Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Marks/Christopher Martin Thunk Thread

Welcome Marks-lovers!

Ahem, this thread is dedicated to the wonderful actor Christopher Martin who plays the lovely Major Marks on SG1. Hopefully there are more fans of him, i invite you all to join us in posting pretty pictures and stories as we hallow the awesomeness that is Christopher Martin aka Major Marks!

Thank you and now go and have some fun

*waves to milena* you can come in now!
    Last edited by sg-daniel; 19 October 2008, 04:44 AM.

Originally posted by sg-daniel View Post
    Welcome Marks-lovers!

Ahem, this thread is dedicated to the wonderful actor Christopher Martin who plays the lovely Major Marks on SG1. Hopefully there are more fans of him, i invite you all to join us in posting pretty pictures and stories as we hallow the awesomeness that is Christopher Martin aka Major Marks!

Thank you and now go and have some fun

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...10x09-3690.jpg

*waves to milena* you can come in now!
    Duuuude!!! *waves back* How are there no people here yet? Have they not witnessed the awesomeness that is Marksy?

Well, let us enlighten them, shall we?

As with many, I'm sure, I completely ignored Marks from the time of his arrival all the way into S10. I can't remember THE moment I really noticed him but I have a feeling that it has to do with the scene in Company of Thieves near the end with Daniel...the one that goes a little something like this...

INT—BRIDGE OF THE ODYSSEY

Daniel *gestures to Marks, distractedly*:
    Uh, you should probably prepare to return fire.
    Marks: For the record, I'm always prepared. I just have to press this button here.

*Daniel looks at Marks in surprise as Marks points at a button on his console.*

Daniel: Right…I just—I thought that's what you're supposed to say, so…
    Marks: I know.

That was just all kinds of insubordinate brilliance After that I started paying attention to him more and more. I even noticed that in the early episodes, he was a captain. Our baby was promoting behind the scenes! *pets Marks* I'm so proud.

Lookit how intense he looks

||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

DUUUDE! i guess the people need a bit of convincing to come here we can do that riiight??

i think "Avalon 1" was Marks first episode, thats where i noticed him first, but just unconsciously. i cant remember when i started really liking him, but that scene in COT was brilliant!!

on tuesday i saw "Ethon" again and saw he was in there too, i totally didnt remember that, but he was! our pretty boy

and OMG that picture!! lol, i got that too! wanted to add it as the second pic to the welcome post but then thought, i'd just post one LOL scary

and in honor of the grand opening of this thread i'll post marks first scene on SG1 actually hes Ltd. in that scene, that means he got promoted twice already! good boy!

9x01 Avalon Part 1

SCENE: Auxiliary control room two

MITCHELL: Marks what you got?

MARKS: Well thanks to the Asguard sensors. *rolls to other computer* we were able to map around the energy distortion that would have normally fooled deep ground sonar. I was able to define a large main cavern, network of tunnels and some smaller caves.

MITCHELL: well done Ltd.

VALA: *leans close to Marks* can you see what's in there….say large piles of precious metals? *Jackson pulls her up, moving hand on her shoulder then after a minute quickly pulling it away*

MARKS: Like I said we could only map the exterior of the structure.

MITCHELL: can you get us in there *points*

MARKS: Well it's almost a half mile underground and there's no visible access on the surface.

JACKSON: Asguard beams.

MARKS: Tried that. Doesn't seem to penetrate whatever sort of energy field is disguising the caves.

VALA: rings. The ancients were the gate builders right? And they invented the rings to…they had to get in there some how and I know this ship has rings, *turns to Jackson* its how I…

JACKSON: yeah yeah yeah good times. She's right though.

MARKS: If there are rings down there, we should be able to lock on. But your radios won't work.

MITCHELL: Looks like we're all going. *pats Jacksons shoulder, Vala does a little yes gesture*

MARKS: You'll be on your own

MITCHELL: Ladies first.

VALA: *turns to Jackson* well then after you.

Comment

DUUUDE! i guess the people need a bit of convincing to come here we can do that riiight??

i think "Avalon 1" was Marks first episode, thats where i noticed him first, but just unconsciously. i cant remember when i started really liking him, but that scene in COT was brilliant!!

on tuesday i saw "Ethon" again and saw he was in there too, i totally didnt remember that, but he was! our pretty boy

and OMG that picture!! lol, i got that too! wanted to add it as the second pic to the welcome post but then thought, i'd just post one LOL scary

and in honor of the grand opening of this thread i'll post marks first scene on SG1 actually hes Ltd. in that scene, that means he got promoted twice already! good boy!

9x01 Avalon Part 1

SCENE: Auxiliary control room two

MITCHELL: Marks what you got?

MARKS: Well thanks to the Asguard sensors. *rolls to other computer* we were able to map around the energy distortion that would have normally fooled deep ground sonar. I was able to define a large main cavern, network of tunnels and some smaller caves.

MITCHELL: well done Ltd.

VALA: *leans close to Marks* can you see what's in there….say large piles of precious metals? *Jackson pulls her up, moving hand on her shoulder then after a minute quickly pulling it away*

MARKS: Like I said we could only map the exterior of the structure.

MITCHELL: can you get us in there *points*

MARKS: Well it's almost a half mile underground and there's no visible access on the surface.

JACKSON: Asguard beams.

MARKS: Tried that. Doesn't seem to penetrate whatever sort of energy field is disguising the caves.

VALA: rings. The ancients were the gate builders right? And they invented the rings to…they had to get in there some how and I know this ship has rings, *turns to Jackson* its how I…

JACKSON: yeah yeah yeah good times. She's right though.

MARKS: If there are rings down there, we should be able to lock on. But your radios won't work.

MITCHELL: Looks like we're all going. *pats Jacksons shoulder, Vala does a little yes gesture*

MARKS: You'll be on your own

MITCHELL: Ladies first.

VALA: *turns to Jackson* well then after you.
        No.Way!!!! He was promoted TWICE in two seasons!? That's like totally unheard of. *tears* Our boy is a genius!!

And so he's a newbie in with BB and CB, eh? Gotta say, I totally love those cast additions And that scene was so awesome!! With him trying not to look at Vala's chest Poor baby, they were like RIGHT THERE

We should look into it on imdb or something to make sure that he's a S9 newbie though, secondary characters are notorious for popping up in weird places

A little Marksy love, again courtesy of Stef Great minds think alike, Maggie And how could we not be great!? We see the awesomeness that is Marks

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
          No.Way!!!! He was promoted TWICE in two seasons!? That's like totally unheard of. *tears* Our boy is a genius!!

And so he's a newbie in with BB and CB, eh? Gotta say, I totally love those cast additions And that scene was so awesome!! With him trying not to look at Vala's chest Poor baby, they were like RIGHT THERE

We should look into it on imdb or something to make sure that he's a S9 newbie though, secondary characters are notorious for popping up in weird places

A little Marksy love, again courtesy of Stef Great minds think alike, Maggie And how could we not be great!? We see the awesomeness that is Marks

Marks definitely IS a wonderboy!! and the writers sooo like him i love the writers

i just looked him up on imdb and found out some amazing things!!
          his first ep was indeed Avalon, BUT the amazing thing is this:

Ex Deus Machina (26 August 2005) - Lt. Marks
          Ethon (3 February 2006) - Captain Marks
          Off the Grid (10 February 2006) - Major Marks

see this?? marks is a genius!! he made it from Lt. to Major in not even a year

what else did i found out?? Marks is also in 2 atlantis eps this year! our baby has made it to the spin-offf!! awesome!!!

now you said that about Avalon, i have to watch the ep again to see for myself lol he definitely got the best company in that scene!!

omg, this is so awesome, you picked the same pics as me

AND LOOK WHAT I FOUND! its a Major Marks musicvideo! i have no idea what that language is, sounds kinda russian, but its funny
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBX0PI6WxVQ

and now another pretty

Last edited by sg-daniel; 11 October 2008, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Marks definitely IS a wonderboy!! and the writers sooo like him i love the writers

i just looked him up on imdb and found out some amazing things!!
            his first ep was indeed Avalon, BUT the amazing thing is this:

Ex Deus Machina (26 August 2005) - Lt. Marks
            Ethon (3 February 2006) - Captain Marks
            Off the Grid (10 February 2006) - Major Marks

see this?? marks is a genius!! he made it from Lt. to Major in not even a year
            No Way!!! *huggles Marks* You really have to wonder, why would the writers have promoted him at all? Like, I don't know of any other secondary characters having been promoted behind the scenes

what else did i found out?? Marks is also in 2 atlantis eps this year! our baby has made it to the spin-offf!! awesome!!!
            OMG!!! *cheek pinches Marks* Now I'm actually gonna have to tune in Which episodes is he in? Is it listed?

AND LOOK WHAT I FOUND! its a Major Marks musicvideo! i have no idea what that language is, sounds kinda russian, but its funny
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBX0PI6WxVQ

and now another pretty
            *runs to check it out*

EDIT: OMG!! That was so adorable!!! And did you see the clip of BH where he has a little cheer thing going on after the beachhead is destroyed?

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

No Way!!! *huggles Marks* You really have to wonder, why would the writers have promoted him at all? Like, I don't know of any other secondary characters having been promoted behind the scenes
              they just love him! the writers have a good taste

OMG!!! *cheek pinches Marks* Now I'm actually gonna have to tune in Which episodes is he in? Is it listed?
              yes they are listed, let me just check.... its episode 4x11 "Be all my sins remembered" and 5x01 "search and rescue" *squeeeeeeeeeees* *pats marks*

*runs to check it out*

EDIT: OMG!! That was so adorable!!! And did you see the clip of BH where he has a little cheer thing going on after the beachhead is destroyed?
              I SO DID!! isnt that soo adorable!
              found a cap of it woohoo

*squeees*
              Last edited by sg-daniel; 11 October 2008, 08:46 AM.

Comment

and now the Major Marks scene of the day

from 10x07 Counterstrike

SCENE: SG-1 appear on the bridge of the Odyssey.

MITCHELL: What happened?
                EMERSON: That's what we're trying to figure out.
                MARKS: Sir, I'm not picking up any life signs on the planet.
                CARTER: That's impossible.
                EMERSON: Is it a sensor malfunction?
                MARKS: *Carter walks over* All systems are operating normally.
                JACKSON: There are thousands of people on that planet.
                CARTER: He's right. We're not picking up anything.

i know its short but i like it *pats wonderboy*
                Last edited by sg-daniel; 11 October 2008, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Marks there'll be even in Atlantis 5x10 First Contact.
                  Spoiler:

sigpic
                  Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
                    Marks there'll be even in Atlantis 5x10 First Contact.
                    Spoiler:

awesome!!! thanks mad!
                    *pats marks* good boy!

Comment

I SO DID!! isnt that soo adorable!
                      found a cap of it woohoo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...-9x06_4178.jpg

*squeees*
                      Heeeee!!! Adorable! *ruffles hair*

and now the Major Marks scene of the day

from 10x07 Counterstrike

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...10x07-2093.jpg
                      SCENE: SG-1 appear on the bridge of the Odyssey.

MITCHELL: What happened?
                      EMERSON: That's what we're trying to figure out.
                      MARKS: Sir, I'm not picking up any life signs on the planet.
                      CARTER: That's impossible.
                      EMERSON: Is it a sensor malfunction?
                      MARKS: *Carter walks over* All systems are operating normally.
                      JACKSON: There are thousands of people on that planet.
                      CARTER: He's right. We're not picking up anything.

i know its short but i like it *pats wonderboy*
                      Aww, I like this scene of the day thing! But pfffft, as if they needed Carter to confirm his readings Don't they know he's a genius? He was promoted to Major way faster than she was

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
                      Hey MAD!! Welcome to the Marks thread!

Thanks for the pics but OMG!!! In this pic!

He's sleeping right!? He's just sleeping, right!?!? The wraith didn't kill our boy, did he? *tears up*

To help prove my pleas, I have a pic of our adorable buddy sleeping in CoT, presumably after the ship has been rocked about cuz I'm thinking it's more of an "unconscious" sleep than a pleasant and voluntary one

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Aww, I like this scene of the day thing! But pfffft, as if they needed Carter to confirm his readings Don't they know he's a genius? He was promoted to Major way faster than she was
                        me too! you're welcome to join me

and pfftt.... of course they know! they're just trying to squeeze him in the background, cause they KNOW hes a genius, but if everyone knew that, carter wouldnt look that good hes the silent genius of stargate

Thanks for the pics but OMG!!! In this pic!

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9...5100001mh4.jpg

He's sleeping right!? He's just sleeping, right!?!? The wraith didn't kill our boy, did he? *tears up*

To help prove my pleas, I have a pic of our adorable buddy sleeping in CoT, presumably after the ship has been rocked about cuz I'm thinking it's more of an "unconscious" sleep than a pleasant and voluntary one

I'm sure hes just unwillingly unconscious, they wouldnt dare to kill off the genius of stargate and hey he survived all the dead ship-captains, so wraith? piece of cake

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, that "sleeping" pic is so adorable

Comment

and of course todays scene of the day!

well not really a scene cause its so short, and our boy just says 2 words, but i like the picture that goes with it

From 9x02 Avalon, Part 2

MARKS: Colonel Mitchell!
                          MITCHELL: one of these things is not like the others ....
                          Last edited by sg-daniel; 11 October 2008, 08:47 AM.

Comment

me too! you're welcome to join me

and pfftt.... of course they know! they're just trying to squeeze him in the background, cause they KNOW hes a genius, but if everyone knew that, carter wouldnt look that good hes the silent genius of stargate
                            I know, right? Poor baby just accepts to live brilliantly in the shadows of the "cool kids".

I'm sure hes just unwillingly unconscious, they wouldnt dare to kill off the genius of stargate and hey he survived all the dead ship-captains, so wraith? piece of cake

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, that "sleeping" pic is so adorable
                            Not if they know what's good for them *shakes fist threateningly* But that's true, he seems pretty indestructible so I'm...somewhat relieved

and of course todays scene of the day!

well not really a scene cause its so short, and our boy just says 2 words, but i like the picture that goes with it

From 9x02 Avalon, Part 2

MARKS: Colonel Mitchell!
                            MITCHELL: one of these things is not like the others ....
                            Awwww, look at him. He's OUT of the space ship They let him out *snorts giddily* He shouldn't touch alien things though *shakes head with worry*

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

I know, right? Poor baby just accepts to live brilliantly in the shadows of the "cool kids".
                              hes just such a humble guy, he doesnt need to let everyone know hes a genius like some *other* persons that makes me adore him even more

Not if they know what's good for them *shakes fist threateningly* But that's true, he seems pretty indestructible so I'm...somewhat relieved
                              i tell you, he will "outlive" (is that a word? lol) everyone on this ship hes supermarks! lol

Awwww, look at him. He's OUT of the space ship They let him out *snorts giddily* He shouldn't touch alien things though *shakes head with worry*

ahahahaha i hadnt even noticed that this time hes not even on the ship *pats marks* you better stay on that ship where you're safe, well as safe as it can be, but at least you cant get kidnapped or shot or whatever.

that pic.. i dont know, but somehow sam annoys me, when shes checking marks calculations, i mean hey, hes a genius too! he just doesnt need to make sure everyone else knows that!

Comment

Working...
                              X