This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I get some Goa'uld hierarchy help?

Ok, first I looking for a couple scans. Both depict the Goa’uld hierarchy from SG-1. One is from The Ultimate Visual Guide and the other is from the DVD Collection magazine. Does anyone have these and would you be willing to share scans?

Second, has anyone mapped out the Goa'uld that have appeared in the books and comics? I can go back and get the comic ones, which I think is just the ones from Fall of Rome, but I'm hoping I won't have to skim back through all of the books.

The third source will be from the RPG books but I have those so I can get those ones easy enough.

Thanks in advance!

Only the movies and series are canon, you might as well ignore the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      1) That's incredibly unhelpful...it's like answering the question with "well the sky is blue, so why like Stargate?"

2) It's wrong...the RPG was actually considered to be canon by both MGM and, apparently, the creators of the show at the time. Whether or not that has continued to the new writers I don't know, but as it was considered canon at the time it was written, it's not like that status can be taken away from them. The novels, comics, and reference books, however, are an unknown...Joseph Mallozzi has stated that he doesn't consider some parts of the novels to be canon, but he's not the person who has the last word, seeing as he doesn't control the license.

That having been said...if you give me a day or two, I should be able to scan the Goa'uld hierarchy that's in The Ultimate Visual Guide...it's not really much, it just tells you which pantheon the Goa'uld come from.

As to the rest...I've never really considered trying to make any kind of map for the Goa'uld from the comics or novels so I can't help you out in that regard I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        I would say anything licensed to be produced by MGM is legitimate and can be considered canon. Some things may take precedence but that happens for all franchises. Besides, what's wrong with getting some more good stories?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymach View Post
          1) That's incredibly unhelpful...it's like answering the question with "well the sky is blue, so why like Stargate?"

2) It's wrong...the RPG was actually considered to be canon by both MGM and, apparently, the creators of the show at the time. Whether or not that has continued to the new writers I don't know, but as it was considered canon at the time it was written, it's not like that status can be taken away from them. The novels, comics, and reference books, however, are an unknown...Joseph Mallozzi has stated that he doesn't consider some parts of the novels to be canon, but he's not the person who has the last word, seeing as he doesn't control the license.

That having been said...if you give me a day or two, I should be able to scan the Goa'uld hierarchy that's in The Ultimate Visual Guide...it's not really much, it just tells you which pantheon the Goa'uld come from.

As to the rest...I've never really considered trying to make any kind of map for the Goa'uld from the comics or novels so I can't help you out in that regard I'm afraid.
          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X