Page 347 of 358 FirstFirst ... 247297337344345346347 348349350357 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,940 of 7157

Thread: Helen Magnus/John Druitt Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Chief Master Sergeant For_All_Eternity's Avatar

Default Re: Helen Magnus/John Druitt Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    I think we're just a little discouraged....
    Yeah.... but, honestly, do you think they would bring Druitt back if there is a 5th season? They showed that they can do an entire season without him and someone(I don't remember who) said he is dead. So even if there is season 5, why bother bringing back the dead? It is not really the show's style to bring back dead people..... ((

getting sucked into the black hole that is PS

At this point, I don't care who said what. If it's not directly confirmed onscreen, there's a possibility for resurrection. And even if there is direct confirmation onscreen, this is the kind of show where it doesn't matter.

There's flashbacks, there's alternate realities, there's feats of science and the natural world that boggles the mind.

So no, I don't think Druitt is dead, and yes, I think they could bring him back, if Chris Heyerdahl was amenable and available.

And it might not be their style, given what happened to Ashley and Watson and all, but I like to think that in the four years since we were introduced to the Sanctuary verse, Helen has lost too many people for us to write Druitt off so easily. Especially since in my mind they are the OTP of the verse.
    Click on the banner to check out the newest installment of the Stars series!

To me the big thing is that Amanda said he wasn't dead. She said we don't know what happened to him. I think John's disappearance in season 4 wasn't about plot but about CH's filming schedule for Hell on Wheels, because he had to have hair! So he could only show up as the Big Guy.
    sig by Isolde

Hello everyone! Long time no see/talk. I come bearing a wallie. Part of my Gothic Song Lyrics series.

I've been trying to get the idea for this one done for months and I finally got around to it. Text is from the song "What Have You Done?" by Within Temptation.

Edit:
    The song is a duet between two lovers.
    Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

hey I was just watching the episode where John an Helen are in the carriage and he is thanking her for curing him, so he no longer feels like a freak of nature or a devil... I am confused... Did John had some other abnormality before the source blood? Because Helen never cured him from his bloodlust, so what is it he claims she has cured him from??

Quote Originally Posted by For_All_Eternity View Post
    hey I was just watching the episode where John an Helen are in the carriage and he is thanking her for curing him, so he no longer feels like a freak of nature or a devil... I am confused... Did John had some other abnormality before the source blood? Because Helen never cured him from his bloodlust, so what is it he claims she has cured him from??
    I was just watching the webisodes last night, so I can answer this!! In the webisodes, John had the Abnormality to warp dimensional space (teleport, if you will) before he met Helen. Through Helen, it is assumed that she helped him accept his Abnormality, learn to control it, and thereby better his health.

I'm not sure how much of that translates into how they spun the Source Blood twist in the TV series. And I'm not totally positive in this, but I also believe that historically, Montague John Druitt was predisposed to mental illness. His mother was institutionalized, and various family members had either committed or attempted suicide.

This shadow of hereditary insanity might have fed into what he said to Helen that night... I'll have to watch the TV episode again to make a more informed theory. Hope that helps for now though!

Thanks, selene, it does help! But watch the episode again, because I am still unclear... he talks as if he has an abnormality different than mental illness...

And, by the way, I am so disappointed they did not include in the episodes that "I will have my way with you" phrase that Helen says It sounds soo cute and playful and flirty.... I wonder if she was serious or just teasing....

Thanks, selene, it does help! But watch the episode again, because I am still unclear... he talks as if he has an abnormality different than mental illness...

And, by the way, I am so disappointed they did not include in the episodes that "I will have my way with you" phrase that Helen says It sounds soo cute and playful and flirty.... I wonder if she was serious or just teasing....
    I love that part! So ballsy for the times, and it perfectly captures the chemistry the two of them share. And the look she gives him with that smile is incredibly sexy. "I'll not have you home before midnight, John Druitt- not before I have my way with you." Sheer brilliance!

And I also love the smile John has when she accepts his proposal and kisses him. It conveys his nerves, his happiness, and his joy all in one. Totally endearing.

I don't think it was ever revealed why she was seeing him as a patient. They did change what caused John to go "mad" from the webisodes to the TV series. As Selene stated it was the teleporting that made John go mad in the webisodes but in the series it was the energy creature. They did reuse an edited version of that scene from the webisodes instead of reshooting it hence why it doesn't all make sense.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8226&dateline=1311902876

Quote Originally Posted by selene0789 View Post
    I love that part! So ballsy for the times, and it perfectly captures the chemistry the two of them share. And the look she gives him with that smile is incredibly sexy. "I'll not have you home before midnight, John Druitt- not before I have my way with you." Sheer brilliance!

And I also love the smile John has when she accepts his proposal and kisses him. It conveys his nerves, his happiness, and his joy all in one. Totally endearing.
    It is so cute and at the same time somehow innocent... This is the perfect combination between innocent Helen and bold Helen While in the new series she is sometimes too cynical and too burdened and in the old times she is at moment too cute and naive, at this little scene she is just the right amount of everything.... makes me think how much her relationship with John shaped her as a person even before he started killing...

JanSam It certainly doesn't all make sense.... which is a pity... But maybe we are just too used to get everything explained. After all, it doesn't matter so much why she was treating him but that she succeeded and they developed a unique bond...

Quote Originally Posted by selene0789 View Post
    At this point, I don't care who said what. If it's not directly confirmed onscreen, there's a possibility for resurrection. And even if there is direct confirmation onscreen, this is the kind of show where it doesn't matter.

There's flashbacks, there's alternate realities, there's feats of science and the natural world that boggles the mind.

So no, I don't think Druitt is dead, and yes, I think they could bring him back, if Chris Heyerdahl was amenable and available.

And it might not be their style, given what happened to Ashley and Watson and all, but I like to think that in the four years since we were introduced to the Sanctuary verse, Helen has lost too many people for us to write Druitt off so easily. Especially since in my mind they are the OTP of the verse.
    *waves to everyone in the thread* First time posting here!

I would love it if Druitt came back. But I think it would be a while before we saw him in the current timeline so everything Selene has mentioned is fair game.

I just finished watching "into the black" - the one where he supposedly Dies. Magnus does say "when this is over, I don't ever want to see you again" to him as they are walking. In fact, earlier on she says "we never worked" and broke my poor shipy heart.

Probably why I came here in the first place. What do you all make of that spiel?

Quote Originally Posted by picardythirds View Post

I would love it if Druitt came back. But I think it would be a while before we saw him in the current timeline so everything Selene has mentioned is fair game.

I just finished watching "into the black" - the one where he supposedly Dies. Magnus does say "when this is over, I don't ever want to see you again" to him as they are walking. In fact, earlier on she says "we never worked" and broke my poor shipy heart.

Probably why I came here in the first place. What do you all make of that spiel?
    Great question! For me, this is too close on the heels of "Out of the Blue" for it to be taken at face value. I mean, she just got out of a mind!verse where she'd seen first hand how-- even if their lives were normal and they didn't have the Source Blood and all-- they wouldn't have been happy. They were miserable in the mind!verse, and that coupled with Druitt's disregard for the life she'd built for herself in this timeline scared her. Angered her, even, and for good reason.

But I also think that John was desperate-- both to have her back and to be rid of his parasitical passenger. Once he saw how much it upset her, I think he would have realized that he loved her more than he loved the idea of them, and how Adam is a lying sonuvagun and should have been killed outright. He would have done the right thing, as he did when Helen needed to follow Adam back in time.

So, yes, as far as Helen could see they would have never been able to be happy together long-term, and his continued presence was only doing them both harm. But I think her decision to tell him "I don't want to see you again" was a knee jerk reaction after Out of the Blue, and had the whole time travel thing never happened, I think she would have changed her mind.

But speaking of time travel, when Magnus trounced him in the alleyway in "Tempus" and told him to stay away from her, I do think she meant that. But remember, this Tempus-John was a very real threat (as evidenced by both his approach of her in the alleyway, and the scene she witnessed in the study). He was unstable and the Whitechapel murders were still relatively fresh.

Even so, you know that he must have returned at some point, as otherwise the past events we saw in Season 1 and 2 would not have happened as they had and the present Helen returned to would have been very different. But it wasn't, which means that Druitt still saved her from Tesla in Rome, still helped out in End of Nights, and so on and so forth.

So the ship is not officially ended in my books. Not by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by picardythirds View Post

I think she's mad. She tends to scream at her boys when she's mad and tells them they're awful in a variety of ways. Remember how she told Nikola that she'd never liked him at school and everyone always hated him? It's so clear later that he's one of her best friends. And she's pretty rough on James in End of Nights, cutting him dead when he says he'd like to see more of her, but in Tempus she's obviously missed him very much and cares for him.

I think that's just Helen. She goes off. She's big with "I hate you and you suck" but I don't think it's her final answer.
    sig by Isolde

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    I think she's mad. She tends to scream at her boys when she's mad and tells them they're awful in a variety of ways. Remember how she told Nikola that she'd never liked him at school and everyone always hated him? It's so clear later that he's one of her best friends. And she's pretty rough on James in End of Nights, cutting him dead when he says he'd like to see more of her, but in Tempus she's obviously missed him very much and cares for him.

I think that's just Helen. She goes off. She's big with "I hate you and you suck" but I don't think it's her final answer.
    This is true, to some extent. But I don't think Nikola is a valid example. In that instance, I think she was trying to jolt him out of his head space. They hint at their friendship early in the episode, but when Nikola reveals his nefarious plans, she realizes she needs to distract him, and trying to nick his pride was probably the best way to go.

And she was indeed short with Watson, but to me it was less angry than defensive. She'd tried to put up barriers, and knew James' predilection for slicing right through them with that precision intellect of his. Her biting reaction was probably the only fall back she had, and knowing James, he probably realized that after having known her so long.

But the thing with James definitely feeds into her interaction with John in "Into the Black". Isolation is the only defense she feels she has, and distance is the only that could heal the kind of pain and uncertainty she felt after "Out of the Blue". It may be part of the alienation she feels after having lived so long, the events she's witnessed over the years. It may be part of the way she was raised. But either way, she does usually soften up.

Someone should really, really ask Amanda about this final scene between Helen and John... I am going crazy here about it....

And ok, she was mad, but why didn't she even mention him in season 4? You know... at least a word... He was one of the main characters and in season 4 he just doesn't exist. I know Chris did not have time to be Druit but at least the writers could have mentioned him somewhere in the script....

Someone should really, really ask Amanda about this final scene between Helen and John... I am going crazy here about it....

And ok, she was mad, but why didn't she even mention him in season 4? You know... at least a word... He was one of the main characters and in season 4 he just doesn't exist. I know Chris did not have time to be Druit but at least the writers could have mentioned him somewhere in the script....
    By not saying a word about it, I think they left themselves free to continue however they needed to in future. They're not painting themselves into any kind of corner either way.

Personally, I think mentioning him at all would either be heartbreaking ("Why, yes, Will, John is very much dead.") or just a cruel teasing ("Where do you think Druitt ended up?" "I don't know, Will. He might very well be just around the corner...").

If they could have Druitt, I'm glad they handled it they way they did. Leaves things open for the future...

I love your optimistic thinking, selene

Yeah I agree they were trying to leave it open. I think they hoped that Chris would be back and didn't want to say something that would preclude it.
    sig by Isolde

Stalking the streets with Jack the Ripper

wow..... this thread isn't dead.... I'm kinda shocked... and mildly relieved that people still care about Helen and john.....

(don't mind me I am still angry at the writers for how they FRAKKED OVER MAGNETT)

Quote Originally Posted by AresLover452 View Post
    wow..... this thread isn't dead.... I'm kinda shocked... and mildly relieved that people still care about Helen and john.....

(don't mind me I am still angry at the writers for how they FRAKKED OVER MAGNETT)
    I am also a little mad... but selene is right that by not mentioning John the writers give themselves a door to let him back in... it is better than nothing I suppose.