Confusion with Michael story arc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confusion with Michael story arc

In the middle of this episode I was extremely confused. Keller just explained who Michael was and Todd said something like

"Yes I know who he [Michael] is. Word of your victory against him spread quickly among my kind."

Now thats not a direct quote but generally that was what Todd said.

Now my problem. To me, that part of the show seems to indicate that Michael is gone, he's done, dead. One less wraith to worry about. I thought that the Atlanteans had just destroyed a few labs and stopped Michael from stealing Teyla's baby. I dont really see how accomplishing these tasks would please the wraith so much so that the word would spread quickly

Can someone clarify? Is Michael dead or something? He seemed pretty alive in the "previously on stargate" scenes. I dont get it.
    Spoiler:

Originally posted by Brain_Child View Post
    In the middle of this episode I was extremely confused. Keller just explained who Michael was and Todd said something like

"Yes I know who he [Michael] is. Word of your victory against him spread quickly among my kind."

Now thats not a direct quote but generally that was what Todd said.

Now my problem. To me, that part of the show seems to indicate that Michael is gone, he's done, dead. One less wraith to worry about. I thought that the Atlanteans had just destroyed a few labs and stopped Michael from stealing Teyla's baby. I dont really see how accomplishing these tasks would please the wraith so much so that the word would spread quickly

Can someone clarify? Is Michael dead or something? He seemed pretty alive in the "previously on stargate" scenes. I dont get it.

What episode? and which season please explain.

Comment

Spoilers for season 5:

Spoiler:
      It's been said in Season 5's second episode, I think, that Michael was spotted alive on some planet or two, indicating that, as they already suspected, that Michael is still very much alive.

He got off the Cruiser in "Search And Rescue" by putting the gene therapy Dr. Beckett has probably supplied him with, into good use and flying Sheppard's Puddle Jumper out of the Cruiser's Dart Bay sometime when the team was talking to Kanaan, in the Cruiser.

Making Michael's Cruiser explode was a 'blow' for him, as he now seems to be without a Wraith ship. But of course, in "The Seed," we learn how to possibly build a Hive Ship, so he might have those kind of projects running, and soon he'll have finished them?

Depending how hard it is to actually build the tech in them, because the organic part is only the hull and walls, right?

Michael will be back in a few episodes. If you want to be spoiled about that, check out the "The Prodigal" thread.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Oh ok, no spoilers for me though on The Prodigal.

It was just that Todd's words seemed to indicate that Michael had died a while back and that it was common knowlegde among the wraith.

Thx for clearing that up.
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Brain_Child View Post
          Oh ok, no spoilers for me though on The Prodigal.

It was just that Todd's words seemed to indicate that Michael had died a while back and that it was common knowlegde among the wraith.

Thx for clearing that up.
          I don't think Todd was meaning that Michael died but that he was defeated in he was stopped from spreading the Hoffan drug and he didn't get away with Teyla's baby.
          What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Eh? I was under the impression that Todd, and the rest of the Wraith for that matter, think that Michael is dead?

Comment

the characters only think he might be dead
              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
              sigpic

Comment

defeated =/= dead; defeated=defeated

They had him on the run and crippled his operations. And the wraith know about it an were impressed. Thats the essence of the convo.

Comment

I'm not convinced, I think they think he's dead.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                    defeated =/= dead; defeated=defeated

They had him on the run and crippled his operations. And the wraith know about it an were impressed. Thats the essence of the convo.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      I'm not convinced, I think they think he's dead.
                      If that were the case, the Wraith would just have to clean up after him, instead of accepting gene therapies that will make sure they don't die from feeding any more, cos they won't, anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                        If that were the case, the Wraith would just have to clean up after him, instead of accepting gene therapies that will make sure they don't die from feeding any more, cos they won't, anymore...
                        What does that mean? There are still whole populations out there who are immune to the feeding process, that won't change because Michael is gone, they're still risking their lives when they feed, even if they can find out which are tainted and which aren't, eventually.

Comment

Working...
                        X