This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Books

What is the best Stargate Atlantis book? I just ordered Mirror, Mirror and Entanglement. And i wanted to see which one i should buy now.
    Last edited by leeman15251; 30 September 2008, 03:58 PM.

All of 'em. I loved 'em all apart from Blood Ties and Entanglement. Personally...I love The Chosen.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Personally, I thought "The Chosen" was too long and had an overly drawn out focus (what felt like half the book) on the final battle. I tried a few chapters of "Blood Ties" and it just kind of ticked me off and I didn't bother continuing reading. "Entanglement" did kind of have an anti-climactic ending, and overall was fairly plain and nothing particularly special or exciting. I'd have to say "Exogenesis" is probably my favorite. The fast-paced plot and sense of danger appealed to me. "Casualties of War" was pretty darn good too, another one with a fast-paced plot that keeps you wondering what's going to happen next.

Comment

thanks. I will just buy them all and see if i like them.

Comment

It sounds like then I am in a rarity here but I did enjoy Blood Ties a lot. I ended up being sick one day and read most of it when I was awake. Maybe I am just impartial to Daniel or something. I have also read Casualties of War and thought it was very well paced as well. I have Mirror Mirror and Entanglement currently sitting on my shelf to read once done with an SG-1 book.

Comment

I just recently bought several books : Reliquary, Entanglement, Casualties of War, Blood ties (in the middle of reading it) and Mirror, Mirror. I enjoyed reading first books four in my list. The writers did a good job by bringing in the feel of the series in these books and almost wished to have seen them translate in live-action. <g> I hope to complete the books when I visit the book shop sometime next month.

Comment

i really have loved al of the SG books that i've read. i really enjoyed blood ties, casualties of war, and mirror, mirror. out of hte sg-1 books, roswell was my favorite because it had both vala, cameron, and jack in it. the entire team was there so it had a great feel to it.
              thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Lookalike View Post
                It sounds like then I am in a rarity here but I did enjoy Blood Ties a lot. I ended up being sick one day and read most of it when I was awake. Maybe I am just impartial to Daniel or something. I have also read Casualties of War and thought it was very well paced as well. I have Mirror Mirror and Entanglement currently sitting on my shelf to read once done with an SG-1 book.
                You are not alone I enjoyed that book as well, though I did enjoy all of them and I only wish that there were more.

Comment

Will the books continue even if the SGA has been canceled?

Comment

Originally posted by Orion25 View Post
                    Will the books continue even if the SGA has been canceled?
                    They've done that with SG-1, so I don't see why they wouldn't with Atlantis.
                    Benford's Corollary to Clarke's Law:
                    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."

Comment

Originally posted by ATimson View Post
                      From what I understand, they are going to continue with the SA book series.
                      sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

Originally posted by ATimson View Post
                        Originally posted by _Ancients_ View Post
                        Oh, that's good news. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by _Ancients_ View Post
                          I'm sure if you guys want to keep reading them, we'll keep writing them.

Out Now:
                          Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
                          Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
                          "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          Twitter

Comment

SGA - Mania: Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall: SGA-10 James Swallow:

At Mania:

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

By Tim Janson January 18, 2009

It’s an extremely light release week this week. Because of that, I’ve basically just lumped all the new fiction releases together instead of separating them by genre. Save your money though, because next week is absolutely huge. It’s one of those weeks that will make you curse the publishers because so many major releases will be out the same week. Not to play too much of a spoiler but among the books we have to look forward to next week are:

... Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall: SGA-10 James Swallow (Fandemonium books)

In the distant Pegasus galaxy, the scientists and soldiers of the Atlantis expedition push back the frontiers of knowledge and exploration; in the city of the Ancients, new challenges and old secrets are waiting to be unlocked. Far from home, ranged against lethal enemies the Atlantis team must fight to preserve a distant outpost of humanity against impossible odds; but when the Nightfall comes, it will be like nothing they have ever encountered before...

~~**~~**

Pre-order at Amazon.com:

Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall: SGA-10 (Mass Market Paperback) Jan 25, 2009
                            by James Swallow (Author)
                            List Price: $7.95

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I'm reading Casualties of War at the moment and loving it

Comment

Working...
                              X