Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345 67815 ... LastLast

Thread: The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Default Re: The Avengers Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    Hurt: 'No Ross in upcoming Marvel films'

William Hurt has revealed that he will not be reprising his role as General Ross in any of the current Marvel films.

In an interview with MTV, the actor said that he has not been contacted by the studio with regard to portraying the character in Iron Man 2 or Thor. Ross previously appeared in 2008's The Incredible Hulk.

However, Hurt went on to say that he would be interested in appearing as the military leader again in the future. "If they call me I'll answer," he said. It is thought that the character could feature in 2012's Avengers.

Earlier this month, Iron Man 2 helmer Jon Favreau confirmed that the superhero sequel will take place before the events of Incredible Hulk, which could explain the absence of Hurt's character.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...vel-films.html
    Well if the Hulk does appear in The Avengers then Ross should IMO.

I'd like Hurt to appear if Hulk is going to be the villain, but I don't think he'd be needed if Hulk joins up with the Avengers. I know Hulk being a good guy or bad was discussed but no idea if they've decided on it yet.

Mighty Avenger - Moderator Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward

Mark Millar On Captain America and The Avengers!

Den Of Geek recently sat down to talk to Mark Millar about Kick-Ass and during the interview asked him to share his thoughts on how he feels about the upcoming Captain America and Avengers movies being based off his and Bryan Hitch's iconic run on The Ultimates.

And speaking of your other books, this isn't about Kick-Ass, but I need to ask: were you intentionally writing Ultimates as an Avengers movie pitch? And now that they're making that movie, how would you feel if that's how it was used?

Well, they've already admitted they're doing it that way. Joe Johnston has said publically, the Captain America movie is going to be the first issue of Ultimates, plus the origin story, and then the Avengers movie will be material from Ultimates #2-#13, and maybe Ultimates Volume 2. I'm not speaking out of school, they've publically said this. And I'm flattered by it.

continues:
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=15101

Is War Machine in Avengers?

IGN Movies spoke with War Machine and Blade today -- well, actually Don Cheadle and Wesley Snipes -- about their new movie Brooklyn's Finest, and while we had their ears we just had to talk superheroes.

Specifically, the topic of The Avengers came up. Cheadle, of course, plays Col. James "Rhodey" Rhodes, a.k.a. War Machine, in the upcoming Iron Man 2, and reports have indicated that he will reprise the role in the eventual Avengers team-up film. In fact, Marvel even said in its press release announcing the actor's casting in Iron Man 2 that he is also signed on for Avengers. Cheadle isn't so sure what that means, however...

We asked him directly if he'll be in the Marvel bonanza. "I don't know," responded the actor. "We'll see." He then added, "There isn't even a script yet."

So it would seem that all that talk about secondary characters like Black Widow and War Machine and Loki appearing in The Avengers may be just a bit premature, regardless of whether or not they're contractually attached.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/107/1070832p1.html

War Machine would be cool, but I miss Blade.

It had never occurred to me that with all the Marvel movies being done and things like Avengers including Iron Man, Hulk, Cap, Thor, that Blade was being neglected. I'm not sure Snipes would be interested as apparently he wasn't too happy at Hannibal and Abigail Whistler getting more attention that Blade in Trinity, but I'm sure Mr. Taxman would be enough motivation for him to consider it.

That evil Mr. Taxman.

Avengers Screenplay Done

When we spoke to War Machine actor Don Cheadle a couple of weeks back, he told us that he didn't know if he was going to be in The Avengers movie or not -- and that in fact it didn't even have a script yet.

Well, that was then and this is now.

Marvel Comics editor-in-chief Joe Quesada has tweeted about the matter, confirming that screenwriter Zak Penn has just turned in his first draft for the film. Specifically, here's what he has to say: "Definition of 'goose bumps.' Pressing enter and watching a screenplay entitled "AVENGERS" come out of my printer."

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/107/1073848p1.html

Louis Leterrier On The Short List To Helm The Avengers

During an interview with Ain't It Cool News Louis Leterrier restated his desire to direct The Avengers for Marvel.

"I am on the shortlist, but I'm at the bottom of the shortlist, I'm sure. (Laughs) I don't know who the other guys are, but I have a great relationship with [Marvel], and I've been very vocal to them and everyone else that I am the one to direct it. I loved my time at Marvel. I loved those guys. They're fantastic. Kevin is such a passionate boss; he gets his hands dirty. It's a universe I want to keep exploring. I was frustrated with [THE INCREDIBLE HULK]. It was like, "That's it? Only one superhero? Can I do more???" We'll see. Time will tell."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=16097

Default Re: Downey Jr attached to 'Avengers'

When I just read "New Avengers Movie" all I could think was of Emma Peel and John Steed. I wouldn't mind if they would make a GOOD new film with those two but mack to MARVEL'S Avengers. I couldn't care less for Captain America. For me he was simply the Marvel answer to DCs boyscout aka Superman. Boooring. Thor might be more interesting but I am also looking more forward to the second Iron Man film and yes it might have something to do with RDJ ;-)
    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
    And he's wonderful.

Exclusive: Leterrier Talks Avengers

IGN Movies sat down with director Louis Leterrier over the weekend at the press day for his new film, Clash of the Titans, during which time we asked him about the buzz that he's a contender to direct The Avengers. Leterrier is no stranger to Marvel movies, having previously directed The Incredible Hulk for them in 2008. Here's what he had to say:

continues:
    http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/107/1078988p1.html

I honestly want Louis to direct Avengers, after doing Hulk and Clash I think he can do something as big as The Avengers.

After doing Hulk, I wouldn't want him to do it. It's like I have said before, Incredible Hulk just seemed like a dumbed down, actioned up version of Hulk (although to be fair, the Hulk ending was like WTF? with me) but I've seen some trailers for Clash of the Titans, it looks interesting and something I may end up seeing so I'm going to hold off judgement on him doing Avengers until I do catch Titans.

Yeah if Clash of the Titans is good then I will fully support him to direct, I really hope it isn't a CGI action fest. I though The Incredible Hulk was an excellent comic book adaptation, maybe my favorite. But as a movie it did have some flaws I suppose.

I, for one, hope it IS a CGI action-fest. Some comic book movies have the seriousness of The Dark Knight and it works well in a grim and gritty fashion. Others demand a high level of action; and some that demand said action and lack it to make room for 'characterization' end up like Superman Returns.
    My concern is that, with all these big name actors in it demanding their time to shine, there won't be much room for the necessary action that follows having Thor and Iron Man et al in the same movie. Remember Halle Berry complaining about her 'lack' of screen time in the X-Movies?
    This movie will have to be impressive in juggling the ego of each and every big name actor involved as well as keeping the action spectacular and, hopefully, frequent. I don't think it's impossible, but we'll see.

Yeah they are definitely going to have to find a delicate balance between all of the characters and the action/plot. This movie definitely has potential to be absolutely incredible, but it also has the potential of being a complete disaster. Let's hope for the former.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I, for one, hope it IS a CGI action-fest. Some comic book movies have the seriousness of The Dark Knight and it works well in a grim and gritty fashion. Others demand a high level of action; and some that demand said action and lack it to make room for 'characterization' end up like Superman Returns.
    My concern is that, with all these big name actors in it demanding their time to shine, there won't be much room for the necessary action that follows having Thor and Iron Man et al in the same movie. Remember Halle Berry complaining about her 'lack' of screen time in the X-Movies?
    This movie will have to be impressive in juggling the ego of each and every big name actor involved as well as keeping the action spectacular and, hopefully, frequent. I don't think it's impossible, but we'll see.
    I'd have no sympathy for Halle if she had complain Hugh Jackman was getting too much screen time. She wasn't the only one underused. I think that if you added up all of the time Cyclops was on screen in X1, you'd get about the same amount of time of his role in X3.

I just hope they get any other oscar winners in these movies, not worth the complaining.

VIDEO: Edward Norton and Tim Blake Nelson on Avengers ...and More!

Questions asked regarding the Avengers during a sit down with actor Edward Norton, along with director and co-star Tim Blake Nelson, for their new film LEAVES OF GRASS

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=16352

IESB Exclusive: Leading Contender in Line to Direct THE AVENGERS... !!!NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE!!!

THE AVENGERS will be the culmination of everything Marvel Entertainment has been working towards, bringing together their biggest and brightest superheroes on the big screen including Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Hulk.

Director Louis Leterrier has thrown his hat into the ring as wanting to bring Earth's mightiest heroes together under one tentpole but we are hearing it will not be his cross to bear. Leterrier mentioned a short list of directors recently that Marvel was looking at, he didn't know who else was on the list but IESB has found out one other member.

The same sources that spilled the beans to IESB about Spider-Man 4 being put on an indefinite hold back in December, have revealed that another leading contender on that short list to direct THE AVENGERS film is none other than Joss Whedon.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...ures&Itemid=73

They may say that this aint a april fools, but we'll see!

The would be cool. Serenity was great so, I think he could pull off the Avengers if this turns out legit.

I would like Joss Whedon, but I'm going to wait and see if it is a joke or not.