McKays/David's greatest acting..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McKays/David's greatest acting..

In MHO this is his greateast acting since 'Dogs Breakfast', iv lost family through 'dementia' and this a great bit of acting.. by all the cast actually not jus Davids.. so why do people hate his acting so much.. his acting is brilliant?

'Dementia' is in ' because i think the spelling is wrong..

A great emotional episode that got to me..

Do people hate David's acting? I must not frequent threads that discuss that.

I think David is a pheneominal actor.

Rodney is a very polarizing character, you tend to either hate him or you love him (yes I understand there are a few who are indifferent to the character) and David does a fantastic job with bringing Rodney to life on the screen. If he didn't people wouldn't be having such strong feelings about the character. David's acting connects to the audience, if there was no connection, people wouldn't get so upset when Rodney is a jerk, or want to protect him when he is hurt.

David was wonderful in the Shrine. His emotions (and lack of) were all over the place.

I had the chance to see The Shine at the Chicago convention last August, we saw a cut without the music - music tends to add alot of emotion to the scenes. Without the music, David's acting still brought through what Rodney was going through and made a connection to the audience.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

DH is indeed a great actor. I don't like the character sometimes, but that's testament to the writers' incompetence, and strangely enough, DH's ability to bring that to life.
      Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
      http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

David is a phenominal actor! Phenominal!

Duet
        McKay and Mrs Miller
        Miller's Crossing
        Tao of McKay
        Trio
        The Shrine

He did an amazing job in these eps!
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

Just watched this for the first time. That was absolutely INCREDIBLE acting. I don't know who bashes DH, but in my opinion, he's a phenomenal actor who is just able to bring his characters to life exceptionally well.
          Kate

Comment

I love David Hewlett's acting. He can do so much with Rodney's character. In one episode you might want to punch him in the face, but ten minutes later you are shedding tears for him. I've never been disappointed with his acting and I thought The Shrine was AMAZING! Anyone who can make you cry over a character in a tv show is an amazing actor, in my opinion.
            thankee toasteronfire

Comment

David was just amazing in this episode!

Sheppard: See? Things are looking up.

Comment

I do applaud David Hewlett for his marvelous acting skills. He really does shine in this episode. The one scene that really got to me was where Jeannie was with Rodney in that room. And....she was getting all emotional seeing her brother going through dementia. I also applaud Kate also in her performance. She was just amazing. And....can understand difficult it is to witness someone go down from dementia/alzheimer's. I'm a certified home health aide....and I've witnesses myself residents go downhill. It's just so sad and devastating to witness. I know I teared many times during that episode. David was so convincing and believable. He just blew me away.

And....who can forget the scene with John and Rodney on the pier. Well....first of all when Rodney ran to John's room yelling for John....that's when I started to tear up. I just thought that it was so moving and touching that he would run to John. And....for John to want to hangout with Rodney was just so sweet and moving. John is such a good friend to Rodney to do that for him. I see them as brothers. And....when John refused to say goodbye (my eyes were drenched with tears by then)....I could've sworn that John got choked-up a little. That was like the best scene EVER!
                sigpic
                Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post

And....who can forget the scene with John and Rodney on the pier. Well....first of all when Rodney ran to John's room yelling for John....that's when I started to tear up. I just thought that it was so moving and touching that he would run to John. And....for John to want to hangout with Rodney was just so sweet and moving. John is such a good friend to Rodney to do that for him. I see them as brothers. And....when John refused to say goodbye (my eyes were drenched with tears by then)....I could've sworn that John got choked-up a little. That was like the best scene EVER!
                  now of course he'd run for keller.. oh there goes my inner cynic again

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Heis a fantastic actor.....the way he played the scenes when he was 'far gone' were entirely convincing.

I wonder if he actually visited people with mental health/mental disabillites to study?

Comment

Originally posted by Treadders View Post
                      Heis a fantastic actor.....the way he played the scenes when he was 'far gone' were entirely convincing.

I wonder if he actually visited people with mental health/mental disabillites to study?
                      Agreed, playing someone who is mentally disabled is a tricky thing at best and a poor acting job can end up ridiculous and laughable. DH did such an amazing job in this ep and I think he is probably one of the strongest actors in the SGA cast

Comment

David did a great job this episode, I couldn't help but feel sad and scared for him when you hear him screaming for John, right before they enjoy a cold on on the docks
                        sigpic

Comment

"the hive" episode
                          R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Working...
                          X