No announcement yet.

Do the Wraith have names?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naming all the wraith...pff. I wouldn't want to be a queen in that case. Try to name over 1000 "children "as that's what they are. She must be soon out of inspiration. And as competitive those queens are they probably would want to give their minions the most original names.

I think their telepathical abilties do play a role in it. Maybe they do not have the need for a name but they send an "internal message" to the other wraith like "hey, need to speak to you." That's why the drones have enough with a nodd from the queen or commander. They just use a handy mix of telepathy and vocal speech. Just a hunch.
    Last edited by Thorthewraith; 11 February 2011, 10:09 AM.
    On your knees human!! *hiss*

Comment

I liked how they were choosing not to answer when they were asked if they had personal names. Kind of like they were keeping the most precious of secrets secret.
      sigpic

Comment

Todd was born in the closing stages of the Lantean-Wraith war, and took part in the final assault on Atlantis some 10,000 years before present time. Early in his life he received his Wraith name "Guide" for the quality his mind had in Wraith telepathic communication - the feel of "one who goes alone, ahead. One who is sure-footed and certain, capable of finding a way for others who follow behind."[2]

[....]

Sometime after, Guide, as Snow's Consort, fathered a daughter, Alabaster. When Alabaster was in the Wraith equivalent of adolescence, in approximately 1990, Snow's hive came under attack by a rival group of Wraith. The hive critically damaged, Snow ordered Guide to ensure the safety of Alabaster at the expense of her own survival;
        ^from Stargate Wiki

I hate the name Alabaster .. stupid. lol I guess a lot of the information from that article is from the books that were written based on the series. Guide supposedly had a daughter before his capture by the Genii. I guess we now know how the Wraith reproduce.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X