Discuss the "New" Race!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discuss the "New" Race!

My guess for this new enemy is that they are actually the Ori, who had to retake a half-ascended form like Anubis and now use the mechanical suits to contain their essence. It may be the reason why they wear the suits during non-combat situation, and it also explains how they are able to defeat most Ancient technology so easily.

Motive?

Comment

That's either the smartest or dumbest thing I've ever read.

Comment

Why would they be in Pegasus? It seems it would be safer for them to establish a colony in the Milky Way.

Comment

I'd have to guess the "Foothold" aliens...only because of this tidbit I saw on another thread from a Shanks interview...

TV Guide: Why is Daniel there?

Shanks: He comes to find a secret lab that contains important technology. Then a batch of unexpected villains shows up. Let's just say, Daniel has a history with them.
          Back to lurking...

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
            My guess for this new enemy is that they are actually the Ori, who had to retake a half-ascended form like Anubis and now use the mechanical suits to contain their essence. It may be the reason why they wear the suits during non-combat situation, and it also explains how they are able to defeat most Ancient technology so easily.
            NO!!!!the writers would never do that! it's insanely boring, and if they were, they would've known how to activate the device on their own. Stop trying to find the ori in SGA. you thought the gray dudes in Daedalus Variations were ori, and you thought these guys were. you're looking for things that aren't there. i'm sorry if this comes off as rude, but seriously, you need to stop and think sometimes.
            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
            sigpic

Comment

A possible motive is that they can no longer exist in their own galaxy and thus moved to Pegasus. Now they want to kill the Wraith off so that galaxy will be ripe to start the spread of 'Origin'.

Comment

Umm...the Ori are dead and Adria is in an
                Spoiler:
                ever lasting duel with Morgan Le Fay.

Comment

Originally posted by jiklar View Post
                  That's either the smartest or dumbest thing I've ever read.
                  the second one

besides, i think the ancients sheilded PG from the ori.
                  sigpic

Comment

At first I thought they could be descendants of the Ancients, but now I'm not sure. If they were human they wouldn't need to wear those suits all the time. They couldn't be Asgard, they can survive in our environment just fine, but whatever they are, they seem to be humanoid. It is cool to see they have the ability to completely pown our tech; completely bypassing the city's shields, that cool transporter tech, and the personel shields. I can't wait to see the next episode.

Comment

A possible motive is that they can no longer exist in their own galaxy and thus moved to Pegasus. Now they want to kill the Wraith off so that galaxy will be ripe to start the spread of 'Origin'.
                      if they can't live in their own galaxy, why go to a galaxy where the atmosphere of most planets are virtually the same as their own? and the episode is called FIRST CONTACT, we've already made contact the ori.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think they are un-cloned asgard- we saw one in stasis in SG1 season 5. It would work with daniel having a history with the people. but simply MHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                          I think they are un-cloned asgard- we saw one in stasis in SG1 season 5. It would work with daniel having a history with the people. but simply MHO.
                          that would be acceptable. but i still don't get the need for the suits....
                          sigpic

Comment

Given that the

Spoiler:

one they shot and captured blew up as soon as they tried to get into the suit, I'd consider that the new 2.0 version suit of the Foothold aliens - since after their encounter with the SGC, they knew they could be captured/incapacitated and that there might not be someone left to activate a manual self-destruct.

Just my opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by weasle View Post
                              I'd have to guess the "Foothold" aliens...only because of this tidbit I saw on another thread from a Shanks interview...

TV Guide: Why is Daniel there?

Shanks: He comes to find a secret lab that contains important technology. Then a batch of unexpected villains shows up. Let's just say, Daniel has a history with them.
                              If thats true it just shows that it may very well be the Ori. After all, Daniel Jackson has a history with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X