• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Whispers' (507) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 507

Sheppard and Beckett join a team investigating a hidden Wraith laboratory where Michael has been conducting genetic experiments.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 12:24 AM.

I know a lot of the people on the preairing discussion don't like this episode but I'm actually loving it. It might just be easier to creep me out than you other guys.

Comment

first blah ep of the season it was scary and had some good moment but i don't see how it furthered the Michael story

loved porter
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

it was a 1 hour version of a cheesy scifi movie

horrible? no. cliched and silly at times? yeah
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Did the music playing while they let loose on the zombies after the explosion seem out of place or is it just me?

Comment

This episode was beyond terrible. I thought the point of a horror story was to scare people not bore them out of their skulls. The transition was beyond terrible. I am at a lost for words on how some events happened. The female team was filled with tons of cliches and cringe moments. Not mention I could tell exactly what was going to happen and when the monsters were going to show up. The fog was such a lame plot device. I seriousy haven't seen an episode this bad since Irresponsible. I can't even stomach myself to right my normal reviews.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I thought it was a pretty good episode.

Nice to see the all woman team and Dr. Beckett again.

Another one of Michael's research planets. I wonder how many of these they'll find. A very weird beginning apparently taking place a year ago.

I am going to say it now since it's been bothering me but I'm glad that only one member of the female team ended up dying, I was afraid that they'd turn out like the Russian teams and have all but one die. And why did they choose Alicia Vega (who they made such a big deal out of before the season aired) get killed?

The McKay-Beckett scene in the beginning was so small that I actually forgot that it took place later while watching the episode.

What is it with those misty villages?

Those things were pretty scary looking. I don't know if it's this season or that it's the last season but I have been enjoying these episodes more than last season's episodes and they feel more tense to me.

I hope that we see the female team again and that no more of them end up dying.

Not a lot to talk about this time for me. Much of this episode reminded me of "Morpheus" in SG-1 with the foggy dark village and research in one of the rooms.

I hate when some villager decides to "let out the monsters" but I guess it's a convenient plot device.

I didn't notice anything wrong with the fog personally. But I guess that is because my digital cable quality isn't that great to start with.

The monster killing action was nice though. I like that the old C4 prop from SG-1 were shown, why was the timer blue instead of red? Just to change things up?

Why did the fog prevent electronics from working? Were parts of this episode missing? A lot of things didn't make that much sense. And where was the sound that attracted the monsters? I know it was "ultrasonic" but shows usually have a cue to the viewers as to when it happens.

I did find it odd that they showed "Harmony" 2 episodes prior to this one which was a Sheppard-McKay episode and this one was a Sheppard-Beckett-McKay episode.

I did like the episode but there isn't much to say about it.

Vala,
              Last edited by Vala_M; 05 September 2008, 07:22 PM.

Comment

one thing i noticed...fog looks like crap on digital tape. digital can't handle subtle shadings well, it usually pixelizes, which is just what it did. The quality was so poor at times you're like 'mmhm, are they suggesting that there are zombies in the mist? cause i can't see crud'
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  one thing i noticed...fog looks like crap on digital tape. digital can't handle subtle shadings well, it usually pixelizes, which is just what it did. The quality was so poor at times you're like 'mmhm, are they suggesting that there are zombies in the mist? cause i can't see crud'
                  i thought it was just my tv
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                    I thought it was a pretty good episode.

Vala,
                    Me too! I thought Paul McGillion did a great job in the ep!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      it was a 1 hour version of a cheesy scifi movie

horrible? no. cliched and silly at times? yeah
                      I pretty much agree. Cliches galore, but still fairly entertaining, I thought. I liked Porter, I hope they bring her back before the finale, or maybe for the movie.

Teldy looked really familiar. I swear I've seen her in Stargate before, maybe in SG-1?

sigpic

Comment

I agree with Skydiver, it was pretty silly. Honestly, I thought it was okay, I just wasn't able to get into the plot, but that was probably because they shoved four new characters at us and only kept two main characters in the story. I found myself missing Teyla and Rodney and Ronon imensely.

Also, after the news about Leela Savesta as Captain Vega, I thought that she'd stick around longer. Pity.

Entertaining, but definetely not my favorite of Season 5. Oh well, you can't win them all.
                        sigpic
                        The Return of King Arthur
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I thought that Paul McG would own Whispers but the female team own it!

Comment

I thought it was my tv or just Directv but the fog did look a bit crap.

Comment

Yes it was a rendition of a sci-fi horror movie, but in those flicks you don't really care what happens to the characters, you've got all of 90 minutes to decide if you like them and see them fend off the baddies.

With a long standing show where you feel alot more for your characters like, Sheppard and Beckett, it makes the suspensful parts more nail biting. I'll have to admit that this ep had me on edge, that I didn't even find something else to watch during the commercials, I just kept it on sci-fi the whole hour!

Comment

Working...
                              X