Where was Beckett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where was Beckett?

I would have loved to have a line explaining why the Beckett clone can't make it back for either saying good bye to Rodney or try to cure him.

Sure this was meant to be a McKay-Keller episode, but it would have been nice nonetheless.
    I just love shows about wormholes!

The Daedalus is hardly public transport, though I'm not sure he's actually left yet.

Comment

I'd assume he's still in a hospital. He had serious health issues and while it was one thing for Woolsey to return his delay, they're not going to release him early so he can go running off to the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

The actor was unavailable most likely.

Comment

It didn't matter, without the shrine carson could do nothing and with the shrine he would have done the same as keller.

Comment

Beckett's back on earth, and yes I agree the actor either wasn't available or the writer simple didn't write him in. But come on what the hell is wrong with everyone, it should have been quite clear the shrine was an ancient device of some kinda. What did they just get to Atlantis and forget there is ancient tech all over the place.

Comment

I know I don't post much anymore but I have to comment on this one... I believe the original posters comment was based on the fact that he/she (sorry don't know you) felt that with the established relationship between McKay and Beckett regardless if this was a Keller/McKay episode or if Paul McGillion was able to be there, there should have at least been a bit of dialog that address where Carson was. I feel the same way, there was no way that Carson wouldn't have wanted to be there for his friend. I loved the episode it was such a strong one for David and he shined! But the one thing that was missing was Beckett. Sure as someone pointed out he and Keller would have "done" the same things in the role of doctor, but the dynamics between the characters McKay/Keller and McKay/Beckett are totally different. The writers wanted to push forth the UST or whatever it is with McKay and Keller but I don't think that would have been diminished at all if Rodney and Carson friendship would have been addressed in some way too. A simple line of dialog from someone saying Beckett wanted to be here but wasn't cleared for the trip or something would have made sense. (and let me say that I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.)

Comment

Eh. Or you could use your imagination and realize that anyone who loved Rodney would want to be there in his time of need and probably wished him well regardless.

The actor either wasn't available or TPTB deemed that they had enough to address with the full main cast and the guest character of Jeannie. Who, if you're going to have a guest character at all when Rodney is dieing, is mightily more important as his sister than Carson is as his best friend.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                  It didn't matter, without the shrine carson could do nothing and with the shrine he would have done the same as keller.
                  Except I don't think Carson would have been mooning over tapes of Rodney declaring his love.

Comment

Earth. In a cage. Being poked with long needles.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I agree that it would have been nice to see him in the ep everyone else nailed it and it was great as is.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                      X