Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Teyla had remained as...? (SPOILERS!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if Teyla had remained as...? (SPOILERS!)

There are people who complain Rachel/Teyla is underutilized in the show, and that her character is stale, and there's even a thread pinning Teyla as the "problem" with Atlantis (to be clear, I'm not attacking anyone). So, what if she had remained a Queen? She's good in the part and I think it could've been an interesting direction to take her character (Michael storyline, Kanaan/Torren, so on aside) and I wouldn't mind seeing her revisit the role myself.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by naamiaiset; 15 September 2008, 05:00 AM.

Yeah I would have liked to have seen her as a queen for a little longer too. Maybe as a 2 parter. It would have been interesting because she probably would have faced alot of ethical questions, like having to decide to cull a planet in order to maintain her cover and etc.

Comment

I certainly would like to see her as a queen for a long-term purpose. Reading the transcript, I was really compelled by the story.

Comment

What if they keeped her queen for one more episode, that had been fantastic!
        “We could be a team. You could be my sidekick.”
        “Sidekick?”
        “Yeah, it’d be like Batman and Ronon. Has a nice ring to it.”
        “Yeah, you keep eating like that it’s going to be more like fatman.”

Comment

At the end when I saw her looking at her hand, I really wanted a side-effect to be that she still had the 'feeding thing' on her hand. As a result in order to sustain herself she would have to feed sometime in the future, or die.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryowolf View Post
            At the end when I saw her looking at her hand, I really wanted a side-effect to be that she still had the 'feeding thing' on her hand. As a result in order to sustain herself she would have to feed sometime in the future, or die.
            Not really. After all, the sucker is a very powerful and feared weapon. Maybe she was just remembering having one.

We know the change is mostly cosmetic. After all, Teyla was the only one who could do it since she already possessed Wraith DNA.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
              We know the change is mostly cosmetic. After all, Teyla was the only one who could do it since she already possessed Wraith DNA.
              That's debatable, Sheppard's statements at the end imply some sort of gene therapy. And her Wraith abilities were amplified supposedly as a result. We might not have seen it in this episode, but we may see it later on.
              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I'd love to see more of queen-Teyla in the future. She was great in the role! I'd like her to... I don't know, play the role long or often enough to begin thinking of those wraith as her people, begin to feel a responsibility towards them. I'd like her to slowly evolve from "The Queen", when she willingly sends them into a suicide mission just to kill as many wraith as possible, to saving them from a danger. And it would be great to see her struggle with such feelings.
                My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                sigpic

Comment

If Teyla had remained queen Todd would have had to kill a few more guys. She had her moments that convince even me but I don't think she could continue the charade for for very long.
                  Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

I was thinking that she actually was going to remain a queen. After she became queen i was so thinking that she might get caught up in the whole world of wraith power and not come back. and i think the last scene with Todd kind of foreshadowed that this may indeed occur in future.

It would be an interesting way to re-energise the Teyla character, kinda like Daniel Jackson becoming a prior in SG1. that was a great storyline, i think something like that, with teyla remaining a queen, would be a nice story. take TJ with her and start a wraith revolution with her new husband michael. (ok, that storyline would be a little out there but its better than the current wraith storylines going around ATM IMO)
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Yes, what a wonderful idea, how she became more wraith-like was not quite revealed fortunately. Imagine if the process was some sort of gene therapy and she started to become more wraith-like in thought. Even the scene where she launched the attack on the other hive ship has a convincing alternative. Their alliance was indeed perceived as weak, evidenced by the other hive ship intruding on their territory, and thus the Queen might need to take drastic action before yet other alliances also began to intrude on their feeding grounds. Even their wraith losses also has a nice spin, less wraith requires less feedings thus putting less pressure on what remains of their feeding grounds. Perhaps Teyla might have known that some of their feeding grounds had been poisoned with the Hoffan drug (thus putting further pressure on their feeding grounds). A wraith queen might weigh the different choices in a manner different than a human, perhaps choosing a reduction in population.

As an aside, the Queen really had an opportunity to chew out the second in command, I mean really only one battery open up on the second hive ship when she gave the order? Heck before her ship was fully (it seemed) firing, the other hive ship had recovered, and was returning fire! That deserved a stern lecture at least!

Anyway, one can imagine more possibilities, like what if Teyla as Queen had fed (wraith-like), how would she deal with that if she went back to being human?

Comment

I think Teyla was definately starting to like being the queen... creeped me out a little.

Comment

what if todd did something to her to make her genetically a wraith?
                          then she would have to feed from humans and maby then she wouldnt wat to go back

many if's

Comment

You know, I actually have a theory to explain that.

We've seen Teyla act like this before. During "The Gift" when her Wraith mental abilities were unleashed and the Wraith were on their way to Atlantis. Maybe this aggressiveness is linked to another personality that was almost always dormant in Teyla. Perhaps Michael may have sensed that and that's why he's so fascinated in her.

Aggressive, confused, ruthless. Hell, even people who liked her the most suspected that Teyla had attacked Bates (though she was later vindicated).
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

No. She was used as a tool in Todd's plan. She was just the person who could pass as a Queen because they wouldn't recognize the human side of her.

Teyla has to be Teyla, the Athosian leader. The person who chose to be a part of the expedition and fight against the right. I want to see that person and not the tool she was in this episode.

She didn't come to be herself until she blew that ship to smithereens. That's when I saw Teyla and not the plotdevice she was supposed to be.

If TPTW can't write stories for Teyla that don't entail the Wraith or her connection with them, then they should never have invented this character in the first place, or they should have dumped her instead of Ford.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                              X