Shorten Introduction Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorten Introduction Again

Now, I ain't a big complainer and a thread was brought up about this for last week's episode, "The Queen", but again this week they shortened the introduction. I am praying to God they won't do it for next weeks episode, "First Contact" which looks awesome! These two episodes might have been a bit longer requiring a shorter introduction, but there are many possibilities. I want to hear your thoughts about this shorten introduction...again...I don't want Atlantis to go out by "throwing up the title and go with it."

So, what'cha think? Think it is gonna continue? (By the way, sorry if there is another thread specifically created for episode "Tracker". I didn't see any specifically regarding last night's episode.)

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

I think it's going to continue, and I hope it does. The short intro is better IMO.

Comment

They changed it because TPB on Sci-fi think we have a short atte
      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Why are people making such a big deal about this? No, really.

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
          Now, I ain't a big complainer and a thread was brought up about this for last week's episode, "The Queen", but again this week they shortened the introduction. I am praying to God they won't do it for next weeks episode, "First Contact" which looks awesome! These two episodes might have been a bit longer requiring a shorter introduction, but there are many possibilities. I want to hear your thoughts about this shorten introduction...again...I don't want Atlantis to go out by "throwing up the title and go with it."

So, what'cha think? Think it is gonna continue? (By the way, sorry if there is another thread specifically created for episode "Tracker". I didn't see any specifically regarding last night's episode.)
          I've seen the intro so many times I could care less whether is was short or not. I download the show from Itunes, and usually just skip the intro because I'm to impatient and want to get to the episode.

Comment

I think when they did it before, they changed it back because of the strong fan response to it. Now they did it to add another commercial, and could care less about the fans since the show is already cancelled. Just another stick Sci-Fi likes to shove up our you know what...
            You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
              They changed it because TPB on Sci-fi think we have a short atte
              Heh, clever. Thankfully, most of us are more than willing to sit through the opening, and many of us even feel it adds to the overall experience.

I, for one, am one of those people, and I have quite the attention sp
              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I love the opening music, I hum and do a mock conductor with a spatula when I am cooking dinner in the evening when it is on at 5pm.
                Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Yup, hacked down to 8 seconds, and I don't see any more episode added, just commercials!

Comment

I much prefer the long opening, as for the short attention span excuse, it's rubbish. If O am watching a DVD I might skip it if its the 3rd episode I've watched that day, but when watching on TV the long into wont make me turn off the show

Comment

That's interesting... I just watched Tracker on iTunes, and the intro was not shortened. It was the good ol' full length one.

Comment

personally dont care if they shorten the intro hell im all for no more intros too, never was a big fan of them in any shows, im the get to the point of person..
                        personally as of now i dont really care i just skip it anyways
                        Last edited by I_haz_a_Cookie; 20 September 2008, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by I_haz_a_Cookie View Post
                          personally dont care if they shorten the intro hell im all for no more intros too, never was a big fan of them in any shows, im the get to the point of person..
                          personally as of now i dont really care i just skip it anyways
                          I agree, having intros at the start is a pain. I honestly don't understand why people are complaining so much about something they have seen a million times before.
                          sigpic

Comment

It's Sci-Fi's decision. A viewer abroad commented last week that his version of the episode contained the normal opening credits.
                            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

The introduction is important to me and many others because of the quality. The quality of Joel Goldsmith's instrumental and the CGI creators' talents of how they set up the intro. I enjoy looking at the opening because the quality in the intro helps create excitement while leading into the show. For SciFi to stop using it after about 7 episodes this season is quite idiotic. Just finish the series with the opening. It will be the last time for new episodes. I want that quality to stay there.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                              and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Working...
                              X