Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis censored again

Spoiler:

I don't know if anyone noticed but when baldy confronted teyla and attacked her
    and todd stuns him it cuts to him kneeling on the floor meaning one of 2 things happened:

Baldy had his throat slit or he was decapitated.

I'm getting sick of atlantis being censored for its violence and swearing when other tv shows eastenders for example get away with people being buried alive

Doppleganger's first airing was censored although i didn't know it until i saw it on dvd
    the bug bursting out of teyla and sheppard swearing was cut.

i'm not sure but i think the first airing of whispers was cut as well when that guy reached out with his hand it suddenly cut back to him
    whether or not this was a part of the episode or it was censored for some gory content is unclear.

the repeats are becoming censored as well

Renuion throat slashing and stabbing was cut

Before i sleep when sheppard swore the screen went black for a second

If you must know Todd snapped his neck.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Where do you live? Never head of that before.

*confused*

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill View Post
        Spoiler:
        I don't know if anyone noticed but when baldy confronted teyla and attacked her and todd stuns him it cuts to him kneeling on the floor meaning one of 2 things happened:
        Baldy had his throat slit or he was decapitated.
        Doesn't Todd simply twist Baldy's neck to break it? It's how I understood the scene.

Edit: Aww, too slow to read and reply, Falcon Horus was faster.
        My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
        Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

*confused*
          Ireland aka censorship central read the history of the irish film classification office (formerly the irish film censors office) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Film_Censor's_Office i would like to use ronon's gun on the morons at sky one

the repeat of midway was censored as well rodney swearing and ronon ramming that pipe through the wraith feeding on teal'c got cut

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          If you must know Todd snapped his neck.
          I thought baldy had been decapitated because he had a sword todd could have taken it from him and chopped his head off

Comment

Man....I hate when networks do that. Sometimes your just better off buying the DVDs. I don't think Sci-Fi cuts or censors Atlantis or SG1. I think the only time Sci-Fi had to censor was of course the SG1 pilot (you know....whole thing about you can't show nudity thing. ) And....Within The Serpant's Grasp when Jack says BS (the full thing).....because you can't say s*** on network TV.
            sigpic
            Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill View Post
              I thought baldy had been decapitated because he had a sword todd could have taken it from him and chopped his head off
              His head is still firmly attached to his body. Todd shot him with a stunner and then grabs his head and snaps his neck. No blood or gore anywhere in sight. And I have watched the SciFi HD version.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Holy wow; that's pretty strict censorship. All of that stuff cut -- more than a little excessive.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
                  Man....I hate when networks do that. Sometimes your just better off buying the DVDs. I don't think Sci-Fi cuts or censors Atlantis or SG1. I think the only time Sci-Fi had to censor was of course the SG1 pilot (you know....whole thing about you can't show nudity thing. ) And....Within The Serpant's Grasp when Jack says BS (the full thing).....because you can't say s*** on network TV.
                  and so much of what network tv is today could be adequately described by using the banned word!

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
                    I never new about the nudity thing until i saw a clip from cotg of sha're calling for daniel on a stargate dvd special feature Secret Files Of The SGC
                    Aliens Friend & Foe and the pics on www.stargatecaps.com

neither did i know about jack saying bs until i saw a 2am repeat of that episode the repeat of the first episode of season 5 was cut as well jack saying p****d was cut.

A few episodes in season 6 of sg-1 got cut mainly for swearing
                    all of them repeats
                    the other guys when jack called herak a b*****d
                    the cure jack again saying p****d
                    full circle jack saying son of a b***h

season 8
                    zero hour repeat carter saying P****d was cut

season 9
                    prototype repeat the scene where daniel and cam killed calek all that got cut there was calek falling off the ramp after being shot what a stupid thing to cut him hitting the floor

season 10
                    the first time uninvited was on it got censored for close-ups of dead bodies savaged by the creature general landry swearing was left intact

the repeat of talion got censored as well teal'c impaling arkad was cut

sky one will probably censor the repeat of continuum if they repeat it daniel said oh s**t and who could make this s**t up

sky one censoring sg-1 didn't kick off until after enemies aired jack said p****d in that episode.

Comment

I wish my local TV would censor SGA...that would mean SGA aired here..
                      So I'm stuck with the DVDs...

Nudity and swearing wouldn't be a problem, though, even on prime time. We're just not that sensitive, for lack of a better word.
                      sigpic
                      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                        I wish my local TV would censor SGA...that would mean SGA aired here..
                        So I'm stuck with the DVDs...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

*confused*
                          I live in Scotland and I know DG got censored..They took the bug thing bursting out of Teyla's stomach out because it was before the 9pm watershed...Not sure about the other things though..Can't say I really noticed
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            I live in Scotland and I know DG got censored..They took the bug thing bursting out of Teyla's stomach out because it was before the 9pm watershed...Not sure about the other things though..Can't say I really noticed
                            Sky One censors quite a few bits, and it drives me nuts! They even cut out Sheppard saying 'Son of a ......' I ask you, we get Eastenders using profanties beyond belief, and they cut out that?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                              Sky One censors quite a few bits, and it drives me nuts! They even cut out Sheppard saying 'Son of a ......' I ask you, we get Eastenders using profanties beyond belief, and they cut out that?
                              Yeah it sucks big time I mean that was the best part of DG with the bug bursting out like that a la Alien style....I think I wrote a complaint to Sky about it at the time!

Oh but I did notice that the repeat they put on the next day or day after, can't remember...It did have that scene back in it because it was after the 9pm watershed!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X