Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

teleportation device !! major spoiler alert !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

teleportation device !! major spoiler alert !!!

did anyone else predict as soon as they saw how cool that device was and how awsome it would have been to reverse engineer it that there is no possible way their gonna let it survive the episode? because i sure did, i so wish that they would have let makay keep it or at least tell us the adress to the planet apperently loaded with technology because that would have made for an excelent episode, or possibly a movie.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

im sorry what device are we talking about here?
    The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

He's talking about the device that was showed in the Atlantis episode that aired tonight.

Comment

ahh right i forgot that just aired sorry my mistake... i will come back in a couple of hours after i have watched it
        The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

yea i knew that we wont have it, but mckay had a peak at it and it may help him 'dream it up' or at least think he can 'dream it up' well that doesn't matter because atlantis is done and i don't think they will make a movie about one small device + it wouldn't be too useful for us because we use more defensive combat strategies than runners. as a new tech it's cool to understand but not too useful
          ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Some people are trying to stay spoiler free, so...

DON'T PUT THE SPOILER IN THE TITLE, geesh.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Actually I thought it could either way. I knew they wouldn't get the location of planet it was found on, but it was one device with severe limitations and they haven't had luck at reproducing technology like that in the past. They could have just as easy kept it in Atlantis (or sent it to area 51) under the idea that it's too valuable to give to someone for everyday use and brought it back to solve a particular problem in a follow up episode (or never have gotten around to it as has happened with so many things sent to area 51).

Comment

Alot of time and resources would be wasted trying to reverse engineer a device like that, there are bigger fish to fry after all.

Why have a teleportation device when you can cruise around in a nice cloaked Jumper?
                Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crais View Post
                  Alot of time and resources would be wasted trying to reverse engineer a device like that, there are bigger fish to fry after all.

Why have a teleportation device when you can cruise around in a nice cloaked Jumper?
                  True, cloaked Jumpers are way cool, but you can do that "Nightcrawler" style of fighting we saw at the end: Jump one Wraith, as he buddy turns to shoot you, BAMF to just behind him, stab him as another Wraith charges you, BAMF to he right and blast him. By then, the writers will depleat the power cell, and you have to fight the rest of the fight on your own.

Actually, I thought this gadget was something like a Soudon Cloak: maybe some kinda subspace shunt or 'timestop' device. I mean, a TP device THAT small, with no real controls (targeting sensors, for instance I mean they seem to infer Asgard beam tech takes lot of space and energy), almost seems unbelievable.

You know what I mean.

Comment

reminded me of jumper the film even though that film was rubbish
                    sigpic

Comment

The device was cool.They better let it to Mckay,Sheppard or RononDon't you tink?

Comment

I didn't think it was that great. Yes it has benefits but I feel it is a rehash of several weapons we have seen in the universe.
                        Its also really unpredictable sometimes there is a lag. Sometimes there isn't

Regarding the end:
                        Spoiler:
                        He goes down wastes one wriath. He teleports immediately and kills another. He dials the gate but why didn't he press the button just as he jumped through so as to pretend to go through the gate

Comment

Originally posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post
                          I didn't think it was that great. Yes it has benefits but I feel it is a rehash of several weapons we have seen in the universe.
                          Its also really unpredictable sometimes there is a lag. Sometimes there isn't

Regarding the end:
                          Spoiler:
                          He goes down wastes one wriath. He teleports immediately and kills another. He dials the gate but why didn't he press the button just as he jumped through so as to pretend to go through the gate
                          I believe the device was drained of power at that stage. the real question is why did not Mckay and co order a rescue op when they got back to the Atlantis. Given valuable information the tracker seemed to have. And their was only a small group of wraith after him. They saw the gate address to. A few puddle jumpers and a couple of SGA teams could of extracted him from the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                            I believe the device was drained of power at that stage. the real question is why did not Mckay and co order a rescue op when they got back to the Atlantis. Given valuable information the tracker seemed to have. And their was only a small group of wraith after him. They saw the gate address to. A few puddle jumpers and a couple of SGA teams could of extracted him from the planet.
                            They didn't know the address as they were too far off when he dialed. There was already only a slim chance that he wasn't caught within the first minute, but by time they went through the last 50 addresses he would've been gone (one way or another) for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              I remember early on the episode he said that there is a delay but he uses it twice within like 10 sec. The lasyt jump doesn't even have to be big. It just had to be behind the activated gate so as to believe he went through instead.
                              Of course I was assuming he ran out of power anyway but thought it would have been cool to see him survive (as opposed to missing in action).

Comment

Working...
                              X