No Andee Frizzell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Andee Frizzell?

So does anyone know why Andee wasn't in this ep as the Wraith Queen Primary?

IMO she's done a bang up job as various queens over the years.
    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

It's possible the actress wasn't available, although it makes sense that different people would play the queens from time to time. Otherwise Teyla would be sniffed out right away as an imposter because RL's character doesn't look like Andee Frizzell in make-up.

Comment

Yes availability might have something to do with it or perhaps they were going for something distinct this time around since she was suppose to be a "Primary Queen."
      Spoiler:
      She didn't have the biggest part anyway.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Hiya Gater's!

**snip**

Now to address something a little more serious, RUMOUR or REAL....another actress is playing a Wraith Queen in Season 5. This is REAL........all I can say is there is a very good reason for this. Keep tuned into the show to find out why............( its pretty cool ) I've said too much already.........Yikes!

**snip**
        http://blog.andeefrizzell.com/index....16-whasssss-up
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
          So does anyone know why Andee wasn't in this ep as the Wraith Queen Primary?
          IMO, Andee is too tall compared to Rachel Luttrell, which would have make Teyla appear ridiculously small despite her incredibly high heels. But although I liked most previous queens, I liked the new one a lot too. It's great to see different actresses in the role, although the makeup team alredy made a great job at giving each previous queen a different look.
          My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
          Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
            IMO, Andee is too tall compared to Rachel Luttrell, which would have make Teyla appear ridiculously small despite her incredibly high heels. But although I liked most previous queens, I liked the new one a lot too. It's great to see different actresses in the role, although the makeup team alredy made a great job at giving each previous queen a different look.
            Now that you mentioned it, it was funny watching Todd and Teyla together when they stand beside each other. Chris H was just so tall there was such a big difference in heights that even the high heels didn't seem to help much...
            "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
              Exactly. Andee playing opposite Rachel - even for just a moment - would have looked very odd, especially with Rachel being only about navel-high on Andee. She did, however, look adorable standing next to Todd.

das
              sigpic

Comment

I've always found her acting cringeworthy. Especially more recently, like in Spoils of War.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                  I've always found her acting cringeworthy. Especially more recently, like in Spoils of War.
                  I thought her acting in Spoils of War was amazing. I didn't like her acting in No Man's Land though. It's like she caught a football and ran in the opposite direction, but that may have had more to do with her part.

As for Andee... I guess they're trying to get some variation in the Queens so that Teyla could play the part better and to show that not all Wraith are uber tall.
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

It makes sense that the "Primary" was a different actress. as all the ther queens/keeper we have seen were all regular ones, the primary must be different and stand out, look different. besides, she only had a short part in the episode anyways!
                    sigpic
                    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                      As for Andee... I guess they're trying to get some variation in the Queens so that Teyla could play the part better and to show that not all Wraith are uber tall.
                      That's my guess as well. Frizzell is 6'1 and Luttrell well, isn't. If they were going to make it at all believable that Teyla could pass for a Wraith queen they were going to have to show that not all Wraith queens are necessarily as tall as Frizzell's queens have been.

I don't think this primary was meant to be any sort of special caste and that's why she looked different. She just happened to be the top queen in that alliance, a job that anyone who could kill their boss could have had, as Teyla showed.

Comment

*Raises hand to ask a stupid question*

If all the drones are clones (hey Rhyme) Are the Queens Clones too??

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
                        Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                          Wraith warriors are not clones on a general rule. Only during the war with the Ancients (and in "Spoils of War") did wraith clone warriors. And as far as we know, they didn't even clone faced wraith.
                          My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                          Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
                            The only ones that are suppossed to be clones are the noface guys. The others it's not clear how they're created. The males are probably made by queens but queens are an unknown given that it's been established they start out as children.

The explanation given for the similar appearence of the faced males and queens as I recall was that their species lacks the form diversity and subtle variation our does. So there are no big nosed Wraith, or short wraith or wraith with overbites. All of them look more or less the same, just like say all adult wasps look more or less the same.

That's pretty much out the window with the later season now though so it's got to be some sort of bloodline thing I would guess. Queens are likely created by other queens, with greater difficulty, though they start out as babies form for some reason. They're also likely created in their mother's image due to her genetic material being used to make them. That would account for why most of them look like Andee Frizzell. That "morph" is just the one that's the most prolific, and while others do exist they're not as successful as the Frizzell type queen morph.

There's even a really good built in explanation as to why they're so successful to. Queens can usurp power simply through killing their predecessors in physical confrontations and the Frizzell type queens are all larger and stronger than the other female morphs, giving them a tangible advantage in the number of successful Klingon promotion's they're going to collectively accumulate over the millenia.

Comment

It makes me wonder if there are not different varieties of Wraith, similar to ants and bees. I'm not an entomologist, but there are differences between, say for example, carpenter ants and fire ants, or honey bees and bumble bees. If Todd's faction of Wraith has the shorter, darker Queens, perhaps a tall Andee Queen impersonator would be automatically rejected as foreign to the group.
                              Perhaps the bald Wraith (see also Sateda) are specific to this group of Wraith also?

Comment

Working...
                              X