This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stargate Books

I've read some of the Stargate Novels that have recently come out and have enjoyed them, do you guys think they're a suitable continuation of the SG1 & Atlantis story, by giving us new adventures or do you just prefer the tv series and would you like a regular comic book series

I'm reading SGA: Reliquary now, and it seems to be non-canon for the one good reason:
    Spoiler:
    Dorane has visited Atlantis through the Stargate after the Ancients left it - which shouldn't be possible. (Don't spoil the ending if this turns out to be another one of Dorane's lies.)

Nevertheless, it is enjoyable, and that's why I have also bought SG1: The Barque of Heaven, which I intend to read after Reliquary. I also took the special offer in our local bookstore when I bought the SGA book, and got the novelization of Rising in cut-price - no intentions to read it, at least not yet, though.

If you call yourself a fan, you should read them

Comment

Yeah, just read Mirror, Mirror and enjoyed it, got Casualties of War and Entaglement or is it Engagement to read... can't remember now. Roswell the SG1 was a good fun read, SG1 including Jack.. so set in season 10 and Vala is there

Comment

If you guys want to say thanks to the authors, or discuss things, some of them are on GW and respond do you, under the 'Merchandise' part of the site, I believe.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
          If you guys want to say thanks to the authors, or discuss things, some of them are on GW and respond do you, under the 'Merchandise' part of the site, I believe.
          Yup, it's this thread.
          My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
          Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
            Nevertheless, it is enjoyable, and that's why I have also bought SG1: The Barque of Heaven, which I intend to read after Reliquary. I also took the special offer in our local bookstore when I bought the SGA book, and got the novelization of Rising in cut-price - no intentions to read it, at least not yet, though.

If you call yourself a fan, you should read them
            The Barque of Heaven is one of the best SG-1 books out there, along with Relativity and Roswell.

Rising is a good read too. It's a great novelization of the pilot.

There is a thread that talks about the books and even has some of the author's posting too.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=32085

Comment

I actually have all the SG-1 books and I'm in the middle of the second one. So far they are a fun way to continue the story. After I am done with those I plan on reading the SGA books. I was sad when SG-1 ended, so its a good way to enjoy more adventures of the good-old "Jack O'Neill" days of the earlier seasons.
              So bring on more books!!
              Gator

You're not the usual delivery boy..

"I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"

Comment

thanks for the heads up :-)

Comment

I have read SG-1 :Relativty (10) and in the middle SG-1 Do No Harm (12), For Stargate Atlantis Rising (1), Relaquilty(2), Causelaties of War (7) and Blood Ties (8) all are really enjoyable, and it a new kick other than Star Wars Books.
                  All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I love the Stargate novels! I'm currently writing one of my own, too! I really enjoyed Reliquary and Trial By Fire! (I'm a little behind on my SG1 novels, but I'm catching up!)
                    "I'm not taking a bath with you..." - John

Comment

I liked the one with Daniel Jackson involving the Atlantis crew. And from some of the newer ones coming out, hopefully they'll be touching on Atlantis with Keller and Carter as part of the crew

Comment

Originally posted by adamisme View Post
                        I liked the one with Daniel Jackson involving the Atlantis crew. And from some of the newer ones coming out, hopefully they'll be touching on Atlantis with Keller and Carter as part of the crew
                        The one your talking about is Blood Ties with Daniel. As for Keller and Carter I am hoping for that two.
                        All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

cheers, I just couldn't remember the name... curse my memory... who am I anyway................

Comment

Originally posted by dhaken666 View Post
                            I love the Stargate novels! I'm currently writing one of my own, too! I really enjoyed Reliquary and Trial By Fire! (I'm a little behind on my SG1 novels, but I'm catching up!)
                            You... what? You're writing a SG novel, fanfic or fandemonium?

Comment

I love all the SG1 and SGA novels published by Fandemonium, I've read most of them, they all fit as canon as far as I can tell so far. I'm in the middle of reading Mirror Mirror and Casualties Of War (SGA) and will read Do No Harm (SG1) next I think. I have always thought they should make most if not all of these into 2 part episodes/movies. Some are better than alot of episodes. I use them as a hold over between new episodes.

Comment

Working...
                              X