How did Teyla change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateTrek View Post
    At the end of The Queen, Teyla was RECOVERING 2 weeks after the mission was over!
    I'm not sure, but the 2 week deal actually would make sense if she had reconstructive cosmetic surgery not once, but twice...
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
      Actually Ouro, Todd could have used anyone he wanted. The reasoning for Teyla however went much more than a small amount of Wraith DNA. Remember, it would not be difficult to give a human Wraith mental abilities, as evidenced in "The Gift".

Teyla had very strong mental abilities, abilities he himself was witness to. The fact that she could control a queen if she had to made her the only candidate that he believed could be believable.

Teyla also has been exposed to a Queen's mind more than once. And she is the leader of a people (the Athosians). She has leadership experience, experience with the Wraith, experience with Wraith mental abilities. Although he could use anyone in the galaxy, he chose Teyla because of those abilities.
      I however doubt that Todd would have waited 5-7 generations of breeding with that person's line just to the point where the result was a human who could control it, shield their heads from being automatically connected to the hivemind.

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
      They didn't need to "sniff Michael out," they noticed he was different, but already knew the situation. With Teyla, Todd trained her, and also, how much contact have those Wraith had with queens? Aside from the one commander, who did notice, probably the bulk of them had never even spoken to another queen (outside of their own).
      But isn't that a bit contradictory? Saying that Michael isn't trained to be a Wraith, they just notice he's no longer one? All he physically had, was a haircut.

Connor, I think, has said that Michael very much tried to be a Wraith when in his Hive, but it didn't work. In contact with the Lanteans, he tried to be more human, on purpose, but with Teyla, he can be more of himself.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
        I'm not sure, but the 2 week deal actually would make sense if she had reconstructive cosmetic surgery not once, but twice...
        She was feeling stiff and sore, like when Michael needed physiotherapy in "Michael".

That could be a 'retrovirus' reference?

Although, what was Todd pointing at?

I don't think you can just take up a scalpel and turn the human skin into something thicker and green veined?

Comment

I'm actually a medical professional and I have seen some really strange stuff. Has anyone seen the "Lizard" man with the forked tongue, or the person that actually had whiskers surgically implanted and leopard spots tatooed on them? You can have all sorts of shapes implanted under the skin and tatoo art has come a long way. If we can do that now, with our rudimentary surgeons' skills, think what you could do with a whole parcel of alien technology and the knowledge of the Ancients.
          "You look absolutely...delicious!" (Last words heard by several various Atlanteans.)

Comment

i totally agree with brain child. adding just one line would have been a good solution. and normally the writers know quite well what they are doing. it seems to me it must have seemed to the director that it was more or less obvious what the procedure did - so they cut further explanations.

from my point of view the already mentioned last scene and the fact that SIMPLY NO cosmetic surgery comes without scars that disaapear within two weeks indicate a retrovirus of some kind or another genetic modification.

i guess well have to wait for the directors commentary on the dvd for that riddle to be solved...

Comment

prosthetics. i hear they do it on tv all the time.

the 2 weeks referred to the time it took to get her complexion back, after the stage glue ripped the skin off her face.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwester Loretta View Post
                i totally agree with brain child. adding just one line would have been a good solution. and normally the writers know quite well what they are doing. it seems to me it must have seemed to the director that it was more or less obvious what the procedure did - so they cut further explanations.

from my point of view the already mentioned last scene and the fact that SIMPLY NO cosmetic surgery comes without scars that disaapear within two weeks indicate a retrovirus of some kind or another genetic modification.

i guess well have to wait for the directors commentary on the dvd for that riddle to be solved...
                I doubt they would have gone along with a plot where they had to cut Teyla open in several places, just for her to save Todd's yummy small bum, because that's all they seemed to have been done so far. (The treatment isn't handed out yet.)

Commentary? Lol. Fat chance? Hopefully, yes, but I'm not expecting it.

Why isn't Joe Mallozzi explaining it on his blog, if they have the solution?

Comment

It doesn't surprise me that they didn't provide a satisfying explanation about the operation. After all, Stargate's writers did it since the first episode, by not telling how everyone understand each other... (the debate we usually call "why do everyone speak english?").

The writer of The Queen probably had a brilliant idea of a story, and when they were writing the screenplay, they noticed "Oh, we forgot one thing... how can Teyla be a Wraith Queen? she looks human"... then someone said "Nevermind, we don't have time now, let's just feed the audience with some quick genetic operation garbage; they watch star trek too, so they'll buy it. And they'll forget about it because they'll be busy saying 'WOW, what a great episode'."...

Comment

Working...
                  X