This is a great episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a great episode

Rodney and Ronan are funny together, especially at the beginning.
    The love triangle wasn't melodramatic or soap opera-ish at all
    The beaming tech was cool
    Seeing another runner was cool
    Wraith actually walked through the gate (why did the ancients bother dropping those if everyone just uses ships these days? LOL)
    Rodney running from the wraith was fantastic.

I think this was a solid stargate episode. Reminded me a bit of classic Sg-1 "Deadman Switch"

EDIT: DAMMMIT!! I WROTE "GREAD" instead of "great" ....I feel like an idiot......

It sort of reminded me of that episode too.
    Last edited by Jeff O'Connor; 20 September 2008, 05:18 AM.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I was reminded a bit too much of "runner" myself... same hostage scenario, same cave, same leading the wraith to a village and it being destroyed, same operation in the middle of nowhere. it's a good episode for what it is, although, the love triangle was painful to sit through. I'd score it a 6/10.
      Last edited by naamiaiset; 20 September 2008, 07:46 AM.

Comment

It was more of a cringeworthy episode

Comment

the moment i saw ronon waiting with keller in the gate room i just burst out laughing

Comment

8/10, I loved the part when Rodney was running from the wraith, but I must agree with
            naamiaiset, the episode was too similar to Runner
            WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY 2013

Comment

Originally posted by System Lord Baal View Post
              It was more of a cringeworthy episode
              why do you say that? what was cringeworthy?

Comment

On one hand I am not satisfied that we have quite a lot so called stand alone-eps in this last season of sg-atlantis,there are so many lose ends and as we know they'll even introduce a probably quite exicting new enemy, but nonetheless I did like this episode very much.
                It indeed felt like good old stargate with some funny elements in it and I would have apreciated this ep even more without knowing it's yet another kind of wasted chance to tie up some lose ends.
                Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Comment

The only cringe worthy scene to me is at the very end with McKay and Ronon in the Atlantis gym
                  Last edited by jelgate; 20 September 2008, 10:35 AM.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I liked the episode, but it's true that it was very similar to Runner... I liked how Keller came out, however, I really think her character has undergone a huge development since Missing!
                    Cringe worthy scenes for me were when Ronon was being unnecessarily mean to Rodney...
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by Pic-Collswan

Comment

I liked Rodney an Ronan working together with their tracking. The finale fights were very good too.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

i thought it was a great episode too. McKays reaction to seeing Ronon in the gate room was hilarious. some scenes were a bit a slow however but seeing Rodney actually killing Wraith was good, and Keller's fighting was good to show she has a rough side to her. and isnt completely useless when it comes to defending herself. only thing i would have changed, since id assume we'll never see the runner again, i think we should have had a scene with him getting culled or something after he went through the gate, would have added a bigger impact to the ending. and yeah, you just gotta love rodney and ronon working together

"we could be like batman and ronon"

.. "more like fatman"
                        "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
                        O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
                        Woolsey: What does that mean?
                        O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I liked it A LOT! Definitely 3/4 stars for this one! I think S5 has been very strong so far. I hope it stays so.

~ mh777
                          "You heard me! I said KREE!"

www.heliosaga.com

Comment

Awesome episode.Comparable to early SG-1 episodes

Comment

Originally posted by sarc View Post
                              Awesome episode.Comparable to early SG-1 episodes
                              I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned this. But, I would agree. It was like early SG1. Yeah!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X