Henry Foss/Ryan Robbins Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mamageek View Post
    Hmm...I love Henry Also Ryan...I had the opportunity to meet him at a con a couple of weeks ago and he is an absolute sweetheart!

Oh, and I come bearing a gift...the quality isn't great since I was in the cheap seats and don't have the greatest camera, but I loooove his smile!

ETA: At least I thought I would come bearing a gift. For some reason, no matter how many times I resize and upload to photobucket, and make sure it's small enough, it still shows up HUGE on the forum. Thoughts?
    I use the thumbnail that photo bucket creates - it's the same URL as the picture, just with a th_ at the beginning of the file name. Then I link the thumbnail to the larger picture. Here is the code I used in my post:

[URL="http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u107/geekysam/art/henrydrawingsm.jpg"][IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u107/geekysam/art/th_henrydrawingsm.jpg[/ IMG][/ URL]

Just use your URL's and remove the spaces in the /IMG and /URL closing tags.

And thank you everyone for the kind words about my drawing

Comment

I was watching S3 of Battlestar Galactica a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised to discover that our dear Mr. Robbins is in it. I heard his voice before I saw him and I was like, "Wait, is that RyRo? It IS!!!" I had no idea he was in it, it was nice to see him in another role (even if his hair did look a little funny).
      Last edited by Elorendil; 06 January 2012, 06:37 PM.
      Signature by Glitch33.
      sigpic
      Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

He isn't my favourite character (that spot is saved for Nikola), but he makes nerdiness seem kind of cool

I met him at armageddon. He is sooo sweet!
        and he was preee cool on the dodgems

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVH5S4NtAU4)

I was there ^
        I was lurking in the crowd somewhere.. happy to watch!

(btw, he is my second favourite!)
        Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
        - Doctor Who (series 7)
        - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
        - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
        - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
        - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Ryan Robbins is so adorable. Love him as Henry. I really need to see more of his work. (Know him from Sanctuary and various Stargate appearances.) I did know he had been on BSG a few times, but I was just rewatching the BSG mini-series and didn't realize that he was the Colonial representative at the beginning!!! (In my defense, he does have old age make-up on.) I believe he has only one line, "Yes?" and gets kissed by Number Six. I don't think this role is credited to him on imdb.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

*Dusts of the thread to ask my question*

I'm working on a Henry and Helen piece, looking at their relationship and I've found the more I've double checked my facts on his background and that of H.A.P's, the more confusing the situation has become.

I thought after 'Edward' Henry's back story was nice and clear, but for me Animus threw some questions into the mix and in part contradicted what we already knew.

The facts (as I see them.)

Helen found him on the 'moors' and raised him in the Sanctuary.

She could have left him to live with his own kind (she says she often wonders about what would have happened to him.)

Henry knew he was a H.A.P but chose to ignore it and 'misses being human.'

In 'Animus' we learn that Henry believed himself to be the last of his kind.

An assumption is made that as Erica is the youngest of the 'patients', she is the last know H.A.P to be born. (I've heard this assumption but don't know what information it is based on.)

To me the fact that Helen could have left Henry with his kind contradicts the assertion that Henry is the only H.A.P left - I can't see why he would think he is the only one left. The only reason I can think of is that it is the same reason that Helen took him - something as far as I know, we don't ever get told.

Have I missed anything in any episodes which explain what happened more clearly?
            Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
            If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

I'm gonna have to do a rewatch to be sure, never, but I think you've caught the writers contradicting themselves or maybe not building Henry's backstory. I think I remember hearing somewhere that Henry was supposed to be just a small, supporting role. When the show aired, however, RyRo as Henry was so well-received that they had to basically build his character from there out. I may be wrong, so don't quote me.

The other thing I was thinking is that perhaps Helen, in a moment of maternal weakness, took Henry away from his own kind. She's reeling from some unknown tragedy, finds this lost young boy and takes him in. He quickly wiggles his way into her heart and she can't bear to give him up and so she lies to him, telling him that he's the last of his kind or raising him as human. I say let your fan ficcie imagination run wild.

sigpic
              Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
              Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

BTW, thanks for dusting off the thread. RyRo is actually the inspiration for a character in my current original fic, so I've been thinking of doing a rewatch soon. His character is small in this book, but will have his own story in the next one.

Spoilered for boo-boo Henry:

Spoiler:
                sigpic
                Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I didn't even know there was a thunk thread for him!
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                    I didn't even know there was a thunk thread for him!
                    What a lovely surprise for you, then, eh?

sigpic

Comment

A *very* nice surprise!
                      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                        I'm gonna have to do a rewatch to be sure, never, but I think you've caught the writers contradicting themselves or maybe not building Henry's backstory. I think I remember hearing somewhere that Henry was supposed to be just a small, supporting role. When the show aired, however, RyRo as Henry was so well-received that they had to basically build his character from there out. I may be wrong, so don't quote me.

The other thing I was thinking is that perhaps Helen, in a moment of maternal weakness, took Henry away from his own kind. She's reeling from some unknown tragedy, finds this lost young boy and takes him in. He quickly wiggles his way into her heart and she can't bear to give him up and so she lies to him, telling him that he's the last of his kind or raising him as human. I say let your fan ficcie imagination run wild.

[URL1=http://s297.photobucket.com/user/whytewytch/media/Sanctuary/Henrywithcomputer-1.jpg.html][IMG1]http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm204/whytewytch/Sanctuary/Henrywithcomputer-1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
                        That's a interesting idea. I've currently got one version with Henry's family being involved in a tragic event and a rewrite to make it tie in more with 'Edward', with a more political agenda within the clan. Helen offering the clan sanctuary and their hatred of humans, and hostility because of their continued hunting, causing tension. I'm finding the rewrite challenging because I've created a scenario requiring a whole team, I'm having to create the characters to support the story and I'm really not sure on them.
                        Last edited by neverendingimagination; 03 June 2013, 04:52 PM.
                        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                          That's a interesting idea. I've currently got one version with Henry's family being involved in a tragic event and a rewrite to make it tie in more with 'Edward' with a more political agenda within the clan. Helen offering the clan sanctuary and their hatred of humans, and hostility because of their continued hunting, causes tension.
                          Or, Henry's parents run from the hospital with Henry. Helen is going to give the family sanctuary, but they disappear. Later, she finds young Henry and whisks him away to safety in America.
                          sigpic

Comment

Or, Henry's parents run from the hospital with Henry. Helen is going to give the family sanctuary, but they disappear. Later, she finds young Henry and whisks him away to safety in America.
                            Ooooh. That's set the cogs whirring...

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                              Ooooh. That's set the cogs whirring...
                              Glad I could help. Enjoy! I know I'm not up for any fan fiction writing anytime soon, so you might as well help yourself to my plot bunnies when they hop onto the scene.
                              sigpic

Comment

Glad I could help. Enjoy! I know I'm not up for any fan fiction writing anytime soon, so you might as well help yourself to my plot bunnies when they hop onto the scene.
                                Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                                X