Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: Fata Morgana (103)

Site Admin

Post Fata Morgana (103)

SANCTUARY SEASON ONE
    FATA MORGANA
    EPISODE NUMBER - 103

Magnus's team finds three sisters in stasis in a crypt, who Helen suspects are witches from the Middle Ages. But a deadly cabal comes looking for them.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; April 10th, 2011 at 03:41 PM.

Default Re: Fata Morgana (103)

Cross post from Sanctuary Forum.

----------------------------

Alright, 20 minutes in and I'm not liking the story changes that much. The Keepers are governed by... someone/some organization? Yeah...

EDIT

I suppose I'll just edit this on commercials.

YAY for more Bigfoot dialog. It seems that they've reused EVERYTHING from the webisodes. Because of this, Amanda is wearing her wig for the episode (except for maybe one scene so far). I'm continuing to not really like the changing of the story.

EDIT 2

AW MAN! They changed what Steve looks like. First scene back from the commercials was EPIC though. It almost seems as if Amanda may have just straightened her hair, but it also seems too dark for that to be so. Sometimes, and sometimes not seeing the streak of color in there is throwing me off.

EDIT 3

Okay, I'm liking the establishment of bad guys, but I still don't like how they never explained the myth of The Morrigan. I also think that Amanda straightened her hair, but can't be certain.

I currently have no other thoughts other than OMG HELEN DID THE MOST BAD *** ****ING THING I'VE EVER ****ING SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF ****ING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Studio Production assistant

Im pissed off.

HOW.. JUST HOWWWWWW
    Can you cut the Guest appearance scene of PAUL MCGILLION
    and REPLACE IT WITH a 2 second thing about Helen finding out who the morrigan are on a damn computer database.

the changes on the show wouldnt have effected pauls scene.
    pauls scene was standalone.

I understand David Hewletts, cuz he mentions a kid killing the people, and they changed that to Zimmerman seeing a kid and saying one lived in the house, and it conflicted with the story changes.

But Pauls scene in no way conflicted and THEY CUT IT!
    WTF

Quote Originally Posted by DaxFlowLyfe View Post
    Im pissed off.

HOW.. JUST HOWWWWWW
    Can you cut the Guest appearance scene of PAUL MCGILLION
    and REPLACE IT WITH a 2 second thing about Helen finding out who the morrigan are on a damn computer database.

the changes on the show wouldnt have effected pauls scene.
    pauls scene was standalone.

I understand David Hewletts, cuz he mentions a kid killing the people, and they changed that to Zimmerman seeing a kid and saying one lived in the house, and it conflicted with the story changes.

But Pauls scene in no way conflicted and THEY CUT IT!
    WTF
    Paul isn't there because they changed the back story. It was no longer about the history of King Author.. which is what his character's dialog was all about. They were setting up the overall story arc about The Others. Paul's dialog wouldn't have worked in this eppy.

I really liked the concern between mother and daughter. Helen know John is still out there and she is very concerned for Ashley but at the same time she has to let her do her job. THey depend on one another.

LOL at Henry pulling all those weapons and things out of his pockets He is too funny

Loved Will gaining the trust of the sisters. Helen is really helping him adjust and really seems to be fitting... despite some of the uhhhh abnormals like the one on the elevator ride. lol he was creeping Will out LOL

Ooooh and I have to laugh at the scenes where Will said he couldn't fire the gun and turns out he had the safety on That's was funny! I liked how Ashley just used the gun anyways while Will still head on to it.

I love the graphics!!!! I loved the opening credits... very cool!!!
    Last edited by ann_sgcfan; October 10th, 2008 at 09:09 PM. Reason: remembered others things to add :)

That was all kinds of Awesome!! Loved how they ended it with the Morrigan making the decision and Helen not willing to let it go at that with the Cabal.

Favorite line: Will's "1200 year old bath products theory"

They changed the lines before Paul's scene and it was made clear that Helen didn't want to leave the Sanctuary...that was set up with the Ashley/Helen scene. So Helen couldn't go to see him at his place which is how it played in the websiodes.
    Last edited by JanSam; October 10th, 2008 at 09:10 PM.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8226&dateline=1311902876

Overall I liked the changes, though I do have a couple of gripes.

I wish they would have left the allowance line in. I thought it was hilarious and set up Helen's sense of humor.

I can't believe they changed Steve. I guess that means we don't get our alleyway weapons testing scene.

And now a question about the opening credits. Does anybody else think that might have been a picture of Amanda and Olivia?
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

i've got about 45 minutes until it's on for me, but after it's over, i *have* to go to bed (have to get up and 4:30am) and i won't be able to review it until tomorrow... work is a four-letter word.

but i'm VERY excited to see sanctuary tonight!!
    sally

Yeah I missed the "allowance" line too.
    Oh dang....Steve was hilarious in the testing scene.
    Yeah I was wondering that too rderoch...nice pic huh.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8226&dateline=1311902876

Well, not only do we miss the allowance line, but they replaced it with, quite frankly, a terrible one.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon 304 View Post
    Well, not only do we miss the allowance line, but they replaced it with, quite frankly, a terrible one.
    ah, come on, name something you liked!
    sally

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon 304 View Post
    There was a lot of discussion on the Sanctuary forum after the webisodes that Ashely was too old to still be getting an allowance... it was funny But isn't she too old to have an allowance she is in her twenties.

I want velociraptors in a future episode.

also, that new squid guy and his intelligence network were kinda lol. This way McGillion can still come back as some other character when he's got some free time from Atlantis/whatever else he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by rderoch View Post
    Overall I liked the changes, though I do have a couple of gripes.

I wish they would have left the allowance line in. I thought it was hilarious and set up Helen's sense of humor.
    I wished they'd kept the allowance line too. It was a nice bit of Helen's humor and the changed line doesn't really match the hand motion she makes.

Loved the rest of the episode, I thought most of the changes they made were for the better.

Spoiler:

Loved the Helen/Ashley scene where Helen is so concerned about letting Ashley go on an mission alone, but still trusts her to take care of herself. I also liked the tea cup Helen had in her hands the whole time.

I really enjoyed seeing Will working with the sisters, getting them to trust him and trying to get them to believe that they can be free and not belong to the cabal. Also liked seeing him confront Magnus about her plan to keep the sisters under sedation until they figured out what to do with them.

Loved the battle against the Keepers, especially seeing Ashley taking down a roomful while Will struggles to shoot his gun was also great. Helen flipping one over and shooting it was also awesome.

Henry was great, all the weapons in his pockets. And I liked that they didn't end the episode with a cliffhanger. Liked seeing the Morrigen gain a bit more control over their lives, and really liked seeing Helen ordering the cabal leader to get off her property.

I also think they're taking making good use of the green screen to show some cool locations, especially Ashley on the rooftop and on the bridge.

I'm loving the series so far, and I can't wait for the all-new episode next week.

just a quick note and then bed time ...

LOVED the ep!!
    sally

TV Re: Fata Morgana (103)

Sanctuary - SciFi Channel Updates for Fata Morgana:

From the SciFi Channel's Sanctuary site, updates for October 10, 2008:

Fata Morgana

* Episode Synopsis

* Episode Photos

WATCH Fata Morgana online:

NEXT new episode: Folding Man airs Friday October 17 at 10pm on the SciFi Channel (US).

Folding men are going postal as they rob stores and escape via small holes.

Trailer for Folding Man

NEW Quiz!

Sanctuary 102

Quote Originally Posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
    There was a lot of discussion on the Sanctuary forum after the webisodes that Ashely was too old to still be getting an allowance... it was funny But isn't she too old to have an allowance she is in her twenties.
    Well it's not like she can get a normal job or anything.

I really liked the changes in this ep. I am glad they cut a lot of the exposition out and just got right to the action. The fight scenes were great. I will definitely have to watch this one again. This cold made me really sleepy while it was on last night.

I'm a bit out of the loop in this discussion. As a Luddite I was only able to see the YouTube webisodes and bits of others at AT3 (I was interrupted by getting a photo or autograph or some such with Amanda ). Therefore, I am not really familiar with how it was originally done. Maybe that's a good thing as then I'm unbiased.

I do wonder at what was reused for this episode though. It seemed to me a) the CG wasn't quite as good in some places as it was in the opening episodes and b)Amanda's hair did look more like the wig.

Only watched it once on tape after I got home so I'll have to watch again later but I will say I like the fact there was more Helen. Liked the mother/daughter moments. Totally love Henry. Liking Will's sense of humour. Like Helen kicking butt, even in heels.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...aronbw_rev.jpg

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Actually quite a lot of it was reused from the webisodes. The mother daughter scene was new and the ending was new, of course. And the scene in Helen's office with Will was new.

The autopsy, much of the fight scenes, the graveyard scene in the beginning - those were all reused. Pretty much every time AT's hair looks 'off' or huge.

I didn't see any of the webbys but the episodes felt very average. The witch stories was underplayed and not heartful at all. We didn't learn about their childhood or something (flashback??). Or even how much they were used (mistreatment) by the cabal. We just didn't have much information about them, beside the one battlefield scene. Cut the fight scene and more backstory (which could actually have fight scene in them!)! Will seems to have confidence in them only because they were nice looking girl in needs The story would not less us see otherwise. But its a nice that he really wanted to help them, while helen was much or less ready to put them in prison/drugged.

It was a nice introduction to the cabal though. It just trange that they didn't have a mean to control the witches in any way, beside words. They are supposed to be professional, and well backed, abnormal hunters. Its obvious that if you have some superpowerful being in captivity to do your bidding, they will eventually turn against you. You need to have something against them (subimplants, supernatural force "canceler" equipments, ...). A bit like the 4400 with the superpowerfull isabel. They are professional after all. It most not be the only time in history that a powerful abnormal tries to overrun them.