This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    it would be nice but, likely, would be too expensive to do. they'd basically have to be edited twice, which would be more expensive and cut into the profit margin

the only way i could see them doing this is 3-4 years down the road to re-release the eps, with new and extended never before seen footage...to get you to rebuy what you already own.

works for lucas

how many times has he re-sold the star wars movies?
    They already are.

Comment

I think they should do it, it would be so cool
      sigpic
      Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

I would absolutely re-buy the seasons on DVD if at least half of the episodes per disk had cut scenes restored either on the disk in a different section or re-cut into the episode.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Wasn't "Threads" like the only episode they "officially" let run long? (With commercials, it ran an hour and a half.)

I would love to see more episodes extended for DVD. I am assuming the raw footage exists. It may be a matter of redubbing some stuff and tweaking the special effects.

I would buy something like this in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by JThunder101 View Post
            Wasn't "Threads" like the only episode they "officially" let run long? (With commercials, it ran an hour and a half.)

I would love to see more episodes extended for DVD. I am assuming the raw footage exists. It may be a matter of redubbing some stuff and tweaking the special effects.

I would buy something like this in a heartbeat.
            it would be nice, but i feel it would be a bit of a kick in the balls for the fans who endured and bought all the SG dvds when they first came out.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

this is what lucas has been doing for years. re-releasing the same basic movie with tweaks and added scenes.

it's KINDA what they did with LOTR. The big difference was, you knew up front 'ok in may we'll release the theatrical version, then in june we'll release the extended version' (although, iirc, they were months and months apart, like may for the 'short' version and november for the extended ones)

but you knew up front that you could choose to wait. and, also, the first version was cheaper, like 15 dollars or so, so it wasn't very painful to get both.

a lot of the expense will depends on how those deleted scenes are. were they already mastered with music and effects? or were they cut before they were scored? will they need to pay to get music in, in addition to re-editing? or, are they like threads, the long version exists, and then the broadcast version - cut down to 44 minutes - exists, so it's just a matter of swapping out master files.

David and I were fortunate enough to tour Rainmaker a few years ago, and they had racks and racks and racks of camera footage. Literally thousands of hours of video. they knew those tapes had bloopers on them, but they literally lacked the time to wade through all the tapes to find them.

and the same could apply to deleted scenes. If the scenes were cut from a rough cut, unmusic'd, un touched up, etc, it could cost thousands and thousands to reedit the shows.

and will the sales be worth it?
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Would be a Nice idea indeed. I would love to have a re cut version of the Siege part 1,2 and 3 from SGA But that's probably a wish and nothing more. We need to make the ppl on charge see that were willing to spend money on stuff like that.
                sigpic
                by Snowflake Shona

Comment

I never really understood putting tv aired versions of any show on dvd. I mean, I know that the aired version is already cut together, but why crunch together 43 minutes when a particular episode could run 10 or 20 minutes longer

Comment

Well, they could put out a dvd set of episodes that have been re-cut with added footage. That way one wouldn't have to buy every season again.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                    X