This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midweek, another ep of Atlantis...

1. Again I liked Rodney and Daniel together, those two have more in common than is immediately obvious.

2. 'Might' Daniel be paid more than Rodney?

3. Woolsey gets shut down...

4. To be fair to Todd, it was a reasonable assumption on his part. He knows that our guys don't fully trust him therefore, why would he fully trust our guys?

5. Did anyone know about the Asgard involvement coming into this?

Solid ep!
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

This episode is those rare gems in S5 where the episode is actually good. I think is sells on so many levels. I really like the Daniel and McKay chemistry works well. They both have similiar personalities that makes for an interesting dynamic. With the obvious exception that McKay is not arrogant like Rodney. I felt that the Attero device was an interesting idea that explored on hyperspace. Although I would curious what causes the thing to blow up Stargates. The suit aliens are interesting to point that they seem tougher than the Wraith with their high tech devices. The only compliant with this story is the common compliant of S5. Where is Teyla? She is ignored way too much in S5. Ronon going with Keller? Love triangle makes me want to watch politics and I hate politics. I just don't want to watch it. Besides that it was nice seeing Keller and Todd interacting for the use of Keller's thearpy. I really like Todd questioning who is. On the other hand you would think your archenemy would be searced before entering the Deadalus before he can use his stun rods. Funny moment goes to Woosley's speech
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I think teyla was off screen a lot cause she was caring for her baby.

Comment

I have heard JM make that excuse and I think it is a lame one to justify taking the easy way out to not include her
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog:

FIRST CONTACT (510)

Over time, writer/Exec. Producer Martin Gero became the go-to guy for our Atlantis big event episodes. And, really, you couldn’t get any bigger than this fifth season midseason two-parter chock full of action, dazzling visual effects, shocking twists, Stargate mythology, and topped off with a visit from none other than Daniel Jackson himself. Honestly, what more could you ask for?

The thing I remember most about the shooting of this episode was the visit by a special needs boy and his family. They’d won a set visit and, as thrilled as they were be there, they were triply delighted to be meeting and spending time with Dr. Rodney McKay. And spending time with actor David Hewlett, I’m sure, far exceeded their expectations because he was nothing short of delightful company. I watched him interact with the kid and his family, making the time to sit and chat with them between the various shots, genuine in his interest and enthusiasm. And then, later, hurrying over to catch them before they left for the rest of their set tour to arrange a lunch meet-up. Really nice to see.

Photos:

Friday Night Lights alum Daniella Alonso steps into Jill Wagner’s boots as Traveler’s rep Katana Labrea (photo courtesy MGM Television)
            Art Department design for Lost Tribe exo-suit.
            And, the finished product (photo courtesy MGM Television)
            Under all that (faux) armor = Stunts Coordinator James “Bam Bam” Bamford (photo courtesy MGM Television)
            Todd adjusts his bluetooth (photo courtesy MGM Television)
            Every season, we we would measure to see how much taller our guest star Asgard had grown. Another two inches! (photo courtesy MGM Television)

David Hewlett and Michael Shanks = BFF!
            Writer/Exe. Producer Martin Gero directs the Rodney/Daniel scenes. JacKay?
            ]
            sigpic

Comment

Wow. This episode was solid! I have to admit even though I expected it, the end made me flinch.

What's up with the new race? For some reason, they are scarier to me than the wraith.

Comment

Daniel!!!

I was quite surprised.
                McKay was really grumpy.
                Then a new enemy, I was even more surprised.

Nice B-plot also, Todd felt betrayed. I can't blame him.

I've missed Zelenka. Good to see him again, hope he will survive.
                And then....

....To be continued...
                Can't wait to see the ending. This was one of the best episodes this season so far...
                Last edited by Cluas; 25 February 2013, 11:40 AM. Reason: to add

Comment

Working...
                X