The Fist bump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fist bump

I cracked up when Sheppard and beckett bumped fist wen they learned they were with four attractive women on the planet, anyone else?

I thought the fist bump showed just how childish and stupid Sheppard and Beckett are. Not funny at all, but a harbinger of what was to come in the rest of the episode.
    Last edited by hisg1fans; 06 September 2008, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I thought it was hilarious.
      What hetero guy is not excited at the idea of four sexy women on an off-world adventure?

It was also nice because it showed to me that Shep and Beckett are good buddies and were in high spirits.
      Makes the horrible monsters a little bit more horrible.
      What's the deal with the retardedly huge sigs?!
      Spelling correction by Gen Blue

Comment

So out of character for my boy. Yes, I know "he's a clone", but he's basically the same, and once again tptb are dumbing him down. *smacks forehead*

Comment

My first thought was that it was quite amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Voxyn View Post
            What hetero guy is not excited at the idea of four sexy women on an off-world adventure?

It was also nice because it showed to me that Shep and Beckett are good buddies and were in high spirits.
            Umm.... me.

Actually.

I could imagine McKay and Shep doing that fist bump thing, but NOT Beckett, I always imagined he was too much of a gentleman.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
              Umm.... me.

Actually.

I could imagine McKay and Shep doing that fist bump thing, but NOT Beckett, I always imagined he was too much of a gentleman.
              Me too. I mean to be honest I'm sure it makes for a funny little moment. But it's completely out of character for beckett.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                ITA. Completely out of character.

Comment

Agreed.

I noticed it too and I thought it didn't seem out of place. Out of place in 45 minutes of bad production decisions. Like the lingering shots of the, funnily enough all beautiful, female team.
                  CARTER: "I’m dressing up like Robin Hood, but part of my costume is missing, what have you got for me?"

HAMMOND: "You have a bow!"

Comment

1)I didnt think it was out of character, not at all, sure Carson can be a bit timid at times around women but there are a handful of times where Carson makes remarks like the fist bump. The last scene in rising comes to mind.

2) i didnt find it ungentlemanly at all to be perfectly honest

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
                      1)I didnt think it was out of character, not at all, sure Carson can be a bit timid at times around women but there are a handful of times where Carson makes remarks like the fist bump. The last scene in rising comes to mind.

2) i didnt find it ungentlemanly at all to be perfectly honest
                      Agree!
                      1) I think it is when they are all back in Atlantis in Rising. Teyla touches her forehead with Sheppard in a gesture of thanks and friendship type thing.
                      Carson says, "Why can't I make a friend like that?"
                      Rodney goes, "You need to get out more."
                      Carson, "We're in a different Galaxy! How much more out can you get?!"

Something like that.

2) What WOULD have been ungentlemanly was if they hard tried to decide which of them gets which girl alone or if they started comparing the ladies.
                      What's the deal with the retardedly huge sigs?!
                      Spelling correction by Gen Blue

Comment

A hetero guy that realises that they're all under his command and doesn't want to come off like a douchey boss?

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                          I thought the fist bump showed just how childish and stupid Sheppard and Beckett are. Not funny at all, but a harbinger of what was to come in the rest of the episode.
                          JoeM said it was adlibbed by JoeF and PaulMcG.
                          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by sarcasmo View Post
                            A hetero guy that realises that they're all under his command and doesn't want to come off like a douchey boss?
                            Theres always one.

Comment

Douchey boss? Yes, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                              X