Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Universe - MGM Stargate: Video: Brad Wright on the State of Universe

At MGM Stargate:

Video: Brad Wright on the State of Universe

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Thanks.

He hasn't said any new information. The SG franchise will continue with the SG-1 movie, the Atlantis movie, the Universe series and the Worlds game. That is all.

I hope they won't replace the logo to the Continuum's font.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Very cool. While it doesn't say a whole lot new, he is a guy that gives you confidence (or at least me confidence) that the franchise is going strong.

Comment

saw this earlier, nothin new really but hey better than nothin i guess

Comment

Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by General Yogi Bear View Post
            Thanks for posting.
            You're very welcome, Yogi!

Say hi to Boo-Boo for me.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

he says tht the stargate franchise is at a strong position with everything going. I would disagree, i would of said back when the popularity of sg1 around season 7 - and the strt of atlantis. at the moment sga is coming to an end and so far theres quite a lot of hatred towards universe ( cant blame the fans) the game will have major competition from star trek online. same style of game and same sort popularity i would say. they will never compete on the same level as CnC, WoW. Just because ppl even in the gaming business like to diss sci fi games tht follow tv / movie franchise.
              cant wait for the atlantis movie, i just hope its better than the sg1 movies. I ddnt feel they were anything special - ive seen two parters better than those movies but if i had to pick ark of truth was better - had more of a logical story to it rather than a time travel story which done right i would of enjoyed like the rest of sg1 time travel stories.
              and breath lol

Comment

Here is the thing, I don't care about the Franchise I cared about the one series, Atlantis.

I am with you chewie, I like Ark better too. As far as Atlantis movies, I am pretty sure I will like anything just because it is Atlantis and I love the characters so much. Isn't that why people watch shows in the first place, they like the concept and characters not the FRANCHISE?

Comment

I think a lot of the continued success lies too much in the hands of Universe. If I had my say I wouldn't have risked so much by canceling an established show such as SGA before SGU was properly set up with 2 or 3 strong seasons along with SGA still continuing. I liked how this played out with SG-1 and SGA. SGA was able to get going before SG-1 ended. In my own opinion, I felt things were all good and stronger in the franchise when we had SG-1 movies being made, SGA series continuing, Stargate Worlds on its way, and The SGU concept growing stronger.
                  As soon as TPTB pulled the plug prematurely on SGA, s%^t hit the FAN, or should I say FANS! I know it is a lot of work to maintain 2 series at once, but hey, that is what comes with the responsibility of a power house such as Stargate. I just hope Stargate can be revived from this tremendous blow to the gut, and continue to move on...only time will tell, eh?
                  Gator

You're not the usual delivery boy..

"I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"

Comment

Youtube version

Comment

Originally posted by lindagagne View Post
                      Here is the thing, I don't care about the Franchise I cared about the one series, Atlantis.
                      I am with you chewie, I like Ark better too. As far as Atlantis movies, I am pretty sure I will like anything just because it is Atlantis and I love the characters so much. Isn't that why people watch shows in the first place, they like the concept and characters not the FRANCHISE?
                      i liked Ark of Truth better too. So did my sister and my mom.

that's the thing with me. I LOVE ATLANTIS!! i just can't put my feelings for the show into words. It's the thing i look forward to on friday nights. I love the characters more than anything. They just seem so real, and saying goodbye to them is like saying goodbye to your best friend. Just the whole descision to cancel Atlantis left me feeling betrayed, upset, and angry. I'm not going to watch universe just because it'll make me sick to watch it. I'll be watching it knowing that atlantis got cancelled for it. The reason that the franchise is sooo huge is because of the FANS and then TPTB just go and betray the fans like they mean nothing. the reason that they're making money is because i have all 10 seasons of sg-1, and all four seasons of atlantis on dvd, plus the 2 sg-1 movies, and the A LOT merchandise.

*rant over*
                      thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by lindagagne View Post

I'm with you! I watch the show for the Characters, not the Franchise. I love watching SGA, I don't watch SG1 and I won't be watching SGU. I love the actors on SGA, it won't be the same with SGU. I like watching Sheppard and McKay and they won't be in it, so no reason to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie2020 View Post
                          he says tht the stargate franchise is at a strong position with everything going. I would disagree, i would of said back when the popularity of sg1 around season 7 - and the strt of atlantis. at the moment sga is coming to an end and so far theres quite a lot of hatred towards universe ( cant blame the fans) the game will have major competition from star trek online. same style of game and same sort popularity i would say. they will never compete on the same level as CnC, WoW. Just because ppl even in the gaming business like to diss sci fi games tht follow tv / movie franchise.
                          cant wait for the atlantis movie, i just hope its better than the sg1 movies. I ddnt feel they were anything special - ive seen two parters better than those movies but if i had to pick ark of truth was better - had more of a logical story to it rather than a time travel story which done right i would of enjoyed like the rest of sg1 time travel stories.
                          and breath lol

LOL...
                          Yes your right most tv franchise games do fail and are horrible, but your not thinking bout one thing, most games created off of tv sows franchises are thrown together in a few months and only last a year or too. Stargate Worlds has been in the works for at least five years. 3 Years ago someone else owned the rights and it was called Stargate: The Alliance. STORY:

This is Straight from gateworld.
                          Stargate SG-1: The Alliance is an action-adventure-puzzle game now in development for the PC, Xbox, and PlayStation 2. Originally scheduled for a fourth quarter 2005 release, the game has been cancelled due to a falling out and legal dispute between Australian developer Perception (who originally secured the Stargate license from MGM) and Austrian game publisher JoWooD. The publisher accused the developer of failing to meet its quality standards, and licensor MGM has yet to show any signs of ever releasing the game.

This was moved to firesky and cheyenne mountain entertainment and renamed to stargate worlds and been pulled back to redesign.
                          Star Trek Online has only been in the works for a couple years if that.
                          And Star Trek is DEAD even the show. Stargate has been cancelled twice now and is still going strong. I think Stargate is the new star trek whether or not stargate will surpass episode count is anyones guess.

Jor El
                          Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            Thanks for posting this, as I couldn't watch the MGM version.

Is this the same version? It seems edited. I wonder because he didn't give details about SGU, instead he talks about the whole franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by LostCityGuardian View Post
                              Very cool. While it doesn't say a whole lot new, he is a guy that gives you confidence (or at least me confidence) that the franchise is going strong.
                              Nah, he's just doing spin for the show, nothing more. The 'interview' didn't give any real information. My god, it's like watching Bush talking about Wall Street melting down

Comment

Working...
                              X