Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe this is obvious, but the person in the gas mask in the beginning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe this is obvious, but the person in the gas mask in the beginning...

That was Michael right?

Sorry, I am a little slow sometimes, but I took it as it being Michael.

I just don't get why he would be wearing the gas mask. If the fog that was emitted from the experiments was toxic, why didn't it affect Sheppard and the rest?

Or was it just a poor excuse for not having "Trip" available for this episode?

I think it was meant to be michael also, but JM put a picture of himself in his blog in a gask mask... so maybe it's joe incognito!
    Last edited by naamiaiset; 06 September 2008, 04:51 PM.

Comment

I wondered how that tied into it.....i guess it was michael on the cheap

i know this was a 'light' episode, but i was thinking: if Michaels in the mist wearing a gas mask......surly that mist cant be good for you!

with the gas mask turning up later in the girls incompetent hands (how could military personal not know what it was!) i figured the mist would become important later.....

....then when the mists origins are revealed, i was expecting them all freak out, go MOPP-4 on us (like the old SG1 days) then have the added suspense of were they infected with something, while being chased by _______

could of made quite a cool suspenseful ep

but alas no......

still, i wonder if they will all get funky asthma now, though i imagine sheppards space syphilis will make him immune

Comment

Yeah, I think it was Joe, but JoeM said it was Michael. I never got why the fog was so dangerous.
        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

i remember carson saying something about the fog being harmful to humans, maybe thats why michael left because his life was in danger?

maybe one of the species michael used in his experiments put out that fog in order to kill its prey?

as for the person in the mask, i just thought it was one of michaels freaks, but it could have been joe m
          Last edited by mr_kennedy; 06 September 2008, 07:34 PM.
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by jringo718 View Post
            That was Michael right?

Sorry, I am a little slow sometimes, but I took it as it being Michael.

I just don't get why he would be wearing the gas mask. If the fog that was emitted from the experiments was toxic, why didn't it affect Sheppard and the rest?

Or was it just a poor excuse for not having "Trip" available for this episode?
            Not at all i think its a good question. I believe beckett said during the episode something about prelonged exposure and not knowing what it would do to them.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
              Not at all i think its a good question. I believe beckett said during the episode something about prelonged exposure and not knowing what it would do to them.
              I imagine it dulls ones senses, makes one a little irrational, possibly inducing the same sort of symptoms as hypoxia, in which one's behaviour is altered to the degree that you might expect from somebody who is innebriated, this might explain the villager's loud behaviour before being attacked.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

This is far fetched but perhaps the smoke was lethal to the Wraith?

I mean Michael's goal was to get rid of the Wraith too and probably created these creatures because physically they can harm humans, but probably not a Wraith, or at least not as efficiently. Thus he put the DNA of a creature that emits fog that is harmful to the Wraith.

Yeah, its probably really out there, but I thought I'd throw it in anyway.

Like you guys said, it was probably harmful after prolonged exposure, and obviously Michael was around the fog a lot.

Comment

We'll never know for certain, and besides it ultimately doesnt matter. It could have been one of the villagers who just found a gas mask for all we know.

Still, it would have been nice to know what happened to Fred and the other guy.
                  It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                  --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by thedrumm3rguy View Post
                    with the gas mask turning up later in the girls incompetent hands (how could military personal not know what it was!) i figured the mist would become important later.....
                    Yea i noticed that as well and thought it was strange that they looked at the mask like it was some kind of foreign object they had never seen before.

As for the mist, i too thought that it would come into play later in the episode, some kind of paralysis over time maybe. (considering they were quite spider like) And after the killing is done they never mention it again, would have been nice if when back on Atlantis Sheppard or Beckett had mentioned that the mist was ultimately harmless or something.

Ah well.
                    It's time we go, FULL THRUST !!

Comment

Working...
                    X