Todd's future on the show???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todd's future on the show???

I always liked when Todd cooperated with the Atlantis team on every mission. And on these last 2 episodes "first contact" & "the lost tribe", i was a little dissapointed when Todd became the enemy. And my question is. What will happen to Todd now? Will he return to the show, and if he does will he return as an enemy of the atlantis expedition or will they make up some kind of story that they forgive his agressive actions towards the atlantis team. I think episodes with Todd are great, and it would be great if he returns to the show as a friend to Atlantis.

Todd only became an 'enemy' out of necessity - in reality, he was more of a hero than a bad guy. He was racing to save the galaxy - primarily the Wraith in his alliance, but also humans who would be killed by the exploding gates. He acted out of desperation, and I believe the Lanteans will understand. He seems to have an upcoming role in Infection,
    Spoiler:
    where he cooperates with Keller,
    so I'm not too worried - yet. He IS a great character, really the best developed character in the show, and he adds so much excitement to every episode he's in it would be a shame to change his relationship with the Lanteans. Also, Joe Mallozzi (casting spoiler for the movie and series finale):
    Spoiler:
    hinted that Todd may be in the movie...this gives me hope. Of course, that is NOT written in stone, and we still don't know what the series finale holds for Todd, which he also appears in, according to pictures Mallozzi posted on his blog.

das
    sigpic

Comment

He's an enemy, so he'll probably die at some point, probably in the movie(s).

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Fortunately, it seems the writers, at least Joe Mallozzi, don't feel that way, although "whiny, narrow-minded" people like Sheppard might take it badly.
        My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
        Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
        sigpic

Comment

It would be interesting to see how they regard each other now. Even though this was the first time they really came up on opposite sides of a conflict, our good friend Todd came across as honorably looking out for his people while doing so. I figure they may conceivably remain on and off again allies later. It does make him more interesting after this, to hammer home the point he isn't their friend, but he isn't an enemy. What is he?
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            It would be interesting to see how they regard each other now. Even though this was the first time they really came up on opposite sides of a conflict, our good friend Todd came across as honorably looking out for his people while doing so. I figure they may conceivably remain on and off again allies later. It does make him more interesting after this, to hammer home the point he isn't their friend, but he isn't an enemy. What is he?
            A sharp-dressed man? 'Cause, ya know...every girl's crazy 'bout 'im...

In all seriousness - he is what he SHOULD be. This is exactly how I love Todd, right in the middle. He's an individual looking out for himself, and those with him. He can't be friends with humans because he needs to eat them, but he won't purposely attack those he has grown to respect, at least, not while there are others to keep him well-fed.

It makes Todd, and the Wraith attached to him, much more interesting than both the humans and the other Wraith who still remain one-dimensional. You want to root for them because - in their own buggy way - they are at least trying to find a different course in life. But at the same time, you know they can't fully be trusted because they are driven by a nature we just don't fully understand - a nature that may not change even if they find a new food source. They are Wraith - who knows what that fully means to them.

I look at Todd as the pot-stirrer. The guy who shakes things up because you don't know exactly what he's up to, what he's going to do...what is ultimate goal is. He's like Captain Jack Sparrow, Dirty Harry and James Bond, all rolled into one!

das
            sigpic

Comment

I don't think Todd ever stopped being an enemy. Let's not forget that he is still a Wraith, and the Wraith are our enemies. I see Todd's role similar to the role Yu and Ba'al had in SG-1, in that they were both power-hungry leaders who at the same time allied with Earth when it suited their interests. Also, the Atlantis expedition had reason to suspect Todd had leaked intelligence of the Intergalactic Gate Bridge and how to hack it to another Wraith, but we still worked with Todd in season 5. Hacking the gate bridge is *almost* as bad as stealing the Daedalus, so I think the expedition will definitely work with Todd again. Hopefully, after the gate bridge and Daedalus incidents, they will finally be a little more cautious and actually search Todd for devices next time he boards one of our ships or enters Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                I would cry. I'm sure it would be emotional for a lot of people. Todd reminds of my old pet toad. lol. (Random thought)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Todd believed the humans were responsible for using the Aterro device. He had every reason to take over the Daedalus. Once he found out that we might not be the bad guys, he did what he had to to destroy the device to preserve his race as well as their food supply. He's acting consistently.
                  Hopefully, he'll now have a massive technological edge on other Wraith hives, and be a much worthier enemy for us in terms of ship-to-ship combat.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Probably todds fate is a head on a stake in woosly's office.

Comment

Todd has pissed off Atlantis royally. I'd say what Todd is going to have to do, but I think its against forum rules.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

If you think Todd 'pissed off' Atlantis, then you haven't seen what I have seen...

Ronon shot everything, therefore there was only one thing Todd could do.

Sheppard isn't dumb. He knows he would have acted like him, where the roles reversed.

It just means that each of them act in the best interest of their species, and that's exactly what both of them need to be doing.

You can work with Todd just fine, if only you realize he saves his own ass, and that of the Wraith.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                          If you think Todd 'pissed off' Atlantis, then you haven't seen what I have seen...

Ronon shot everything, therefore there was only one thing Todd could do.

Sheppard isn't dumb. He knows he would have acted like him, where the roles reversed.

It just means that each of them act in the best interest of their species, and that's exactly what both of them need to be doing.

You can work with Todd just fine, if only you realize he saves his own ass, and that of the Wraith.
                          Even though he was acting on behalf of the galaxy he still took over a multi billion dollar space craft, stunned the crew, threated to feed on the commander of the atlantis expedtion, and set the ship to ram the planet with the crew in it.

I would say that all trust is out the window and everyone is pretty pissed. So the warmest greeting he can expect is a cavity search then a well placed bullet or a whole clip.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                            Even though he was acting on behalf of the galaxy he still took over a multi billion dollar space craft, stunned the crew, threated to feed on the commander of the atlantis expedtion, and set the ship to ram the planet with the crew in it.

I would say that all trust is out the window and everyone is pretty pissed. So the warmest greeting he can expect is a cavity search then a well placed bullet or a whole clip.
                            Spoiler:
                            just as the team did with todd's hive in "spoils of war" to destroy the cloning facility that posed a threat?

if all trust was lost, I doubt there would be cooperation in an upcoming episode. todd acted out of necessity, and in the end, it benefited both himself and atlantis/pegasus.
                            Last edited by naamiaiset; 13 October 2008, 04:02 PM.

Comment

The reason that he was forced ram the ship into the planet was because Ronon took out the weapons. Granted that was a logical thing to do form Ronon's perspective, but it forced Todd and his forces to improvise a less desirable solution.
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                              X