Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else hated this episode? Supremely badly written?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just finished watching this episode and i really enjoyed it. I though it was great. It made me jump a few times,probably because my tv was loud.The music made me jump not so much what happened lol.It was great to have Carson in the episode i was worried about him sometimes bless him,no one hurts Carson EVER !! lol. I'll save him . That guy annoyed me who released those zombie/creatures if the fog people. What an idiot releasing them lol (i know he was looking for his wife. He could of at least cleaned the window and looked through lol )

I really enjoyed it,and it was diffrent having an all girl team. The one chewing gum (sorry i'm useless with names) she bugged me at times. I though it was sad that Carson is packing his things I don't want him to go. (Worried he won't be in the SGA movie now)
    GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
      The Fist Bump...
      The Chest Pounding...
      The Stupidity...
      I agree that each of the above was... well something that I would have preferred be ommitted. And yet; no I didn't hate the ep. I really really liked it.

I liked the new team, I hope we see more of them. I liked the mist, it's a new sort of monster and I thought it worked really well. I liked that we didn't have the same-old-same-old Shep+Teyla+Ronon+Rodney, but a new dynamic. I liked the visual FX and the eerie blue lights.

Stargate has always had large enough plot holes for the average elephant to fit comfortably in. Remember Solitudes, that truly awesome standout episode, where Sam never thought to dial the Land of Light (the general clearly had given no thought to what might occur if a team needed to come home urgently while the gate was active from the SGC) and the veteran O'Neill never thought about hats? Silly errors, which didn't even come close to spoiling the episode, because the good bits were good enough that I can do the Blind Eye thing no probs.

Anyway, yes, plot holes and silliness are there in Whispers. I don't care

Madeleine

Comment

It just followed every trite horror movie cliche. On a personal note, I don't understand them killing Vega but leaving that annoying chick alive.

Comment

Overall, I actually liked this episode. It was different, but not bad different IMO.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Ok I just watched this episode last night for the first time (yes I know I'm a bit behind). I loved it so much to the point that it would definitely be in my top ten favourite SGA eps. It was a nice change to the usualy Atalntis ep
            sigpic

Comment

Horrendous. Not only was it annoying, it was boring! (Don't ask me how an episode involving mist, secret labs, and Wraith-human hybrids with neck problems could be boring...but it was.)

Pretty much, there is one major problem that I have with this episode: The all-woman team. Don't get me wrong, I definitely do want to see strong, independent women in Atlantis...but most of these women were simply dislikeable.

Captain Vega was pretty much an idiot--just watch the scene where she dies, right in the middle of bobbing her head and beginning some sort of arrogant statement. I was very relieved that they killed her; it was bad enough having her in two episodes.

And then there was Dusty. The bubble-gum-blowing sergeant. 'Nuff said.

Major Teldy was, from what I can remember, supremely useless; in the meantime, the doctor spent most of her time with Dr. Beckett and didn't particularly do that much, aside from wandering foolishly off into the mist at one point and almost getting killed.

I know that it's the thought that counts--at least Joe and Paul tried to write good characters--but it all amounts to nothing when you don't have characters you can enjoy watching!

(Well, at least they gave Sheppard a good line. "All we need's for the prom queen and the kid in the wheelchair to wander off, and we're all set!")
              sigpic
              ~the guitarists~

Comment

Working...
              X