Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They should have used the Attero device to win the war.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should have used the Attero device to win the war.

After much consideration, I think the Ancients should have used the Attero device to defeat the Wraith. I mean before discovering the "side effect" I thought that the Wraith can still cull using darts and stargates. After seeing the side effect I admit that it is pretty devastating but it dawned on me that the Ancients should have disabled the gate system with a virus like Avenger. They hit every stargate except those in Ancient control. This will prevent the Stargates from exploding and prevent collateral damage and paralyze the Wraith completely.

They keep the device active at random and intermittent intervals it will keep the Wraith off balance and prime for the final take down.
    Stargate Revival Please!

Indeed. Kudos to the writers for making the Ancients look more and more stupid...
    sigpic

Comment

not a good idea. The ancients may not have a clue as to how to do a simultaneous shut down of the gate system, first of all, and even if they can, the moment a connection beteween 2 gates is made, the build up of energy that will eventually lead to the over-load will have started. Just imagine what the effects are if a simultaneous connection to multitudes of gates can have. This accidental discovery maybe what gave Anubis the idea to use against the SGC.

Comment

Even when they disabled the gatesystem, wraith can turn gatesystem back on line, like Sam with his friend do. And for evil they are, they can dial gate for fun that planet will destroyed.
        Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Yeah, based on the dialogue over the Avenger virus, all one should need to undo it was a DHD that was never infected, a Stargate that still works because it didn't have a DHD in the first place, and a basic knowledge of how the gate system works. Well, the Wraith had uninfected DHDs on their darts, they had working Spacegates throughout the galaxy, and not only do they seem to have that understanding of the gate system, but they are quite adept with computer viruses. For all we know, the Ancients might've tried to use something like that earlier in the was a way of limiting Wraith as much as they could and the Wraith had already found a way around it, so they knew it wouldn't work a second time. Plus, there's the possibility that the Stargates overloading was the least of the side effects, so we'll have to wait and see what happens in the next episode.

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
            After much consideration, I think the Ancients should have used the Attero device to defeat the Wraith. I mean before discovering the "side effect" I thought that the Wraith can still cull using darts and stargates. After seeing the side effect I admit that it is pretty devastating but it dawned on me that the Ancients should have disabled the gate system with a virus like Avenger. They hit every stargate except those in Ancient control. This will prevent the Stargates from exploding and prevent collateral damage and paralyze the Wraith completely.

They keep the device active at random and intermittent intervals it will keep the Wraith off balance and prime for the final take down.
            i'm having a moment of madness, but did we ever find out what the side effects really were?

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_dan View Post
              not a good idea. The ancients may not have a clue as to how to do a simultaneous shut down of the gate system, first of all, and even if they can, the moment a connection beteween 2 gates is made, the build up of energy that will eventually lead to the over-load will have started. Just imagine what the effects are if a simultaneous connection to multitudes of gates can have. This accidental discovery maybe what gave Anubis the idea to use against the SGC.
              it's lame. You're telling me that the gatebuilders didn't know how shut down stargates?

they could have easily shutted the entire system down and after that activated the attero device. Wait few weeks, do a recon missions to know how many hives have been destroyed and destroy rest of them. Quite easy and with their technology, even more easier
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                i'm having a moment of madness, but did we ever find out what the side effects really were?
                in the next episode

Spoiler:
                active stargates go kaboom
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  in the next episode

Spoiler:
                  active stargates go kaboom
                  Ahh thanks hon, i'd say that's more than a side effect.

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post

And imagine the galaxy without the Wraith.

Imagine the Ancients ruling all...with their dull personalities, and their bland attire, and their absolute lack of a sense of humor. Imagine their continued experimentation with science, the same science that manipulated cultures in The Game, or created the nanovirus in Hot Zone. A boring, rigid, pompous culture, yet just as dangerous - if no more so - than the Wraith.

The Wraith, on the other hand, embrace nature in their technology. The interior of their ships are an array of color and light, textured and layered and alive. They have an eye for beauty and personal adornment, they have style and personality and a sense of humor. MUCH more interesting to watch for 45 minutes compared to the sterile Ancients.

So, had the Ancients won the war, then you would be watching them, week after week, droning on and on about how wonderful they are and how they must ascend because that makes them even better...and the show wouldn't have lasted a season.

So, thank god the Wraith won! At least we get to enjoy their sleek, coolio ships and spiffy leather coats and long, silken locks...and even a joke or two! None of that would have been if the Ancients had defeated them all those years ago. So, I say - long live the Wraith! And down with anyone who tries to stop them... *glares daggers at the 'new race' *

das
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay, you are a Wraith worshipper, admit it, das!

Storywise, they could have disabled the Stargates, if the Wraith keep enabling the gate, send a command and load a self-destruct program and destroy all the gates. Then activate the Attero device, the Wraith will then be on their knees, if they don't go and escape or make peace, they will be killed by the Ancients, if they do go by using their hyperspace engines, they will equally be killed by the Ancients. Then after all the Wraith are dead or surrendered, the Ancients could reinstate the gate and DHD or replant gates throughout the galaxy again.

But I doubt the council had such a mentality to pursue such plan.

Comment

it's lame. You're telling me that the gatebuilders didn't know how shut down stargates?
                        For security reasons it's totally believable that they wouldn't build the gate network with a shutdown command hard-coded into every Stargate. In which case the only way to shut them down would be by using the DHD's correlative updates and with so many Stargates not attached to DHDs, it would be impossible to shut down every gate that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                          For security reasons it's totally believable that they wouldn't build the gate network with a shutdown command hard-coded into every Stargate. In which case the only way to shut them down would be by using the DHD's correlative updates and with so many Stargates not attached to DHDs, it would be impossible to shut down every gate that way.
                          Atlantis gate/DHD is only one capable of dialing Earth. It wouldn't be problem if Atlantis DHD would be capable of shutting down the entire stargate system.
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                            Okay, you are a Wraith worshipper, admit it, das!

Through and through, and dang proud of it! The Wraith have what the Ancients never will - they have PIZZAZZ!!!

das
                            sigpic

Comment

Atlantis gate/DHD is only one capable of dialing Earth. It wouldn't be problem if Atlantis DHD would be capable of shutting down the entire stargate system.
                              That's a nice security measure, but it isn't infallible. It might still be possible for someone to hack a gate and find a way to bypass its security measures so they can either get the 8th chervon to lock or so they could shut down the entire system without needing Atlantis' DHD. And without needing a ZPM level power source and gate addresses, it's quite a bit more feasible for someone to activate a shutdown command through that method than it is for them to access another gate network.

Plus, there's an issue of wanting to protect the gate network from other Ancients. Making a copy of such a crystal would be something other Ancients could do and so it wouldn't be that hard for one of them to shut the entire network down if they wanted to. In "Harmony" we saw that they protected their research from their own kind and while it might've been for a harmless reason (like Humans with the gene suddenly popping up around this time) it's also possible they were worried that they'd be betrayed or that one of them would fold under torture and help their enemy.

Comment

Working...
                              X