No announcement yet.

Kush (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think, 'real' druitt vs 'fantasy' druitt...before helen realized their dreams were being manipulated, she could 'indulge' herself in her memories. she could let herself remember the 'good times', but once she realized that the creature was manipulating them, then she rationally knew it couldn't be druitt in her head, so she wouldn't see the 'good times druitt', she would see the real one

what's interesting is that he was trying to help her or warn her. so, i think, her 'betrayal, by him is an influence in how she treats/sees people. i think her experience with john took a lot of the naivete out of her and gave her the cynicism that she needs to survive
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      i think, 'real' druitt vs 'fantasy' druitt...before helen realized their dreams were being manipulated, she could 'indulge' herself in her memories. she could let herself remember the 'good times', but once she realized that the creature was manipulating them, then she rationally knew it couldn't be druitt in her head, so she wouldn't see the 'good times druitt', she would see the real one

what's interesting is that he was trying to help her or warn her. so, i think, her 'betrayal, by him is an influence in how she treats/sees people. i think her experience with john took a lot of the naivete out of her and gave her the cynicism that she needs to survive
      Very insightful. The real versus fantasy druitt ideas.

The reason I couldn't understand what Druitt was doing, was because he helped her, which I didn't think the monster manipulation/hallucination would do. Maybe it was because Helen was beginning to control the monster's effect on her?

I'm sure Druitt completely changed Helen's view of the world. Been there, done that myself.
      Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
      Quint Studer

Comment

I thought Silvio was a vampire meaning he couldn't die from a simple stab wound? Too dark (literally), too boring (the action seemed to stall at times), too predictable (I suspected Allison 10 minutes into the episode), Amanda/Helen seems to randomly lose her accent throughout the episode, Will features too much, Ashley and Bigfoot (my faves) are almost non-existent. Lamest episode so far 6/10...
        Last edited by silly sally; 25 October 2008, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          REALLY liked this episode. My favourite so far. I loved seing more Helen. I'm loving her sense of humour so nice to see more of that here. Not only the comments about coffee but I like her telling Allison about the other creatures and then saying she only made two of them up. I'm also liking her compassion for others. Great look by AT after they put that guy in the small enclosure.

Sorry to see Silvio die, I was starting to like him a lot.

I don't think I've ever heard DN speak other than in Atlantis so starnge hearing him without an accent. Small role but I thought he did a wondeful job.

I had no clue who was the bad guy. Either too tired after a long week or just not as smart as you all.

I'm with Antoa about AT and CH. I think they are fabulous together. So looking forward to more of that.
          I agree on all points. Loved the Helen/Will banter about coffee and it was especially cool how that helped Helen figure it out the monster in the end.

Loved Helen comforting Allison about telling stories about her other close calls, though I wonder which was the one she wasn't making up.

Without the hair and accent it took me forever to remember David Nykl was in this episode. He did a great job with small part. I also really liked Silvio, Tashi, and the other guest characters, and I wish they hadn't all died.

And AT and CH are just made of awesome. Though I did have a flashback to Grace when Druitt said he was a manifestation of her subconscious so she could say what she liked to him.

I didn't guess Allison as the monster on the first viewing, but on the second one I noticed that during the first of blood test, she was the one who took the belligerent guy's blood. Probably should have caught that the first time around, but I was pretty fried while watching it. *curses her class schedule again*

I can't to see how they redress this set for Requiem. I thought MW did a great job filming in such a confined space.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
            I wondered that, too. He was the only current Druitt and actually woke her up before the danger occurred. Hmmm. I wondered if he was a real Druitt who arrived by space/time warping (but we don't see the space warp graphic)? Or, a real Helen memory, not manipulated by the monster?

What I got out of the Helen/Druitt scenes is how much she still loves him - it seems like she could fall for him again from the look in her eyes. How scary is that?!?
            my mom really loved that scene! she 'awed' when he said she needed to wake up now.

i like the effect druit has on helen. he's her big weakness, because she fell in love with him before she became more worldly and realistic. and jaded. and she feels responsible for his condition? why? did her blood turn him bad, or did it only prolong his life and he was able to be bad longer and worse? i'm sure we'll find out eventually.

i also think helen's other big weakness is ashley.

I love that Helen has Sanctuary sites all over the world!!
            i missed that part. where did she say that?

The guy who played Braun was on SG -1, Company of Thieves I think?
            he was the typical jerk, but i felt sorry for him when they stuck him in the safe, or whatever it was.

I love seeing all the SG people!! I like that they have work, and seeing them play something completely different is cool.
            i wouldn't have known that was zelenka if i hadn't read about it prior to the ep. sorry david n.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
            I agree on all points. Loved the Helen/Will banter about coffee and it was especially cool how that helped Helen figure it out the monster in the end.
            that was VERY cool! and i loved how as soon as helen realized it wasn't zimmerman, she blowed him/it away. no hesitation. brave. and scarey.

Loved Helen comforting Allison about telling stories about her other close calls, though I wonder which was the one she wasn't making up.
            another great scene.

but what were all the things helen said to her? sometimes i have probs hearing what's said on this show.

I also really liked Silvio, Tashi, and the other guest characters, and I wish they hadn't all died.
            yeah, too bad they died. they ALL died. but i liked tashi the most. don't know why.

And AT and CH are just made of awesome. Though I did have a flashback to Grace when Druitt said he was a manifestation of her subconscious so she could say what she liked to him.
            do you think there's a possibility that it really was john, coming to her in her dreams? i know he can do all that jumping through time and such, but maybe...

I didn't guess Allison as the monster on the first viewing, but on the second one I noticed that during the first of blood test, she was the one who took the belligerent guy's blood. Probably should have caught that the first time around, but I was pretty fried while watching it. *curses her class schedule again*
            this surprise was ruined for me, because i just HAD to skim through ppl's reviews before it came on for me. but i 'think' i would have suspected her after belligerent guy's death, because as you said, she's the one that handled his blood and could have faked something.

for my review (abridged version, because i've just responded to things already):

i think this show is getting better and better! a very intense script, and, for me, surprised me and kept me guessing. i didn't feel it was by-the-numbers writing at all, which i can't say for all the shows i watch. i like shows that make you think and make you have to pay attention.

k, some other things i enjoyed that i haven't commented on -

*LOVED ashley's line to helen just before they hung up, with ash saying it was good to hear her (can't remember ash's exact words). mother/daughter relationships are something i adore, because of my own wonderful relay with my mom.

*great atmoshere! this includes the howling wind we heard through most of the ep. gave a greater impression of intense cold.

*the scene at the end, just after helen shot fakewill/creature and then will came into the cabin; i liked how helen solemnly sat down in the seat, with will joining her. i hate it when heroes go through extreme situations, including killing ppl, and then the heroes just strug it off and joke afterwards. i don't care how often someone does this sort of thing, killing something/someone should *never* be taken as whatever. helen sitting down and looking introspective was something i appreciated. yeah, it could have been mostly fatigue, but i think she was also troubled that she'd just killed an abnormal, even if it was out to kill them.

*ashley and bigfoot being worried and doing whatever they had to to rescue helen and will.

*when fakewill/creature was talking to helen, and we could see the real will outside the plane and trying to get her attention: my mom and i were yelling (a bit too loud, because we woke up my dad who was going 'what? what!' ) for helen to turn to the window! that was a freaky scene.

*what i appreciated more than anything else was the amount of helen screen time. i've been craving not only *seeing* more helen, but delving into who she is and such. this show is super cool to look at and i enjoy all the characters, but i'm watching for helen/amanda and... yeah, just more helen please.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              i missed that part. where did she say that?
              I think it was when Helen and Will were explaining themselves to the rest of the passengers, that they were transporting the rare creature to her Sanctuary in New Delhi, which I think Allison ran for her.

but what were all the things helen said to her? sometimes i have probs hearing what's said on this show.
              I think it was a mob of zombies in Uganda, a giant squid attacking her sub, and then a man that turned into a crazy ape. I think the squid story was the real one.

do you think there's a possibility that it really was john, coming to her in her dreams? i know he can do all that jumping through time and such, but maybe...
              I don't think it was the real John, since I thought he can only jump through time and not into people's thoughts. I'm inclined to this it was a sorta monster-induced hallucination, but because Helen is aware of the monster's influence at this point, she is perhaps more in control of the hallucination? Such as Druitt wearing his modern clothes instead of the Victorian ones, and this time Helen spoke to him, which I don't think she did before.

*the scene at the end, just after helen shot fakewill/creature and then will came into the cabin; i liked how helen solemnly sat down in the seat, with will joining her. i hate it when heroes go through extreme situations, including killing ppl, and then the heroes just strug it off and joke afterwards. i don't care how often someone does this sort of thing, killing something/someone should *never* be taken as whatever. helen sitting down and looking introspective was something i appreciated. yeah, it could have been mostly fatigue, but i think she was also troubled that she'd just killed an abnormal, even if it was out to kill them.
              I really enjoyed that scene as well. Even though they did defeat the monster, it was at a 'hell of a cost', so I liked how somber both Will and Helen were in the final scene.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                I caught on early too, but that didn't detract from my enjoyment one bit!

There were a few moments where I doubted my conclusion for a second.

The carriage scene was indeed in the webisodes. That was a wonderful way to start things out.

I loved the insight we got into Helen and her relationship with John. Such torment. AT and CH are so captivating when on screen together.

I loved this episode. It was solid. Action, intrigue, a touch of comedy. I love when things just mess with your head. That's way creepier than a giant scary monster.

So much to say about this episode, but it's late here and I have to get up early for a *3 hour* dance class! Gah!
                I agree, this episode was so freaky, I love seeing Helen and John on screen together, their scenes have so much emotion and story behind them.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                The show just keeps getting better and better.

It wasn't hard very figure it out who the bad guy...girl...thing was, but the episode was still very tense. "The scariest monster is the one you can't see" so true!!! You don't know what's real and what's not, and I loved that about this ep.

I always knew that there were more Sanctuaries around the world, but Helen owns them? Cool! I guess it would make sense for her to spend time in each of them, I mean if she stays in one place too long, after 20 years the neighbours will start asking questions as to why she's not getting any older.

Loved the Helen/Will banter about coffee and tea. Who knew they can save your life? Also great little bits about Helen's past with John. He's still a very important part in her life, and I think that the last John (the one that told her to wake up) was part of her subconscious and not work of the creature. Can't wait to find out more!!!
                I loved Helen's jokes about her dislike towards coffee, and I like how she called it sludge . I also like how she made up that story (well, only those 2 parts) and I just loved all of her and the episode all together.

before giving my full review tomorrow, i'll say...

GREAT ep!!

*squees at amount of helen in ep*

And I'm looking forward to commenting on it .

my mom really loved that scene! she 'awed' when he said she needed to wake up now.

i like the effect druit has on helen. he's her big weakness, because she fell in love with him before she became more worldly and realistic. and jaded. and she feels responsible for his condition? why? did her blood turn him bad, or did it only prolong his life and he was able to be bad longer and worse? i'm sure we'll find out eventually.
                Your mom's cool Sally . I'm glad how everytime she dreamed of him it was happy thoughts, and I think deep down she wishes they could be real.

he was the typical jerk, but i felt sorry for him when they stuck him in the safe, or whatever it was.
                that was VERY cool! and i loved how as soon as helen realized it wasn't zimmerman, she blowed him/it away. no hesitation. brave. and scarey.
                That part was wicked, I loved how she just got out her gun and blew it away .

I thought that too sometimes, even through-out the episode I thought he was the one killing them, I was wrong .

for my review (abridged version, because i've just responded to things already):

i think this show is getting better and better! a very intense script, and, for me, surprised me and kept me guessing. i didn't feel it was by-the-numbers writing at all, which i can't say for all the shows i watch. i like shows that make you think and make you have to pay attention.

k, some other things i enjoyed that i haven't commented on -

*LOVED ashley's line to helen just before they hung up, with ash saying it was good to hear her (can't remember ash's exact words). mother/daughter relationships are something i adore, because of my own wonderful relay with my mom.
                Nice . Some shows I knew what's going to happen, others keep me guessing, SG-1, Atlantis, and Sanctuary kept me guessing, and for so many reasons more, they made me love these shows even more. That and the all had one thing in common-- Amanda .

*great atmoshere! this includes the howling wind we heard through most of the ep. gave a greater impression of intense cold.
                Agreed, I love how the effects look so real, and they're real enough that your not taken out of the show .

*when fakewill/creature was talking to helen, and we could see the real will outside the plane and trying to get her attention: my mom and i were yelling (a bit too loud, because we woke up my dad who was going 'what? what!' ) for helen to turn to the window! that was a
                freaky scene.
                HAHAHAHAHAHA, I bet you did . When I saw that scene, I actually thought of you, and what you'd say to that .

*what i appreciated more than anything else was the amount of helen screen time. i've been craving not only *seeing* more helen, but delving into who she is and such. this show is super cool to look at and i enjoy all the characters, but i'm watching for helen/amanda and... yeah, just more helen please.

sally
                I thought you'd appreciated that . You're right, I've been waiting more Helen screen time for a while now, and last night, boy did I get my Amanda/Helen fix . I can't wait for Requiem, I can't wait to see Helen's crazy side .

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                  when ever I saw Helen and David's character, i thought of the time Carter and Zelenka were stuck in the elevator in Atlantis
                  LOL, me too! Especially in the scene where he's insisting that he wasn't hiding; it was so much like the scene in Quarantine where he kept apologizing. I wonder if they had some offscreen laughs while doing that scene; I would.

I clued in pretty early on that the monster was probably one of the people shape-shifted, but I was convinced it was the stowaway right up until he was killed.

The dreams were super-creepy and very effective at increasing the tension.

Overall great episode; had me on the edge of my seat!

Comment

Originally Posted by tagger
                    I wondered that, too. He was the only current Druitt and actually woke her up before the danger occurred. Hmmm. I wondered if he was a real Druitt who arrived by space/time warping (but we don't see the space warp graphic)? Or, a real Helen memory, not manipulated by the monster?

What I got out of the Helen/Druitt scenes is how much she still loves him - it seems like she could fall for him again from the look in her eyes. How scary is that?!?
                    It could have realy been him but how would he have known where she was ? i believe it was her subconscouis he is the constent thing in her life her love for him is still great and in knowing this her subconscouis brought him up knowing he could help her out knowing what's real and what's not i dont think it was the monster manipulating her at that point her love for John helped her see what was real and BANG! the monster is gone

I loved that bit in the carrage at the begining and also when John appered to her in his 1800's wear very cool i'd love to see more between them in boath times .

The tea and coffee part i can sooooooo relate to that bit i have tried coffee but i'm true tea drinker

Great episode over all and it was great seeing familyer faces Morgan la fay and Zelenka and i loved at the end Helen and Will sitting together Welcome to reality i cant wait to see NUBBINS though i dont think i can wait two weeks .

Amanda done an amazing job in this episode it will be intersting to see Requim cant wait

AMANDA ROCKS!
                    sigpic
                    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

i'm bettting on the 'man turning into an ape' to be the real one. the 'giant squid' sounds like 20,000 leagues under the sea

sigpic

Comment

Kush was just great...I have to say the episodes keep getting better

I'm good at guessing at 'who' it is, or 'who done it' and yes I did figure it was Allison. But it doesn't take the fun out of the episode. I loved the mystery and suspense. And I have to hand it to the actors, I really believed they were cold...knowing they were filming in hot weather and fighting heat exhaustion

I loved the interaction between Helen and John...such intensity I thougth the John at the end waking her up, may have been Helen's manifestation of him, a blend of the John she knew long ago and the one now. And she obvioulsy still has strong feelings for him, no matter what he's done.

I wondered with Will's mother, if her spirit showed up at one time; the time she kept him from getting on the fake helecopter Will have to ponder on that
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i gotta admit, when the fake helicopter showed up i was expecting them to be led to the cliff and being in danger of falling off

sigpic

Comment

From ReGenesis it was Peter Outerbridge from folding man and Sarah Strange. I like seeing a bunch of the same actors -- and I think it was the guy from Braun in Company of Thieves. He played the guy Daniel and Vala went to to get the flight recorder right?

I think the thing with the blood wasn't a matter of Allison having been the one to collect the blood samples, but rather the fact that the creature made them see what it wanted.

I'm curious myself as to which of the 3 adventures that Helen talked about was real; I'm hoping we get to see more of the Sanctuaries around the world.. That'd be neat.

Comment

pretty good episode

and wow i didnt even recognise zalenka
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Naddy View Post
                                From ReGenesis it was Peter Outerbridge from folding man and Sarah Strange. I like seeing a bunch of the same actors -- and I think it was the guy from Braun in Company of Thieves. He played the guy Daniel and Vala went to to get the flight recorder right?
                                Yup.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X