The Female Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    On the contrary; it was the fans who made it an issue. All Beckett and Shep did was make a note of it, and that's it. The whole scene lasted less than a minute, and the fact that they're female didn't come up at all throughout the rest of the episode.

It was the fans who decided to take that bit and expand it into enough ramblings to fill several threads. But I suppose that's par for the course around here.
    Indeed, I think his attitude towards them was more because they were rookies (The c4 plan).

Comment

Originally posted by Yvie
      I think there are valid reasons for some of the limitations of women in certain combat situations. Men and women are physically different and socialized differently. If a task/position requires a physical component of which women statistically aren't capable then that has to be taken into account. But I feel like that's a small subset of positions in the military. And people as individuals, regardless of gender, have traits of toughness that are useful. At the same time, I agree that there's nothing saying the standards that have been relied upon couldn't be re-imagined with both gender equity and safety in mind.
      see that's the thing, right there - if that last parameter were to be taken into account, chances are all this "re-imagining" would result in the same standards

Comment

I don't particularly like Rambo or 'Rambette' soldiers, so I didn't take a liking to the two underlings. The sexist attitude of the leader wasn't that endearing, either. If the team were filled with deep, sensitive soldiers concerned about the ramifications of killing sentient beings intent on killing them... I'd be even more turned off. The fact that they weren't portrayed in a way that would make us immediately love them was a good thing. They're normal soldiers who just happen to be women.

I was more intrigued by the racial aspect of the team. We've got one white lady, one lady of sub-continental Indian descent, and one of apparently Latino descent. Considering they're on a team of 4, that's a Star Trek: Voyager level of racial inclusion. I'm not sure it was a bad thing, but it was just kind of blatant and obvious.

As for the lovely Dax... She was what I expect from a scientist. And cute as a button. No surprises there.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

well, this "female team" was a whole lot of dragon dung/bantha dung (lets stay with star wars ^^)

they didn't show courage, where clinging on one another and most likely (like schoolgirls) still go to toilett together -.-

i am against such experiments in the future (females alone don't cut it for me - as do males alone as females inspire courage in males and the other way round, and with only females there is no dynamic (would you love to see ***** fights on stargate? *shudders*)

greetings LAX

Comment

TPTB wasted a great opportunity with this team. I was looking forward to seeing this ep, especially this all female team, not because I am male and..........

Well it would have been refreshing to see a team other than Shep's, all female or otherwise, working extremely well together, even though they have not been together very long. They being the ones to come up with the tactics and strategy that keeps them alive to escape the situation that they find themselves in. They being the minds and muscle of the entire episode and impressing the hell out of Sheppard. Basically a kickass team that is very very good at what they do and happen to all be female.
            sigpic

Comment

I thought they were mostly annoying. Especially Dusty. But with that said, I actually did want to see them again. Because I think with some development they could be made into a lot better collection of characters.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I would have like to see this team again too.

Comment

I loved this team. I thought they were as good as SG teams should be. They didnt cling to eachother at all.They went into the fog and mutant infested village on there own and Porter was as scared as Rodney used to be in earlier seasons. She actually seemed to adapt quite quickly to the situation especially since the team seemed fairly new. I wish we saw more of this team instead of SGU characters. I agree that Atlantis should have focused more on exploring the galaxy and LOVED DUSTY! She shot more mutants than Sheppard.

Comment

Working...
                  X