• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kush (105)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON ONE
    KUSH
    EPISODE NUMBER - 105

Helen and Will crash in the Himalayan mountains after capturing a vicious snow creature. But with rescue blocked by a major storm, their expedition members begin to lose their cool.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 02:57 PM.

so, what do we learn?

helen has sanctuaries all over the world, some/most/all of which she owns
    sylvio is dead
    helen met druitt at oxford and loved him with 'all her heart'
    they have some really high tech tracking stuff if ash knows the location of the crash

it was full of twists and turns that kept you guessing...i think my one nit was that ALL the red shirts died.

that and will not knowing the 'right' way to slit one's wrist. i think even psychlogists have to take basic med school,and even if he didn't, with his time as a csi, he'd have known

but other than that, it was pretty good and kept you guessing
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi guys, I just saw Kush and WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOA! That was a wicked episode . I started taping the episode, and I was super surprised to see Amanda giving the intro about Sanctuary on TMN . I was also surprised to see David Nykl (Zelenka) and Sarah Strange (Morgan Le Fay) in the episode too, when ever I saw Helen and David's character, i thought of the time Carter and Zelenka were stuck in the elevator in Atlantis

Anyway, the episode IMHO was by far the best yet, it was full of surprises, twists and turns . I usually see what's coming, because I've seen it all, or so I thought . The whole time I thought Druitt was behind all the deaths, but I was wrong, he actually turned out to be useful . I thought the flashbacks some of them had were really cool, and good old Helen, she kept dreaming of Druitt . I can easily say this was the biggest Helen eppy yet . I loved all of Helen's moments, especially her dislike toward coffee jokes , and her proud to be Brit joke was priceless . I liked how at the start we got a bit into Helen and John's love life, and what they meant to each other, and it was great seeing a blonde Helen Magnus . Watching her science skills reminded me of Carter a bit, but I'm starting to see Helen as her own science woman though . The ending was wicked, how Helen was able to figure out who the monster was and BANG! shoot it down .

I loved this episode, and I can see why Amanda said she was proud of it, and now I'm really looking forward to the episode Requiem even more .

Comment

I thought it was a great episode that kept you guessing. Loved John and Will's mom showing up. We had character development, back story and a mystery. I want to see the 2nd airing to catch all of John and Helen's discussions. I really liked how John woke her up and Helen was able to decipher the trap.

EDIT: One thing I wonder about... John always appeared to Helen as he did in the 1800's until the final scene where he appeared like the current John we have seen. I just wonder why the change. Any thoughts?
        Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 24 October 2008, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Tonight's episode was definitely a good one. Great story, but I figured out who the creature was pretty early on actually.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
            I thought it was a great episode that kept you guessing. Loved John and Will's mom showing up. We had character development, back story and a mystery. I want to see the 2nd airing to catch all of John and Helen's discussions. I really liked how John woke her up and Helen was able to decipher the trap.

EDIT: One thing I wonder about... John always appeared to Helen as he did in the 1800's until the final scene where he appeared like the current John we have seen. I just wonder why the change. Any thoughts?

Maybe that last one was the real John. He told her to wake up - the other times he was telling her to stay with him, as Will's mom did, too. I'm thinking that last one may have been John...or, I hope it was John...

I am really loving his character. And I LOVED this episode! Very suspenseful!! I was just sad to see so many die...I was hoping the last guy would make it, but I understand why he didn't (because it was a literal process of elimination). I figured out it was the girl when Helen told her about the blood experiment...I was yelling at Helen in my head not to tell her the plan, but she didn't listen.

das
            Last edited by dasNdanger; 24 October 2008, 08:29 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Great episode! Love the background story we get along with the mystery to solve. Damian seems to love writing little twists. Yeah Ann I think it was because that version of John......"I need you to wake up."
              sigpic

Comment

I just watched this one and it was definitely my favourite one yet! I like that, for the most part, it's past the webisodes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the part at the beginning - with the carriage - that was in the webisodes right?

I thought it was great to see these guest actors that I knew from the SG universe. It's kinda funny 'cause sometimes I still see Helen a bit as Sam - that part where she tells the copilot (David Nykl) that his leg is broken.. I was thinking back to Solitudes. I think it's 'cause my brother and sister just watched it.. Then I remembered Trio.. anyways.

I liked Sarah Strange (Morgan Le Fay) and David Nykl. I'm also really starting to like the dynamic between Helen and Will. As previously mentioned, I loved the coffee jokes. I'm a big tea drinker, though I will "sink" to coffee if desperate enough lol, so I thought that was great.

Just a question: has anyone else ever watched ReGenesis? Because it's two weeks in a row now that they've had fairly major actors from the series on Sanctuary. Just wondering....

Comment

Very cool ep! Loved seeing Sarah and David again!

Full of twists and turns, loved the insights and have to agree. The only thing that really and truly bugged me was that everyone died except our heroes. Loved the coffee jokes, and I thought it was cute when the one guy saluted Magnus. Kinda reminded me of Sam.

Looking forward to the next episode! ~Jess
                  sigpic
                  The Return of King Arthur
                  Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                  acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

before giving my full review tomorrow, i'll say...

GREAT ep!!

*squees at amount of helen in ep*

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Tonight's episode was definitely a good one. Great story, but I figured out who the creature was pretty early on actually.
                      I caught on early too, but that didn't detract from my enjoyment one bit!

There were a few moments where I doubted my conclusion for a second.

The carriage scene was indeed in the webisodes. That was a wonderful way to start things out.

I loved the insight we got into Helen and her relationship with John. Such torment. AT and CH are so captivating when on screen together.

I loved this episode. It was solid. Action, intrigue, a touch of comedy. I love when things just mess with your head. That's way creepier than a giant scary monster.

So much to say about this episode, but it's late here and I have to get up early for a *3 hour* dance class! Gah!

Comment

The show just keeps getting better and better.

It wasn't hard very figure it out who the bad guy...girl...thing was, but the episode was still very tense. "The scariest monster is the one you can't see" so true!!! You don't know what's real and what's not, and I loved that about this ep.

I always knew that there were more Sanctuaries around the world, but Helen owns them? Cool! I guess it would make sense for her to spend time in each of them, I mean if she stays in one place too long, after 20 years the neighbours will start asking questions as to why she's not getting any older.

Loved the Helen/Will banter about coffee and tea. Who knew they can save your life? Also great little bits about Helen's past with John. He's still a very important part in her life, and I think that the last John (the one that told her to wake up) was part of her subconscious and not work of the creature. Can't wait to find out more!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Dis is v.good show.

I was excited by her seeing Druitt at the start, before I knew they were all hallucinating. It would have been an interesting ongoing plot point if she'd been having visions of him. But it was cool anyway. It was nice to see Zelenka, it was rad even though he died so early on.

Comment

Originally posted by Naddy View Post
                            I just watched this one and it was definitely my favourite one yet! I like that, for the most part, it's past the webisodes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the part at the beginning - with the carriage - that was in the webisodes right?

I thought it was great to see these guest actors that I knew from the SG universe. It's kinda funny 'cause sometimes I still see Helen a bit as Sam - that part where she tells the copilot (David Nykl) that his leg is broken.. I was thinking back to Solitudes. I think it's 'cause my brother and sister just watched it.. Then I remembered Trio.. anyways.

I liked Sarah Strange (Morgan Le Fay) and David Nykl. I'm also really starting to like the dynamic between Helen and Will. As previously mentioned, I loved the coffee jokes. I'm a big tea drinker, though I will "sink" to coffee if desperate enough lol, so I thought that was great.

Just a question: has anyone else ever watched ReGenesis? Because it's two weeks in a row now that they've had fairly major actors from the series on Sanctuary. Just wondering....
                            I haven't seen ReGenesis but I knew Peter Outerbridge was in it. Who from this week's line up is in it? Is it Sarah?

REALLY liked this episode. My favourite so far. I loved seing more Helen. I'm loving her sense of humour so nice to see more of that here. Not only the comments about coffee but I like her telling Allison about the other creatures and then saying she only made two of them up. I'm also liking her compassion for others. Great look by AT after they put that guy in the small enclosure.

Sorry to see Silvio die, I was starting to like him a lot.

I don't think I've ever heard DN speak other than in Atlantis so starnge hearing him without an accent. Small role but I thought he did a wondeful job.

I had no clue who was the bad guy. Either too tired after a long week or just not as smart as you all.

I'm with Antoa about AT and CH. I think they are fabulous together. So looking forward to more of that.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post

I wondered that, too. He was the only current Druitt and actually woke her up before the danger occurred. Hmmm. I wondered if he was a real Druitt who arrived by space/time warping (but we don't see the space warp graphic)? Or, a real Helen memory, not manipulated by the monster?

What I got out of the Helen/Druitt scenes is how much she still loves him - it seems like she could fall for him again from the look in her eyes. How scary is that?!?

I love that Helen has Sanctuary sites all over the world!!

The guy who played Braun was on SG -1, Company of Thieves I think?

I love seeing all the SG people!! I like that they have work, and seeing them play something completely different is cool.
                              Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                              Quint Studer

Comment

Working...
                              X