Thread: Jessica Steen as Dr. Weir

Staff Sergeant

Default Jessica Steen as Dr. Weir

Does anybody know why Jessica Steen was not cast in Stargate Atlantis? I wish they could have at least dyed Torri Higginson's hair to make her look like Jessica Steen, frankly I don't like how the producers hire new actors to be the same character when they look nothing alike. I wish they just renamed the character because it is pretty annoying.

Chief Master Sergeant

Default Re: Jessica Steen as Dr. Weir

i know what you mean

Somtimes they have no choice to do otherwise. However Jessica didnt want to do a regular tv series, simple as that. They mentioned in an episode of atlantis that Dr Weir went through a blonde stage lol.

There are a lot of discussions about this already, if you use the search function you should find them all.

Chief Master Sergeant blitzsnake's Avatar

no! Torri was superior.

Probie

No torri did a good job. And we are used to here filling that character.
    And will never know how well or not she would fill in that role.
    Only things I know she got nice legs, and is blond.

Asuming it's the blond acress introduce in SG1 as civilian commander off SGC.

Q: Jessica played the character of Dr. Elizabeth Weir in the season 7 finale' of Stargate SG-1. Why did they hire another actress to play that same character in the spinoff series Stargate: Atlantis?
    A: We don't know why. When Jessica was hired for the 2 part Season 7 finale' (Lost City) she was told that her character might be in a possible Stargate spinoff series. Jessica was even paid not to take any other work until it was decided if they were going to do the spinoff. Stargate:Atlantis was eventually given the green light, but for whatever reason, "the powers that be" decided to go with another actress.

http://www.jessicasteen.com/jsp_faq.html

Actually its kind of a shame that she didn't take the role. I thought she did a really good job as Dr. Julia Heller on the show Earth 2, from back in the day. Although TH did a great job, I wish they would not switch up the characters that are complete opposites physically, I thought they also portrayed the character differently in each case. But then again, the original O'Neil was a different person literally, and RDA did a sweet job as a lighter side O'Neill. I'm sure that TPTB wanted Steen for the role, but for whatever reason, she didn't go forward.
    Gator

You're not the usual delivery boy..

"I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"

Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by blitzsnake View Post
    no! Torri was superior.
    That depends on who you ask. You say she was superior...I say she was inferior...

Oh well, I liked Jessica Steen as Dr. Weir, but I also like Torri Higginson as Dr. Weir, in my opinion I don't regret that TPTB hired Torri. I really liked her, and I also think Torri would have look really bad as a blond hehe. As far as I know she did a great job in Atlantis. Its a shame she left but anyways, she did great nonetheless. Even friends of mine that didn't know anything about Stargate liked her character so...yeah...she was good hehe. Both were. So I can't take any sides here.
    Stargate Universe's main villain...THE DEVOURER OF WORLDS himself!...sure!

I also prefer brunette Weir. Blonde Weir was a walking cliche, imo. Brunette Weir, on the other hand, was a multilayered character. Unfortunately, Stargate writers can't handle such characters very well.

That said, I think it would have made more sense if brunette Weir had been introduced as a new character. There was no need to move a character who appeared in only two SG-1 episodes to Atlantis with a different actress no less.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

i think the question has been asked and answered...and i'm in no mood for another 'jessica vs torri' thread