Credits Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credits Anyone?

Did anyone happen to realize that Sci-Fi decided to only show a fragment of the introductory credits? The excerpt only contained the executive producers slide. Is the episode seriously too long that they had to cut the credits out? It reminded me of "200," except not funny.

Maybe the episode went on too long and TPTB asked Sci-Fi to do that so we could have an extra minute to the show. If thats the case I'm fine with it.

Comment

Well, last time this happened, it was the twenty franchise episodes produced during the SG-1 9.0/SGA 2.0 period. But that was from start to finish in those blocks, so it could have been a different story. If not, however, then it should be said that the reason for all those episodes having abbreviated sequences is more commercial airtime.
      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by TiberiusEsuriens View Post
        Did anyone happen to realize that Sci-Fi decided to only show a fragment of the introductory credits? The excerpt only contained the executive producers slide. Is the episode seriously too long that they had to cut the credits out? It reminded me of "200," except not funny.
        Wasn't the one from "200" only five seconds?

Comment

Who cares if the intro was used? I loved the episode and I usually just space out during the credits, seen them so many times. Besides, when did the intro become a part of the show? They showed the names in the beginning regardless.
          I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

When playing the SG-1 DVDs, I just scroll past them most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by melfan View Post
              Who cares if the intro was used? I loved the episode and I usually just space out during the credits, seen them so many times. Besides, when did the intro become a part of the show? They showed the names in the beginning regardless.
              Say what you will, but I tend to care. It just feels like part of the lasting experience for me; so few shows have meaty and legitimate theme songs of their own these days (as '200' pointed out) and I love Joel's music, too.
              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                Say what you will, but I tend to care. It just feels like part of the lasting experience for me; so few shows have meaty and legitimate theme songs of their own these days (as '200' pointed out) and I love Joel's music, too.
                Big deal if the episode didn't have the intro. If it is for one episode becasue it was running long I understand, but if they go from having the intro to cutting it all together, now that is a whole different story
                I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Big deal if the episode didn't have the intro. If it is for one episode becasue it was running long I understand, but if they go from having the intro to cutting it all together, now that is a whole different story
                  See, that's the thing. I haven't seen any confirmation that the episode ran a bit longer than usual. Does anyone have documentation or a file, or a lot of time on their hands, who can confirm this?

I don't give a damn if it was one episode, either. I do give a damn if it's the rest of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                    See, that's the thing. I haven't seen any confirmation that the episode ran a bit longer than usual. Does anyone have documentation or a file, or a lot of time on their hands, who can confirm this?

I don't give a damn if it was one episode, either. I do give a damn if it's the rest of the series.
                    I think it was just for this episode that the intro wasn't used, and we will be seeing them for the next episode. They have had episodes in the past where they didn't have the intro. Not just this one

Comment

Yeah that's what i thought....Maybe they didn't want to cut any bits out so they cut the credits instead...If that's the case i don't have a problem with that
                      sigpic

Comment

I think it was just for this episode that the intro wasn't used, and we will be seeing them for the next episode. They have had episodes in the past where they didn't have the intro. Not just this one
                        Which ones? The only ones that are like that which I can recall are all of 9.0 and 2.0 of SG-1 and SGA, respectively. In which case, it was entirely a network decision to give advertisers more time, and it lasted for ten episodes in a row apiece.

Comment

It runs 42:33 withoud ads - that is like every episode. So they made room for Screen time and not for ads.
                          The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                            It runs 42:33 withoud ads - that is like every episode. So they made room for Screen time and not for ads.
                            Wait, I'm a little confused here. You said 'like every episode', but then you said that it was to make room for screen time rather than ads. That seems to contradict; either that, or I'm just really tired?

Comment

Obviously the packaged DVDs will have the full intro.

Comment

Working...
                              X