Attero device side effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attero device side effect

I was thinking earlier. Since we already know it's possible to dial all gates in a network simultaneously - then why didn't the Ancients/Janus think of that? He could've devised a way of paralyzing the entire network simultaneously long enough for the Attero device to run its course.

If not shutting them all down at once, then at the very least an "Avenger 2.0" method of shutting them all down by one gate passing on information to another. Once it was down, Janus could've activated the Attero device and the Wraith would've been dead or severely crippled within a matter of weeks, in which time, nobody would've been able to dial any gates meaning no energy build-up.

I'm sure there could've been work-arounds that Janus could've thought of, even the Asgard - hell, if Woolsey hadn't ordered the facility's destruction I'm sure McKay could have figured something out.

What do you think?
    "You wanna run this ship?"
    "YES!"
    "W.. well, you can't."

I think the Wraith would be smart enough to restart the gate system. They were able to sneak aboard the Intergalatic bridge.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Plus, Janus was working on the device in secret; it's possible he didn't have access to the power required to dial every stargate in the galaxy?

(Yes, I know "Reckoning" never showed any extra power being necessary, but come on: you don't establish wormholes to thousands of stargates without some kind of power boost!)
      Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

That extra power boost probabily came from the Dakara device.

Comment

I don't think it's the last we have heard of it though, where ever it got it's power from it left Daniel Jackson AGAIN! in a hospital bed at some point in the episode....who's counting..what is this..the 9th time!?
          sigpic
          In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

Working...
          X