Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with Jennifer's make-up in this episode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up with Jennifer's make-up in this episode?

(This is not Keller-bashing)

What's up with her make-up? Her eyeshadow is really thick and her lip-gloss thick as well. I don't remember it being this thick in past episodes. What, she thought it'd be nice to doll herself up for her meeting with Todd?

Ouh, do I smell a little Jennifer & Todd shipping hints?

Seriously, though, the make-up artists must've been playing a partical joke on Jewel Staite or something. It's just... weird.

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post

What's up with her make-up? Her eyeshadow is really thick and her lip-gloss thick as well. I don't remember it being this thick in past episodes. What, she thought it'd be nice to doll herself up for her meeting with Todd?

Seriously, though, the make-up artists must've been playing a partical joke on Jewel Staite or something. It's just... weird.
    To be perfectly honest i didnt even notice.

Comment

One of the first things I noticed about this ep was how "done up" Keller was. The Farrah Fawcett hair and the make up were quite different from her usual appearance. Maybe they had different hair and make up people for this ep? Ronon's wig was a bit (more) odd looking too... Not a criticism, just an observation.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed the make-up and hair, too.
        She had her hair curled in 'The Queen' too, but I don't recall any other episode. Of course, I probably missed some, so...
        sigpic
        Yeah... I know

Comment

I noticed that as well. It's to make her look hot for the guys who watch the show I assume. Just like how Amanda Tapping wore lipstick in the first 2 seasons of Stargate.

Sometimes shows think they need this sort of thing but I disagree.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
            I noticed that as well. It's to make her look hot for the guys who watch the show I assume. Just like how Amanda Tapping wore lipstick in the first 2 seasons of Stargate.

Sometimes shows think they need this sort of thing but I disagree.

Vala,
            Except for the most part its the girls who notice and the guys dont. I for instance never notice things like makeup and hair styles.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
              Except for the most part its the girls who notice and the guys dont. I for instance never notice things like makeup and hair styles.
              Yep... I didn't notice anything different.

Ace
              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I noticed it. Hopefully it's not to ease us into fake eyelashes and tight catsuits.

Comment

Hahahahaha. Oooh, how adorable it is! Jennifer and Todd romantic relationships to come. They called it something like "whatever syndrome", when patient fall in love to the nurse or even doctor. And looks like Todd will be her first... wraith. In third movie they possibly get married and have beautiful babies! [Awwww!] Because our poor stupid Rodney funked up all with her [again].

btw: Ewwwwwwwww!!! Disgusting couple! Hahahahaha.

Comment

What, she thought it'd be nice to doll herself up for her meeting with Todd?

btw, you inspired my sig!
                    sigpic
                    Yeah... I know

Comment

Notice that it started in the same episode that she found out McKay "loved her" winkwink nudge nudge

Comment

I'm a guy. I'm also gay so I don't even look at girls "like that". I've just got a good eye for details. And it's not really hard to notice as long as you've got your eye on her and remember how she usually looks.

I just looked at her square in the face when she talked and was immediately blinded by her copious amounts of purplish eyeshadow.

Originally posted by Not Telling View Post
                        btw, you inspired my sig!
                        Green for you!
                        Last edited by FallenAngelII; 28 September 2008, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I'm a guy. I'm also gay so I don't even look at girls "like that". I've just got a good eye for details. And it's not really hard to notice as long as you've got your eye on her and remember how she usually looks.

I just looked at her square in the face when she talked and was immediately blinded by her copious amounts of purplish eyeshadow.

Green for you!
                          Im not sure if its true but stereotypically gay guys do have a better ear for fashion than straight guys.

Comment

Im not sure if its true but stereotypically gay guys do have a better ear for fashion than straight guys.
                            It's not fashion, it's just an eye for changes in people's looks. Jennifer generally doesn't wear that much make-up. After an entire season of this not happening, she all of a sudden getting tons of it leaped out at me and slapped me in the face.

It was so obvious because it was so unusual.

Comment

We notice. We just don't always realize we've noticed. Our male noticing is a less aware kind of noticing- less about the details and more about the combined effect created by those details.

As for the original poster's observation- the gal has realized she is being actively pursued by two handsome males. I imagine it'd make her a little more self-conscious, hence the make-up and the general flirtier-than-average behavior.
                              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Working...
                              X