet.

Well, that was then and this is now.

Marvel Comics editor-in-chief Joe Quesada has tweeted about the matter, confirming that screenwriter Zak Penn has just turned in his first draft for the film. Specifically, here's what he has to say: "Definition of 'goose bumps.' Pressing enter and watching a screenplay entitled "AVENGERS" come out of my printer."

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/107/1073848p1.html

Comment

Louis Leterrier On The Short List To Helm The Avengers

During an interview with Ain't It Cool News Louis Leterrier restated his desire to direct The Avengers for Marvel.

"I am on the shortlist, but I'm at the bottom of the shortlist, I'm sure. (Laughs) I don't know who the other guys are, but I have a great relationship with [Marvel], and I've been very vocal to them and everyone else that I am the one to direct it. I loved my time at Marvel. I loved those guys. They're fantastic. Kevin is such a passionate boss; he gets his hands dirty. It's a universe I want to keep exploring. I was frustrated with [THE INCREDIBLE HULK]. It was like, "That's it? Only one superhero? Can I do more???" We'll see. Time will tell."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=16097

Comment

When I just read "New Avengers Movie" all I could think was of Emma Peel and John Steed. I wouldn't mind if they would make a GOOD new film with those two but mack to MARVEL'S Avengers. I couldn't care less for Captain America. For me he was simply the Marvel answer to DCs boyscout aka Superman. Boooring. Thor might be more interesting but I am also looking more forward to the second Iron Man film and yes it might have something to do with RDJ ;-)
                              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Exclusive: Leterrier Talks Avengers

IGN Movies sat down with director Louis Leterrier over the weekend at the press day for his new film, Clash of the Titans, during which time we asked him about the buzz that he's a contender to direct The Avengers. Leterrier is no stranger to Marvel movies, having previously directed The Incredible Hulk for them in 2008. Here's what he had to say:

continues:
                                http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/107/1078988p1.html

Comment

Working...
                                X