Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with Jennifer's make-up in this episode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
    Thanks, everyone - glad you liked my bit of silliness!

And - so...now I see we have an whole 'Toddifer' thing going on. LOL! I wonder what Todd would think about this. Really. Since humans, including Jennifer, are food for Wraith, wouldn't meddling with one of them in more...intimate ways...be tantamount to a shepherd meddling with his sheep...ifyouknowwhatimean.

Think about it - wouldn't such a concept be vile to the Wraith - to be intimate with their 'livestock'??

das

Maybe...but people have still done it anyway.

*hem* I'm going to scrub my brain clean with bleach now.

Oh and Go Toddifer!! That'll show ROnon and McKay...and Sheppard for Todd?
    "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

I hate the leather "uniform." I like Sg-1's uniforms better.

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
        Yeah, we all know how human males behave when there are only a handful of females around, and wraith can't be that different, can't they?
        Problem here, LD, is that unlike human males who think with their crotch (sorry, guys, about the stereotype), male Wraith tend to think with their handginas. I fully believe that you could put the most beautiful, naked woman in a roomful of WELL-FED male Wraith, and they would still be thinking only one thing: When do we eat?!

I've often had this imagery in my head, trying to understand the 'Wraith mindset'. It's the visual much like I described, a human, trapped with several Wraith. At the moment, it is in the best interest of the Wraith to keep the human alive (for whatever reason), but hunger is overriding their reason. What would the Wraith be thinking? Would they be thinking, "whoa. Nice boobs."? I doubt it. I think it would be a mental 'feeding frenzy'. Through telepathy, I imagine the flood of their collective subconscious thoughts to be something like, "I'm hungry. So am I. Why must we keep this human alive? Of what benefit is it to us? There is no benefit. We can use her as leverage. But I'm hungry. So am I. Why can't we feed? Who would feed first? Me. You would take it all. And you would not? I'm hungry. So am I. I smell fear. I taste fear. It is all around us. It's making me hungry. Stop thinking about hunger. But I'm hungry. So am I." And so on and so forth, while outwardly they are being as nice and courteous to their human 'guest' as Wraithily possible.

Now, that's only my impression based on little tidbits given to us over the years. So, if I take that a step further, and apply it to a scene, such as Todd in the lab with Jennifer, I can imagine that - under his respectful behavior towards her - he IS thinking about how 'tasty' she'd be. That would be his instinctive thought, one that would override any other physical attraction he might have.

At least, I think so...

das
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
          Problem here, LD, is that unlike human males who think with their crotch (sorry, guys, about the stereotype), male Wraith tend to think with their handginas. I fully believe that you could put the most beautiful, naked woman in a roomful of WELL-FED male Wraith, and they would still be thinking only one thing: When do we eat?!
          In fact, I agree, it was just meant as a joke. I doubt male wraith would ever have an erotic interest to a human. In fact, as the genders among their kind are so unbalanced, I doubt male wraith are bothered with attraction towards females, because it would be very counter-productive for the hive.

As a whole, reproduction is needed for the species, though, so there must be some mating among wraith too. Could be fun to witness the mating season in a hive.
          My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
          Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X