Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slashers unite - More random McShep in "Tracker"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slashers unite - More random McShep in "Tracker"?

Can't believe there hasn't been a thread about this yet. When I saw the whole McShep exchange at the beginning of the episode, the Inner Me did a little Squee beause it just screamed "McShep".

SHEPPARD: Hey.
    McKAY: Hey.
    SHEPPARD: Heard you're going offworld.
    McKAY: I'm, uh, assisting with a medical follow-up on M33-985, yes.
    SHEPPARD: With Keller.
    McKAY: Right again.
    SHEPPARD: On your day off.
    McKAY: What, I can't go offworld in my free time?
    SHEPPARD: No, no, go ahead. I just think it's odd that you're volunteering for goodwill missions on your day off.
    McKAY (unconvincingly): Well, I'm turning over a new leaf. It's a whole new, uh, you know, kinder, gentler Rodney McKay.
    (John makes a face)

Why did they dwell on it? In fact, why did they waste several minutes having John question Rodney's motives? It was pretty obvious, why did John probe so much even after Rodney kinda admitted to doing it because of Jennifer?

And that face... priceless. So, Slashers, are you Slashy senses tingling?

"Hell hath no fury like a Sheppard scorned!"
    Last edited by FallenAngelII; 23 September 2008, 02:37 PM.

well...here we go again

Comment

He couldn't possibly have been doing it for his own amusement, watching Rodney squirm, that's too far fetched. No, I agree, the only possible explanation is that Shep is a ***, and is after some bum love with Rodney. I was blind, and now I see!

Comment

If John is JUST Rodney's friend.....Wouldnt't he have tried to give Rodney.. some I don't know pointers? Ask him what he's ganna say or do???

The Only part I saw of Tracker was this part and uh he looked MIFFED!
        Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

You are right, what a scene!
          If John wouldn't have any problem with it at all, wouldn't he just say "Have a nice trip" or "Stay out of trouble"? No, he just turns around and leaves...
          Maybe he was just hoping for a day of playing video games! Poor John

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            He couldn't possibly have been doing it for his own amusement, watching Rodney squirm, that's too far fetched. No, I agree, the only possible explanation is that Shep is a ***, and is after some bum love with Rodney. I was blind, and now I see!
            Maybe the OP wasn't clear enough when it indicated that this thread was for Slashers to express their take on this episode.

We're not suggesting McShep is canon, we're merely amused by how much fodder for it there exists in the series and that this is yet another thing to factor in. If you don't like it, go away. No one's forcing you to come here and be a part of the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
              Maybe the OP wasn't clear enough when it indicated that this thread was for Slashers to express their take on this episode.

We're not suggesting McShep is canon, we're merely amused by how much fodder for it there exists in the series and that this is yet another thing to factor in. If you don't like it, go away. No one's forcing you to come here and be a part of the discussion.
              You don't decide who can post in this thread an who can't.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                You don't decide who can post in this thread an who can't.
                I said you had no right to post in this thread when? I said that no one was forcing you to come into the thread, read it or post in it. If you don't like the theme, just don't bother reading the thread instead of trolling it.

Comment

It's was a perfectly reasonable response to the OP, if you don't like it, take your own advice.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                    Can't believe there hasn't been a thread about this yet. When I saw the whole McShep exchange at the beginning of the episode, the Inner Me did a little Squee beause it just screamed "McShep".

SHEPPARD: Hey.
                    McKAY: Hey.
                    SHEPPARD: Heard you're going offworld.
                    McKAY: I'm, uh, assisting with a medical follow-up on M33-985, yes.
                    SHEPPARD: With Keller.
                    McKAY: Right again.
                    SHEPPARD: On your day off.
                    McKAY: What, I can't go offworld in my free time?
                    SHEPPARD: No, no, go ahead. I just think it's odd that you're volunteering for goodwill missions on your day off.
                    McKAY (unconvincingly): Well, I'm turning over a new leaf. It's a whole new, uh, you know, kinder, gentler Rodney McKay.
                    (John makes a face)

Why did they dwell on it? In fact, why did they waste several minutes having John question Rodney's motives? It was pretty obvious, why did John probe so much even after Rodney kinda admitted to doing it because of Jennifer?

And that face... priceless. So, Slashers, are you Slashy senses tingling?

"Hell hath no fury like a Sheppard scorned!"
                    My slashy senses were tingling alright!

I have only seen this clip from Tracker and couldn't believe how jealous John seemed to be about Rodney going off with Keller and not spending his day off with him.

Loved it!! Don't see what else this scene could have been about (I do always have my slash goggles on though!)
                    sigpic

Comment

Nope. Don't see it. I mean it seemed to me like you're typical school yard exchange in the undertones. It was John ribbing rodney for liking keller and sort of giving him a nudge as if saying "Yeah. Don't worry mate....I know." And Rodney looking understandably nervous seeing as John would potentially mock him mercilessly. Although of course John is the one who knows Rodney and Keller end up together so naturally head be checking up on anything that seems to indicate a budding relationship between them.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                      X