Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: Kush (105)

Site Admin

Post Kush (105)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON ONE
    KUSH
    EPISODE NUMBER - 105

Helen and Will crash in the Himalayan mountains after capturing a vicious snow creature. But with rescue blocked by a major storm, their expedition members begin to lose their cool.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; April 10th, 2011 at 02:57 PM.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Default Re: Kush (105)

so, what do we learn?

helen has sanctuaries all over the world, some/most/all of which she owns
    sylvio is dead
    helen met druitt at oxford and loved him with 'all her heart'
    they have some really high tech tracking stuff if ash knows the location of the crash

it was full of twists and turns that kept you guessing...i think my one nit was that ALL the red shirts died.

that and will not knowing the 'right' way to slit one's wrist. i think even psychlogists have to take basic med school,and even if he didn't, with his time as a csi, he'd have known

but other than that, it was pretty good and kept you guessing

Colonel

Sam Re: Kush (105)

Hi guys, I just saw Kush and WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOA! That was a wicked episode . I started taping the episode, and I was super surprised to see Amanda giving the intro about Sanctuary on TMN . I was also surprised to see David Nykl (Zelenka) and Sarah Strange (Morgan Le Fay) in the episode too, when ever I saw Helen and David's character, i thought of the time Carter and Zelenka were stuck in the elevator in Atlantis

Anyway, the episode IMHO was by far the best yet, it was full of surprises, twists and turns . I usually see what's coming, because I've seen it all, or so I thought . The whole time I thought Druitt was behind all the deaths, but I was wrong, he actually turned out to be useful . I thought the flashbacks some of them had were really cool, and good old Helen, she kept dreaming of Druitt . I can easily say this was the biggest Helen eppy yet . I loved all of Helen's moments, especially her dislike toward coffee jokes , and her proud to be Brit joke was priceless . I liked how at the start we got a bit into Helen and John's love life, and what they meant to each other, and it was great seeing a blonde Helen Magnus . Watching her science skills reminded me of Carter a bit, but I'm starting to see Helen as her own science woman though . The ending was wicked, how Helen was able to figure out who the monster was and BANG! shoot it down .

I loved this episode, and I can see why Amanda said she was proud of it, and now I'm really looking forward to the episode Requiem even more .

I thought it was a great episode that kept you guessing. Loved John and Will's mom showing up. We had character development, back story and a mystery. I want to see the 2nd airing to catch all of John and Helen's discussions. I really liked how John woke her up and Helen was able to decipher the trap.

EDIT: One thing I wonder about... John always appeared to Helen as he did in the 1800's until the final scene where he appeared like the current John we have seen. I just wonder why the change. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by ann_sgcfan; October 24th, 2008 at 07:53 PM.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Tonight's episode was definitely a good one. Great story, but I figured out who the creature was pretty early on actually.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Up Todd's sleeve, playing with his stun stick...

Quote Originally Posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
    I thought it was a great episode that kept you guessing. Loved John and Will's mom showing up. We had character development, back story and a mystery. I want to see the 2nd airing to catch all of John and Helen's discussions. I really liked how John woke her up and Helen was able to decipher the trap.

EDIT: One thing I wonder about... John always appeared to Helen as he did in the 1800's until the final scene where he appeared like the current John we have seen. I just wonder why the change. Any thoughts?

Maybe that last one was the real John. He told her to wake up - the other times he was telling her to stay with him, as Will's mom did, too. I'm thinking that last one may have been John...or, I hope it was John...

I am really loving his character. And I LOVED this episode! Very suspenseful!! I was just sad to see so many die...I was hoping the last guy would make it, but I understand why he didn't (because it was a literal process of elimination). I figured out it was the girl when Helen told her about the blood experiment...I was yelling at Helen in my head not to tell her the plan, but she didn't listen.

das
    Last edited by dasNdanger; October 24th, 2008 at 08:29 PM.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/dasNdanger/whispers4a.jpg

Great episode! Love the background story we get along with the mystery to solve. Damian seems to love writing little twists. Yeah Ann I think it was because that version of John......"I need you to wake up."
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8226&dateline=1311902876

Airman

I just watched this one and it was definitely my favourite one yet! I like that, for the most part, it's past the webisodes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the part at the beginning - with the carriage - that was in the webisodes right?

I thought it was great to see these guest actors that I knew from the SG universe. It's kinda funny 'cause sometimes I still see Helen a bit as Sam - that part where she tells the copilot (David Nykl) that his leg is broken.. I was thinking back to Solitudes. I think it's 'cause my brother and sister just watched it.. Then I remembered Trio.. anyways.

I liked Sarah Strange (Morgan Le Fay) and David Nykl. I'm also really starting to like the dynamic between Helen and Will. As previously mentioned, I loved the coffee jokes. I'm a big tea drinker, though I will "sink" to coffee if desperate enough lol, so I thought that was great.

Just a question: has anyone else ever watched ReGenesis? Because it's two weeks in a row now that they've had fairly major actors from the series on Sanctuary. Just wondering....

Lieutenant Colonel SamJackShipper93's Avatar

Very cool ep! Loved seeing Sarah and David again!

Full of twists and turns, loved the insights and have to agree. The only thing that really and truly bugged me was that everyone died except our heroes. Loved the coffee jokes, and I thought it was cute when the one guy saluted Magnus. Kinda reminded me of Sam.

Looking forward to the next episode! ~Jess

Sig and avie by Oma-1.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

before giving my full review tomorrow, i'll say...

GREAT ep!!

*squees at amount of helen in ep*

sally

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    Tonight's episode was definitely a good one. Great story, but I figured out who the creature was pretty early on actually.
    I caught on early too, but that didn't detract from my enjoyment one bit!

There were a few moments where I doubted my conclusion for a second.

The carriage scene was indeed in the webisodes. That was a wonderful way to start things out.

I loved the insight we got into Helen and her relationship with John. Such torment. AT and CH are so captivating when on screen together.

I loved this episode. It was solid. Action, intrigue, a touch of comedy. I love when things just mess with your head. That's way creepier than a giant scary monster.

So much to say about this episode, but it's late here and I have to get up early for a *3 hour* dance class! Gah!

Shipper
    (Moderator)

The show just keeps getting better and better.

It wasn't hard very figure it out who the bad guy...girl...thing was, but the episode was still very tense. "The scariest monster is the one you can't see" so true!!! You don't know what's real and what's not, and I loved that about this ep.

I always knew that there were more Sanctuaries around the world, but Helen owns them? Cool! I guess it would make sense for her to spend time in each of them, I mean if she stays in one place too long, after 20 years the neighbours will start asking questions as to why she's not getting any older.

Loved the Helen/Will banter about coffee and tea. Who knew they can save your life? Also great little bits about Helen's past with John. He's still a very important part in her life, and I think that the last John (the one that told her to wake up) was part of her subconscious and not work of the creature. Can't wait to find out more!!!

Dis is v.good show.

I was excited by her seeing Druitt at the start, before I knew they were all hallucinating. It would have been an interesting ongoing plot point if she'd been having visions of him. But it was cool anyway. It was nice to see Zelenka, it was rad even though he died so early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Naddy View Post
    I just watched this one and it was definitely my favourite one yet! I like that, for the most part, it's past the webisodes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the part at the beginning - with the carriage - that was in the webisodes right?

I thought it was great to see these guest actors that I knew from the SG universe. It's kinda funny 'cause sometimes I still see Helen a bit as Sam - that part where she tells the copilot (David Nykl) that his leg is broken.. I was thinking back to Solitudes. I think it's 'cause my brother and sister just watched it.. Then I remembered Trio.. anyways.

I liked Sarah Strange (Morgan Le Fay) and David Nykl. I'm also really starting to like the dynamic between Helen and Will. As previously mentioned, I loved the coffee jokes. I'm a big tea drinker, though I will "sink" to coffee if desperate enough lol, so I thought that was great.

Just a question: has anyone else ever watched ReGenesis? Because it's two weeks in a row now that they've had fairly major actors from the series on Sanctuary. Just wondering....
    I haven't seen ReGenesis but I knew Peter Outerbridge was in it. Who from this week's line up is in it? Is it Sarah?

REALLY liked this episode. My favourite so far. I loved seing more Helen. I'm loving her sense of humour so nice to see more of that here. Not only the comments about coffee but I like her telling Allison about the other creatures and then saying she only made two of them up. I'm also liking her compassion for others. Great look by AT after they put that guy in the small enclosure.

Sorry to see Silvio die, I was starting to like him a lot.

I don't think I've ever heard DN speak other than in Atlantis so starnge hearing him without an accent. Small role but I thought he did a wondeful job.

I had no clue who was the bad guy. Either too tired after a long week or just not as smart as you all.

I'm with Antoa about AT and CH. I think they are fabulous together. So looking forward to more of that.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...aronbw_rev.jpg

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by ann_sgcfan View Post

I wondered that, too. He was the only current Druitt and actually woke her up before the danger occurred. Hmmm. I wondered if he was a real Druitt who arrived by space/time warping (but we don't see the space warp graphic)? Or, a real Helen memory, not manipulated by the monster?

What I got out of the Helen/Druitt scenes is how much she still loves him - it seems like she could fall for him again from the look in her eyes. How scary is that?!?

I love that Helen has Sanctuary sites all over the world!!

The guy who played Braun was on SG -1, Company of Thieves I think?

I love seeing all the SG people!! I like that they have work, and seeing them play something completely different is cool.
    Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
    Quint Studer

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

i think, 'real' druitt vs 'fantasy' druitt...before helen realized their dreams were being manipulated, she could 'indulge' herself in her memories. she could let herself remember the 'good times', but once she realized that the creature was manipulating them, then she rationally knew it couldn't be druitt in her head, so she wouldn't see the 'good times druitt', she would see the real one

what's interesting is that he was trying to help her or warn her. so, i think, her 'betrayal, by him is an influence in how she treats/sees people. i think her experience with john took a lot of the naivete out of her and gave her the cynicism that she needs to survive

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    i think, 'real' druitt vs 'fantasy' druitt...before helen realized their dreams were being manipulated, she could 'indulge' herself in her memories. she could let herself remember the 'good times', but once she realized that the creature was manipulating them, then she rationally knew it couldn't be druitt in her head, so she wouldn't see the 'good times druitt', she would see the real one

what's interesting is that he was trying to help her or warn her. so, i think, her 'betrayal, by him is an influence in how she treats/sees people. i think her experience with john took a lot of the naivete out of her and gave her the cynicism that she needs to survive
    Very insightful. The real versus fantasy druitt ideas.

The reason I couldn't understand what Druitt was doing, was because he helped her, which I didn't think the monster manipulation/hallucination would do. Maybe it was because Helen was beginning to control the monster's effect on her?

I'm sure Druitt completely changed Helen's view of the world. Been there, done that myself.
    Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
    Quint Studer

Major
    In an Universe where Stargate ended in season 8

I thought Silvio was a vampire meaning he couldn't die from a simple stab wound? Too dark (literally), too boring (the action seemed to stall at times), too predictable (I suspected Allison 10 minutes into the episode), Amanda/Helen seems to randomly lose her accent throughout the episode, Will features too much, Ashley and Bigfoot (my faves) are almost non-existent. Lamest episode so far 6/10...
    Last edited by silly sally; October 25th, 2008 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EH-T View Post
    REALLY liked this episode. My favourite so far. I loved seing more Helen. I'm loving her sense of humour so nice to see more of that here. Not only the comments about coffee but I like her telling Allison about the other creatures and then saying she only made two of them up. I'm also liking her compassion for others. Great look by AT after they put that guy in the small enclosure.

Sorry to see Silvio die, I was starting to like him a lot.

I don't think I've ever heard DN speak other than in Atlantis so starnge hearing him without an accent. Small role but I thought he did a wondeful job.

I had no clue who was the bad guy. Either too tired after a long week or just not as smart as you all.

I'm with Antoa about AT and CH. I think they are fabulous together. So looking forward to more of that.
    I agree on all points. Loved the Helen/Will banter about coffee and it was especially cool how that helped Helen figure it out the monster in the end.

Loved Helen comforting Allison about telling stories about her other close calls, though I wonder which was the one she wasn't making up.

Without the hair and accent it took me forever to remember David Nykl was in this episode. He did a great job with small part. I also really liked Silvio, Tashi, and the other guest characters, and I wish they hadn't all died.

And AT and CH are just made of awesome. Though I did have a flashback to Grace when Druitt said he was a manifestation of her subconscious so she could say what she liked to him.

I didn't guess Allison as the monster on the first viewing, but on the second one I noticed that during the first of blood test, she was the one who took the belligerent guy's blood. Probably should have caught that the first time around, but I was pretty fried while watching it. *curses her class schedule again*

I can't to see how they redress this set for Requiem. I thought MW did a great job filming in such a confined space.

Quote Originally Posted by tagger View Post
    I wondered that, too. He was the only current Druitt and actually woke her up before the danger occurred. Hmmm. I wondered if he was a real Druitt who arrived by space/time warping (but we don't see the space warp graphic)? Or, a real Helen memory, not manipulated by the monster?

What I got out of the Helen/Druitt scenes is how much she still loves him - it seems like she could fall for him again from the look in her eyes. How scary is that?!?
    my mom really loved that scene! she 'awed' when he said she needed to wake up now.

i like the effect druit has on helen. he's her big weakness, because she fell in love with him before she became more worldly and realistic. and jaded. and she feels responsible for his condition? why? did her blood turn him bad, or did it only prolong his life and he was able to be bad longer and worse? i'm sure we'll find out eventually.

i also think helen's other big weakness is ashley.

I love that Helen has Sanctuary sites all over the world!!
    i missed that part. where did she say that?

The guy who played Braun was on SG -1, Company of Thieves I think?
    he was the typical jerk, but i felt sorry for him when they stuck him in the safe, or whatever it was.

I love seeing all the SG people!! I like that they have work, and seeing them play something completely different is cool.
    i wouldn't have known that was zelenka if i hadn't read about it prior to the ep. sorry david n.

Quote Originally Posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
    I agree on all points. Loved the Helen/Will banter about coffee and it was especially cool how that helped Helen figure it out the monster in the end.
    that was VERY cool! and i loved how as soon as helen realized it wasn't zimmerman, she blowed him/it away. no hesitation. brave. and scarey.

Loved Helen comforting Allison about telling stories about her other close calls, though I wonder which was the one she wasn't making up.
    another great scene.

but what were all the things helen said to her? sometimes i have probs hearing what's said on this show.

I also really liked Silvio, Tashi, and the other guest characters, and I wish they hadn't all died.
    yeah, too bad they died. they ALL died. but i liked tashi the most. don't know why.

And AT and CH are just made of awesome. Though I did have a flashback to Grace when Druitt said he was a manifestation of her subconscious so she could say what she liked to him.
    do you think there's a possibility that it really was john, coming to her in her dreams? i know he can do all that jumping through time and such, but maybe...

I didn't guess Allison as the monster on the first viewing, but on the second one I noticed that during the first of blood test, she was the one who took the belligerent guy's blood. Probably should have caught that the first time around, but I was pretty fried while watching it. *curses her class schedule again*
    this surprise was ruined for me, because i just HAD to skim through ppl's reviews before it came on for me. but i 'think' i would have suspected her after belligerent guy's death, because as you said, she's the one that handled his blood and could have faked something.

for my review (abridged version, because i've just responded to things already):

i think this show is getting better and better! a very intense script, and, for me, surprised me and kept me guessing. i didn't feel it was by-the-numbers writing at all, which i can't say for all the shows i watch. i like shows that make you think and make you have to pay attention.

k, some other things i enjoyed that i haven't commented on -

*LOVED ashley's line to helen just before they hung up, with ash saying it was good to hear her (can't remember ash's exact words). mother/daughter relationships are something i adore, because of my own wonderful relay with my mom.

*great atmoshere! this includes the howling wind we heard through most of the ep. gave a greater impression of intense cold.

*the scene at the end, just after helen shot fakewill/creature and then will came into the cabin; i liked how helen solemnly sat down in the seat, with will joining her. i hate it when heroes go through extreme situations, including killing ppl, and then the heroes just strug it off and joke afterwards. i don't care how often someone does this sort of thing, killing something/someone should *never* be taken as whatever. helen sitting down and looking introspective was something i appreciated. yeah, it could have been mostly fatigue, but i think she was also troubled that she'd just killed an abnormal, even if it was out to kill them.

*ashley and bigfoot being worried and doing whatever they had to to rescue helen and will.

*when fakewill/creature was talking to helen, and we could see the real will outside the plane and trying to get her attention: my mom and i were yelling (a bit too loud, because we woke up my dad who was going 'what? what!' ) for helen to turn to the window! that was a freaky scene.

*what i appreciated more than anything else was the amount of helen screen time. i've been craving not only *seeing* more helen, but delving into who she is and such. this show is super cool to look at and i enjoy all the characters, but i'm watching for helen/amanda and... yeah, just more helen please.

sally
    sally