Todd's Queen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todd's Queen?

It would be interesting to know how Todd viewed Teyla by the end of the episode. "Forgive me" "This is how it is done with our kind." At the end when she's leaving and they're talking, he gets quite defensive there, and he sounds slightly nervous. I think he may have started to see her as his Queen, not just as a human pretending to be a queen.
    And on a side note: Did anybody else notice the feeding slit on Telya's hand when Todd hands her the knife after he killed the primary? It makes me wonder how 'deep' her transformation was. Sheppard's comment at the end adn the way she looks at her hand makes me think that she could have fed if she so chose.
    Last edited by Not Telling; 13 September 2008, 08:21 PM.
    sigpic
    Yeah... I know

Originally posted by NotTelling
    It would be interesting to know how Todd viewed her. "Forgive me" "This is how it is done with our kind." At the end when she's leaving and they're talking, he gets quite defensive there, and he sounds slightly nervous. I think he may have started to see her as his Queen, not just as a human pretending to be a queen.
    I think it might be due in part to todd's instinct, especially when he bows away from teyla after she says he should've informed her of his plan. I also think he holds a new respect for her by the end of the episode though.

Originally posted by NotTelling
    And on a side note: Did anybody else notice the feeding slit on Telya's hand when Todd hands her the knife after he killed the primary? It makes me wonder how 'deep' her transformation was. Sheppard's comment at the end adn the way she looks at her hand makes me think that she could have fed if she so chose.
    even if she was able to feed, I couldn't see teyla's conscience letting her.
    Last edited by naamiaiset; 13 September 2008, 10:52 AM.

Comment

I'm not so sure she wouldn't if she had to. She destroyed a hive because she had to.

There's no telling what she'd do if she was effected by the need to feed. The fact that the feeling may be so foreign to her may drive her instincts out of control and although she wouldn't do it if she was Teyla, she was far from the Teyla we know and loved in this episode. I think even she realized that when her ship was getting blown to pieces by the enemy hive, even though they had the upper hand initially.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

The slit was present because its absence would have aroused suspicion, plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
          The slit was present because its absence would have aroused suspicion, plain and simple.
          I agree.

But everything was only cosmetical as I don't think they had the technology to actually turn her into a wraith.
          They failed making wraiths human and that was even a logical try in some way. Why would they want to create wraiths. Why would the wraith want less food and more hungry wraith. Noone would have any interest in this technology nor was it ever mentioned even slightly so I am sure there is none.
          Also, I cannot believe Teyla would actually do this.

Comment

Originally posted by BuggyMan View Post

But everything was only cosmetical as I don't think they had the technology to actually turn her into a wraith.
            They failed making wraiths human and that was even a logical try in some way. Why would they want to create wraiths. Why would the wraith want less food and more hungry wraith. Noone would have any interest in this technology nor was it ever mentioned even slightly so I am sure there is none.
            Also, I cannot believe Teyla would actually do this.
            I disagree. They claim to be able to manipulate Wraith DNA to the extent that they can "cure" the need to feed, they did effectively turn Wraiths into humans (at least as long as they were taking medication) and surely when Sheppard was undergoing his conversion there were tests done and samples taken. I think it would have been much more believable if Teyla had been given some kind of chemical treatment to change her physiology rather than the (absurd, IMO) plastic surgery.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
              I'm not so sure she wouldn't if she had to. She destroyed a hive because she had to.
              I don't think there was too much of the "had too" there when she destroyed that hive. It seemed to me that she was more than happy to kill Wraith in service of the mission. Remember, her father was culled. She never lost any sleep over destroying that hive, believe me.
              It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
              --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by Not Telling View Post
                I expected a scene where the queen offered Teyla to feed on a human and ensuing chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                  I think it would have been much more believable if Teyla had been given some kind of chemical treatment to change her physiology rather than the (absurd, IMO) plastic surgery.
                  ...I thought they did. Didn't Keller say something about gene therapy?
                  Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                  I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                  What have these years left to me?
                  Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy View Post
                    ...I thought they did. Didn't Keller say something about gene therapy?
                    That one was to remove the need to feed.

Comment

I agree that Teyla would never have fed, I was just pointing out that she physically could have, and was probably feeling the desire to do so.
                      I notice that's what everybody's focusing on in this thread, though.
                      sigpic
                      Yeah... I know

Comment

I really don't think teyla would have feed.
                        I agree that it was just for looks as not to arouse suspicion.
                        Plus, Michael's research was looking into how to create a wraith that wouldn't need to feed. His research is how they really knew how to change her. Even with Todd's help, they would not have been able to really give her the ability to fed.

anyway, if she had fed, they would have showed it.
                        Proud Sam/Jack, Daniel/Vala and Rodney/Jennifer shipper.
                        RIP Don S. Davis
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Not Telling View Post
                          It would be interesting to know how Todd viewed Teyla by the end of the episode. "Forgive me" "This is how it is done with our kind." At the end when she's leaving and they're talking, he gets quite defensive there, and he sounds slightly nervous. I think he may have started to see her as his Queen, not just as a human pretending to be a queen.
                          *nods* completely agree with that. i did notice. teyla seemed to handle being a queen fairly well. abit longer and she could have lost her-self to her 'wraith instincts'. she seemed to have todd shaking in his leather boots
                          sigpic

Comment

To be honest, I don't think Todd was shaking in anything but fury when it came to the scene of Teyla's private little speech at the end. I thought his hand movements showed his desire to feed on her for her presumption. Think of it for a moment, not only is she a "lowly" human but he taught HER how to be a Wraith Queen and she dares to speak to him in that way... he how is so much older and more powerful than her? If he didn't have the proper self-control, Teyla wouldn't have walked out in one peace.. and she couldn't do anything about that.

Throughout Teyla's time on the Kenny's hive and in the teaching scene we saw, Todd doesn't act as if she is the queen. We don't even see that Todd allows any interaction with Kenny's crew at all. You would think for Teyla's acting to be convincing Todd would want her to interact with a wraith crew that knows what she is to get out the bugs. (Pun not intended.) He doesn't seem to allow that so that makes me think her change is really only cosmetic.

In the second Hive, under the pretense of her queen ship, I think Todd spoke to her as he did because he was playing in character. Is easier for them both if while undercover some pretense is maintained. It's why when she attacks the other hive Todd makes no move to stop her and only verbally reprimands her quietly. Todd doesn't think of her as Queen.

Don't think I don't blame Teyla for trying to kill Wraith. Through killing rival hives is something the wraith happily seem to do, I doesn't think her willingness to kill wraith was a wraithy reaction, instead I think it was a very human reaction. She has been afraid of these people for her whole life and now she is in the position to kill some of them, I would do the same thing. (And I love the wraith)
                            Last edited by WraithQueenH; 12 October 2009, 04:47 PM. Reason: Spacing was messed up
                            WraithQueenH

"You are more like Wraith than you know."
                            "I'm not sure I like the sound of that."
                            "There is much about Wraith that you do not know, Sheppard."
                            - John Sheppard and Todd, "Common Ground"

"We all agree the Ancients were pretty screwed up. All the ones I met were arrogant and condescending and not for good reason. Now they made giant mistakes and never fixed them." - John Sheppard

Comment

To be honest, I don't think Todd was shaking in anything but fury when it came to the scene of Teyla's private little speech at the end. I thought his hand movements showed his desire to feed on her for her presumption. Think of it for a moment, not only is she a "lowly" human but he taught HER how to be a Wraith Queen and she dares to speak to him in that way... he how is so much older and more powerful than her? If he didn't have the proper self-control, Teyla wouldn't have walked out in one peace.. and she couldn't do anything about that.
                              I think that the speech at the end is "a learned lesson." However Todd must have been shocked (what was actually a very funny scene yes)
                              Remember when she was talking to the "prisoners" as friends and the bald wraith was earsdropping. I think she didn't want to risk that twice so she acted as she did. They were still on another hive!!
                              On your knees human!! *hiss*

Comment

Working...
                              X