• Show
Clear All

The say way some people love SG1 can't stand SGA
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog:

THE LOST TRIBE (511)

Oops. Mis-titled the last Days of SGA Past entry. First Contact was the first part of the mid-season two-parter while, of course, The Lost Tribe was second.

I remember walking through the Traveler’s ship set with my writing partner, Paul, and thinking: “Damn! We’ve got to find a way to fold this set and store it away for the Dark Matter series. “. Dark. Dirty. More Nostromo than Enterprise. It was, in a word, “perfect”. How were we to know it would be another five years before we’d get a shot.

Photos:

Marty G. at the controls (photo courtesy MGM Television)

High maintenance Asgard actor holds up the shoot (photo courtesy MGM Television)

Getting into those suits was as much as a chore as trying to walk around in one (photo courtesy of MGM Television

A view from the cockpit (photo courtesy of MGM Television)

Robert Picardo. Loved writing for his character.

The talented and terrific-to-work-with Sharon Taylor and David Nykl
      sigpic

Comment

Luckily i avoided all the spoilers on here, and I loved this episode.
        So it WAS the Asgaard, the evil Asgaard. I really liked that idea.

Good to hear from "the travelers" again...
        Zelenka was quite awesome. I know he didn't DO much, but it was nice to see him on a mission.
        I thought Ronan's character was a little overpowered, but he had to be, to save Daedelus.
        I also thought it was strange to see Daniel and Rodney in an Asgaard armor. They looked kind of stupid when they took their helmets off. And to be honest the suits looked a bit plastic.
        Rodney was just a creep in the end, maybe a little exaggerated?

I always liked Keller, except for her hair maybe, but I won't whine about that....

But overall great episode, loved the special effects...

EDIT: Oh my, only nine more episodes to go, before I'm going to SGU
        Last edited by Cluas; 25 February 2013, 01:13 PM. Reason: spelling and to add.

Comment

i hate to think what Jack would think when he finds out his "little buddies" have cousins out there that are "evil".

Comment

I never understood why Daniel said these guys can't be human. I mean, why can't they?

sigpic
            Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
            https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Loved this two-parter! Was supremely happy to see Daniel. <3

I thought those Asgard exoskeletons were really cool. And their tech was madness. That shield alone was really awesome. Also, I was really just happy to see the Asgard in the Pegasus galaxy even if it was a rogue faction. I was thinking about them during that huge space battle with the Replicators, like, "wouldn't it be nice if the Asgard could come and assist as well?"

Not many other thoughts on this episode.. I am glad to see Keller turn Ronon down, just for the sake of getting rid of this ridiculous love triangle. It was driving me nuts.
              sigpic
              [call me loser.]

Comment

Loved everything about this and First Contact, except Ronan. His shooting things “willy nilly” was ridiculous. Also how he was treating Keller irritated me as well. I am happy that the whole love triangle scenario is finished.

It was great seeing Daniel, and he didn’t even die. Lol The Daniel and Rodney moment at the end made me smile.

I really liked the girl Mila as well.

Comment

Working...
                X