Alternate Ending. (Tao of Rodney)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternate Ending. (Tao of Rodney)

In Tao of Rodney there was a machine which made Rodney very, very smart and very very powerful. For a while I've been waiting for an episode where Rodney zaps himself with the machine again, and then solves the problem with his superior mind. (It does not necessarily need to be Rodney) I thought this episode would be a great opportunity to do that. Rodney being very very smart, but also very very 'dumb' would make him normal right? So Rodney, with his superior mind could figure to a way to get rid of the parasite in his head. And then, when either acension(sp?), or death was imminent, get zapped by the machine again like he did last time.

I don't know, I could be way out of line or missing some major factors like, the machine doesn't work the same way twice or maybe in the end of Tao of Rodney the machine was severely messed up or something.
    But I really think they should bring the machine back again. I mean, the ability to make 60 replicator guns all malfunction at the same time has got to be a major asset! Even if they get a very minor character to get zapped by the machine and possibly die in the end it would be worth it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
    MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
    I don't know, I could be way out of line or missing some major factors like, the machine doesn't work the same way twice or maybe in the end of Tao of Rodney the machine was severely messed up or something.
    Well, at the end of the episode, Mckay said he got lucky that it didn't instantly melt down as the Ancient database revealed that its effects on people were "wildly unpredictable." So that put an end to Sheppard wanting to be the next to try it and, presumably, for all they know the same person has a chance of suffering random effects.

Comment

McKay acted the way he did in The Shrine because the parasite was impairing his brain function. If he had used the Ascendo Machine again that wouldn't have solved the problem because the parasite is still a physical presence in his brain impairing thinking and motor skills. Being super smart doesn't change that, in fact under those conditions it's impossible to be super smart.

Comment

Working...
      X