Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    OK, let me repeat:
    In a sub-forum for specific episodes, you can write spoilers for episodes up until + that certain episode without spoiler tags.

All spoilers for future episodes, be they unaired or already aired, must be spoiler-tagged. This is all in the rules already.
    I quoted the rules, I didn't make them up

Thus, it's illogical to tag one single thread "Spoilers up 'til" since it's in the rules and no-brainers. If needed, issue a mass warning to all who break it or step in as a mod and remind people of the rules.

I even made a separate thread on spoilers. Also, this thread wasn't breaking the spoiler-rule on such a wide scale it needed to be renamed. I can count the times it's happened in here without spoiler-tags on a single hand.
    I didn't tag the thread. If you want to ask a mod, ask a mod. I don't have an issue with the title, but you obviously do. SO if it bothers you, speak to them.

Anyway if you have issues report it to a mod, but I think you might find this conversation is derailing the thread, and since I know how much this upsets you, it might be worth taking the discussion elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
      Anyway if you have issues report it to a mod, but I think you might find this conversation is derailing the thread, and since I know how much this upsets you, it might be worth taking the discussion elsewhere.
      I noted that the thread title had been altered in an illogical way, you chose to reply with your take on it. The conversation would've ended had you simply told me to ask a mod, but you chose to try to explain it yourself, thus prompting a reply from me.

Comment

I noted that the thread title had been altered in an illogical way, you chose to reply with your take on it. The conversation would've ended had you simply told me to ask a mod, but you chose to try to explain it yourself, thus prompting a reply from me.
        If by quoting the rules is my interpretation, then fine... whatever FH. However, If we carry on this topic of conversation, no one will need to go and ask a mod. A mod will descend and whup our asses.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
          If by quoting the rules is my interpretation, then fine... whatever FH. However, If we carry on this topic of conversation, no one will need to go and ask a mod. A mod will descend and whup our asses.
          Your weird interpretation or whatever as I'd already stated exactly what you quoted and declared it illogical to change the thread title due to it. You chose to continue the conversation needlessly for whatever reason. And now you are keeping up with defending your illogical reasoning.

I will not take this further (in this thread). Reply to me in a PM if I must. The mods were, IMO, illogical to amend the thread title and your "explanation" to the events is illogical as well.

Comment

folks
            I changed the title of the thread because, even though it's in the first contact folder, it's not necessarily implied that you will be discussion things that have happened all season.

spoilers up to and including first contact do not need to be tagged, any thing after that does.

Now, back to the topic please, which is the love triangle and your take on it, be it for or against
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I Loath The Triangle!

I hate that the writers think that this is a neat idea.

It's going to change the way these three characters work and re-act to each other.

It is uncomfortable to watch (IMO) and it is ruining Atlantis for me.
              Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                ...it is ruining Atlantis for me.
                It was already ruined before it... how much worse can it get? No, wait - pretend I didn't say that.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Sigh!
                  Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    It was already ruined before it... how much worse can it get? No, wait - pretend I didn't say that.
                    SGA Season 6 'Hamster Ball'?

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                      SGA Season 6 'Hamster Ball'?
                      See - I should have kept my mouth shut!
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                        *claps for kali*

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                          Sigh....But they're writers! And there are plenty of male writers out there capable of writing believable romantic relationships, so what's going on here? Out of all the people writing for this show, can none of them manage it?
                          Ohhh I agree. There are a lot of male writers out there that do a great job in writing romantic story lines but they aren't working for SGA that's for sure. Thus far, the current writing team has yet to prove that they can write a decent, believable romantic relationship. As far as I concerned, it's not in their blood to do so.

Comment

I'm surprised by the passion the triangle subject has created. I have to admit that I don't take it that seriously. I've watched and loved both Stargate SG1 and now Stargate Atlantis since they were both created and I think the Ronan/Rodney/Jennifer triangle is very cute. There is quite a lot of teasing/kidding between the team members and my take on Ronan's interest is that he is mostly doing it to give Rodney a bad time. I love that the writers haven't made it clear exactly what his intentions are, so it generates a lot of thought and controversy as this thread shows.

As far as I can see neither Rodney or Ronan have openly declared their intentions so I don't see why Jennifer should act in any way differently than she is. Although Rodney declared in a previous episode when he was losing his mind that he loved her, he hasn't ever told her in the primary storyline. Even though she knows that he cares for her, what's she supposed to do, tattoo "I might be taken so don't flirt with me" on her forehead

I think the protector role is consistent with the Ronan character and fits well with the added incentive that he can cause Rodney minor discomfort in the process. And he probably likes hanging out with Jennifer so all in all it's a good time.

I'm enjoying this storyline and hope it continues throughout the rest of the series. Just a slightly different way that Ronan and Rodney can give each other a bad time. I like it when the characters give each other a bad time. Daniel and Rodney were great in FC. Can't wait until the next episode!

Respectfully,

Pirate Kate

Comment

So if we're not allowed to discuss matters that pertain to the episode in ways other than "I loved everything about the episode, everything is splendid! There is nothing wrong with anything!", why even have a forum?

Why not just have polls every week where you can only choose between different ways of praising the episodes?

We dislike certain things about the show. Deal with it.
                              Same goes for you buddy. We all have opinions that are just as valid as yours.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X