How did Teyla change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did Teyla change?

The only thing that irks me is how did they change Teyla into a wraith?

Did they alter her DNA to make her a full blown wraith or did she just get plastic surgery?

That is the only thing that irks me.. The fact that it wasn't a 2 parter made me sad but how did she change??

Go Green

I know, I guess Teyla was both a plastic surgeon and a mask/modeling artist

Comment

...why should she be a plastic surgon?

You don't operate on yourself.. unless you are Ronon hahaha

Go Green

Comment

Magnets
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah it felt almost like they deliberately didn't go into too much detail about how exactly they changed her. I want to say it was some sort of retrovirus of the week aimed at making her more geneticaly Wraith, since I have a hard time believing a ship full of them wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a genuine Wraith queen and a human with trace amounts of Wraith DNA wearing a mask.

Comment

good question.....if it was possible to completely change someone to a wraith, why woouldn't michael do that to himself? or have his minions do it?
            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
            sigpic

Comment

Teyla's transformation was totally glossed over in that it was some kind of medical procedure. If you think about it too much, your brain will melt.

I really don't think that, say, if this was a transformation, that she could be back to normal in two weeks. I mean, Shep wasn't that far gond in "Conversion."

However, I seriously doubt the writers of the episode could explain it either

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                Teyla's transformation was totally glossed over in that it was some kind of medical procedure. If you think about it too much, your brain will melt.

I really don't think that, say, if this was a transformation, that she could be back to normal in two weeks. I mean, Shep wasn't that far gond in "Conversion."

However, I seriously doubt the writers of the episode could explain it either
                nope like many things in stargate you just need to accept that it happen
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

That was one of the only thing that bothered me about the episode.... I mean the writers could have come up with something. Reverse retreovirus, plastic surgery, a cool mask, whatever. Just a one line mention of what it actually was would of been nice.

Comment

It reminds me of when Deanna Troi was changed into a Romulan. I wonder if they somehow reversed the effects of the retro virus? Instead of changing Wraith into humans, humans were changed into Wraith.
                    That is just my two cents.

Comment

It could be anything from Carson's retrovirus to Micheal's research even some plastic surgery. Maybe a combination of all of the above, who knows!

Comment

Since Teyla already possesses Wraith superpowers (telepathy, Wraith tech control, super strength/speed), why would it need to be more than cosmetic surgery?
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                          Since Teyla already possesses Wraith superpowers (telepathy, Wraith tech control, super strength/speed), why would it need to be more than cosmetic surgery?
                          Because they've already established with Michael that other Wraith can sniff out the human "taint" of a halfbreed and that it repulses them, and Michael was a lot closer to being a full Wraith than Teyla is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                            Yeah it felt almost like they deliberately didn't go into too much detail about how exactly they changed her. I want to say it was some sort of retrovirus of the week aimed at making her more geneticaly Wraith, since I have a hard time believing a ship full of them wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a genuine Wraith queen and a human with trace amounts of Wraith DNA wearing a mask.

if a retro virus could make anyone a wraith then teyla wouldnt have been the only choice like todd said. plus the one wraith todd killed said he could sense that teyla wasnt who she claimed to be my guess is because she only has a little wraith dna so she seemed weaker than most queens but she still passed.

and all it was is plastic surgery. todd was just there to advise them on how she should look and maybe they also altered her vocal cords a little but thats pretty much the extent of her transformation.
                            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                              if a retro virus could make anyone a wraith then teyla wouldnt have been the only choice like todd said. plus the one wraith todd killed said he could sense that teyla wasnt who she claimed to be my guess is because she only has a little wraith dna so she seemed weaker than most queens but she still passed.

and all it was is plastic surgery. todd was just there to advise them on how she should look and maybe they also altered her vocal cords a little but thats pretty much the extent of her transformation.
                              Then how do you account for Michael and his first group of hybrids/test subjects? They were rejected by the Wraith because the others could tell that there was still something wrong with him, something different, even after he'd "reverted" as far back to being a full Wraith as he was going to, which is a lot closer than Teyla.

Simple plastic surgery couldn't hide Teyla's humaness from them if they could still detect it in Michael. They would have to go to further lenths, either by transforming her with a retrovirus or augmenting the visual changes with some sort of additional organ implants that generate pheromones or psychic waves or whatever it is Wraith use to identify each other.

Personally I'd just say it was a reverse retrovirus. It was only going to work on Teyla because she was the only one that had traces of Wraith DNA for the virus to work with, just like it needs residual traces of human DNA to turn a Wraith into a human.

It's all either horrible bad science or a continuity contradiction either way which is probably why they didn't spend much time on the details of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X