Default Re: Henry Foss/Ryan Robbins Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

why is this thread so far back?

anyhow i love henry, and his nerdness .

Season 4 Promo pic
    Ryan Robbins as Henry Foss -- Photo by: Joe Pugliese/Syfy

1000x1335

Wow, I'm surprised this thread doesn't get much activity. Can I just say that I love how much screen time Henry is getting this season? Well deserved, in my opinion. Ryan Robbins does a great job making him an interesting character even if Henry doesn't get the most meaty material.

Def loving the face-time we're gettng with Henry this season. Not too sure about the
    Spoiler:
    Henry-as-daddy-and-mated-wolf thing. She's kind of... mothery for him. Which is great for the pup, but maybe not so much for Henry. Although she may be just what he needs, who knows. Gotta admit, when they first brought up the "I'm gonna be a daddy and what we do is dangerous. Maybe I should quit," thing, I freaked!

Need more Henry caps, but here's a nice Ladon Radim cap until I get a few minutes:

<a href=http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm204/whytewytch/Stargate%20Atlantis/IntheBloodsiggieBay.jpg target=_blank>http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...dsiggieBay.jpg</a>
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by sparklegem View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised this thread doesn't get much activity. Can I just say that I love how much screen time Henry is getting this season? Well deserved, in my opinion. Ryan Robbins does a great job making him an interesting character even if Henry doesn't get the most meaty material.
    I agree!! Henry is AWESOME! Personally, I hate Werewolves (*gasp* I just used "The 'W' word"...) and when I found out that he was one early on, I was determined to not like him. I failed miserably. He is now my favorite regular character and second favorite overall. And he is also, imo, the best looking .

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie_Vampiress View Post
    I agree!! Henry is AWESOME! Personally, I hate Werewolves (*gasp* I just used "The 'W' word"...) and when I found out that he was one early on, I was determined to not like him. I failed miserably. He is now my favorite regular character and second favorite overall. And he is also, imo, the best looking .
    Careful, dearest! Not werewolf, HAP. By whatever name, he is still the hottest critter on the show!

Well, I'm off for a triptophan-induced nap...

<a href=http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm204/whytewytch/Stargate%20Atlantis/IntheBloodsiggieBay.jpg target=_blank>http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...dsiggieBay.jpg</a>
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

i'm so happy with the amount of screen time henry is getting .

I love the fact we are getting more Henry this season the the whole Henry|Helen family bond I love it! I also love the idea of him being a dad bit.

1000x1503

*wanders into the thread* Hrmmmm... not sure why I haven't found this place before

I am really loving the screen time Henry is getting this year as well as the character development. Yay!

Since this is my first post in this thread, I offer up a gift. Here is the drawing I did of Ryan Robbins as Henry. I had him sign it at a con a couple weeks back (hence the big white space in the lower right corner - I have learned that sharpie and charcoal do not play well together).

Click for bigger:

Please do not use or re-post this image without my permission. Thanks!

First Lieutenant

Wow, antoa, that's incredible!! Wish I could draw like that!

Hmm...I love Henry Also Ryan...I had the opportunity to meet him at a con a couple of weeks ago and he is an absolute sweetheart!

Oh, and I come bearing a gift...the quality isn't great since I was in the cheap seats and don't have the greatest camera, but I loooove his smile!

ETA: At least I thought I would come bearing a gift. For some reason, no matter how many times I resize and upload to photobucket, and make sure it's small enough, it still shows up HUGE on the forum. Thoughts?

Just about ready to do a Quantum Leap rewatch

Quote Originally Posted by mamageek View Post
    ETA: At least I thought I would come bearing a gift. For some reason, no matter how many times I resize and upload to photobucket, and make sure it's small enough, it still shows up HUGE on the forum. Thoughts?
    You can't resize it on Gateworld with the IMG tags but you can have it appear as a thumbnail. There is a way to get the code to appear with the other code options that appear on photobucket and this post should help as it's how I figured out how to do it: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/2...1#post12380830

Signs by Scifan and me. | MY Website - Planet TV | My Sanctuary RPG | My Stargate SG-1 & SGA RPG |
    My Mini City - Rygel City

wow that drawing is really good! you guys are lucky that you got to meet him

Quote Originally Posted by planet_tv View Post
    You can't resize it on Gateworld with the IMG tags but you can have it appear as a thumbnail. There is a way to get the code to appear with the other code options that appear on photobucket and this post should help as it's how I figured out how to do it: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/2...1#post12380830
    Thanks! I'll check it out. My main confusion lies in the fact that I resized the picture itself to a forum appropriate size before uploading and it was showing up huge anyway. But it's ok, I'll figure it out. Maybe that thread can explain THAT little phenomenon to me, too. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mamageek View Post
    Hmm...I love Henry Also Ryan...I had the opportunity to meet him at a con a couple of weeks ago and he is an absolute sweetheart!

Oh, and I come bearing a gift...the quality isn't great since I was in the cheap seats and don't have the greatest camera, but I loooove his smile!

I use the thumbnail that photo bucket creates - it's the same URL as the picture, just with a th_ at the beginning of the file name. Then I link the thumbnail to the larger picture. Here is the code I used in my post:

[URL="http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u107/geekysam/art/henrydrawingsm.jpg"][IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u107/geekysam/art/th_henrydrawingsm.jpg[/ IMG][/ URL]

Just use your URL's and remove the spaces in the /IMG and /URL closing tags.

And thank you everyone for the kind words about my drawing

I was watching S3 of Battlestar Galactica a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised to discover that our dear Mr. Robbins is in it. I heard his voice before I saw him and I was like, "Wait, is that RyRo? It IS!!!" I had no idea he was in it, it was nice to see him in another role (even if his hair did look a little funny).
    Last edited by Elorendil; January 6th, 2012 at 06:37 PM.
    Signature by Glitch33.

Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Second Lieutenant

He isn't my favourite character (that spot is saved for Nikola), but he makes nerdiness seem kind of cool

I met him at armageddon. He is sooo sweet!
    and he was preee cool on the dodgems

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVH5S4NtAU4)

I was there ^
    I was lurking in the crowd somewhere.. happy to watch!

(btw, he is my second favourite!)
    Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
    - Doctor Who (series 7)
    - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
    - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
    - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
    - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

First Lieutenant meredithchandler73's Avatar

Ryan Robbins is so adorable. Love him as Henry. I really need to see more of his work. (Know him from Sanctuary and various Stargate appearances.) I did know he had been on BSG a few times, but I was just rewatching the BSG mini-series and didn't realize that he was the Colonial representative at the beginning!!! (In my defense, he does have old age make-up on.) I believe he has only one line, "Yes?" and gets kissed by Number Six. I don't think this role is credited to him on imdb.

Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

*Dusts of the thread to ask my question*

I'm working on a Henry and Helen piece, looking at their relationship and I've found the more I've double checked my facts on his background and that of H.A.P's, the more confusing the situation has become.

I thought after 'Edward' Henry's back story was nice and clear, but for me Animus threw some questions into the mix and in part contradicted what we already knew.

The facts (as I see them.)

Helen found him on the 'moors' and raised him in the Sanctuary.

She could have left him to live with his own kind (she says she often wonders about what would have happened to him.)

Henry knew he was a H.A.P but chose to ignore it and 'misses being human.'

In 'Animus' we learn that Henry believed himself to be the last of his kind.

An assumption is made that as Erica is the youngest of the 'patients', she is the last know H.A.P to be born. (I've heard this assumption but don't know what information it is based on.)

To me the fact that Helen could have left Henry with his kind contradicts the assertion that Henry is the only H.A.P left - I can't see why he would think he is the only one left. The only reason I can think of is that it is the same reason that Helen took him - something as far as I know, we don't ever get told.

Have I missed anything in any episodes which explain what happened more clearly?
    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
    If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.