No announcement yet.

Credits Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci Fi are right. People in this day and age don't want to sit through a title sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
      When playing the SG-1 DVDs, I just scroll past them most of the time.
      In SGA DVD set for season 1,3 and 4 you were able to hit the 'next chapter' button on your remote and it would skip just the credits, however in season two if you hit the next chapter button it would skip the credits and about 10 minutes of the episode too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
      MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Sci Fi are right. People in this day and age don't want to sit through a title sequence.
        I do.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          yup people don't want to be bothered with it anymore.

it doesn't bother me at all that the 1 min opening is gone
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            yup people don't want to be bothered with it anymore.

it doesn't bother me at all that the 1 min opening is gone
            It bothers me. Back in season 2 enough of us complained about the shortened credits that they put the full ones back on the show. The 1 minute opening is part of my SGA fix.
            "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
            'Eleanor Roosevelt'
            Individuality is freedom lived.
            'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Sorry, old school here..

I have DVD's of older shows and the actual shows ran 53 minutes, then went down to 50 (Farscape 1st season), then 48 (early SG-1?) then 45, now around 42, especially with shortened title sequences.

The public's attention span is shorter and shorter, and the networks are more than glad to put commercials in there instead.

This inevitably leads to shorter shows, which also don't take as long to download as downloading is a new way of delivering video content. Another plus for studios.

I prefer longer opening sequences for art and media sake. I do see it going away thought

Next, unfortunately, will be full length movies getting rid of opening sequences as well...

Comment

They already do, and it's a good thing IMO. They're totally unnecessary.

Comment

Working...
                X